Hurricane KATIA

2»

Comments

• 81 wrote:

the end of the world, part 2. :lol:

loooong way to go for this one guys.

i just want waves for my 2 week surf vacation :wave: :thumbup:
    poeple are going to die and all you can think of is surfing.... :P

i have been waiting 8 months for this 2 week gig..actually 20 odd years for asp wold tour surfing near my home

hence i said hopefully it stays offshore but gives us waves...
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • ..please help us hurricane K...don't hit us..but give us waves

just a reminder of my words..
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

We have an awesome swell here right now out west. Best surf I've had in a few years. Woke up early this morning, made a quick call to work, cough cough, and then head on out. It showed up yesterday. A bit of a crowd along the shorelines today to watch. It started to get a bit crowded out there later in the morning, then a bit choppy and inconsistent.

http://beach.orangecounty.com/2011/09/0 ... ort/39057/

Local paper photos: http://www.orangecounty.com/sections/ar ... 1&id=25790

We have an awesome swell here right now out west. Best surf I've had in a few years. Woke up early this morning, made a quick call to work, cough cough, and then head on out. It showed up yesterday. A bit of a crowd along the shorelines today to watch. It started to get a bit crowded out there later in the morning, then a bit choppy and inconsistent.

yea that was the swell from tahiti..massive ...sweet

nothing l ike a nice empty lineup :mrgreen:
  • well I've already lost a ton of stuff do to flooding so. . I can't possibly lose anymore
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,570
    81 wrote:

i just want waves for my 2 week surf vacation :wave: :thumbup:

i have been waiting 8 months for this 2 week gig..actually 20 odd years for asp wold tour surfing near my home

what about all those boaters out in the water? people can die and you just think it's a joke. :x
    www.myspace.com
  • 81 wrote:

what about all those boaters out in the water? people can die and you just think it's a joke. :x

get your ass back to land...and dry dock that shit
  • actually the storm in the gulf thats gonna become hurricane louie is on target to fuck up louisana again

thats situation # 1
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    actually the storm in the gulf thats gonna become hurricane louie is on target to fuck up louisana again

thats situation # 1

083814W5_NL_sm.gif

it's currently not predicted to get to hurricane status. hell, that looks more minor than the storm we had in july.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    actually the storm in the gulf thats gonna become hurricane louie is on target to fuck up louisana again

thats situation # 1

083814W5_NL_sm.gif

it's currently not predicted to get to hurricane status. hell, that looks more minor than the storm we had in july.

you might want to step up to a real website...
    www.stormpulse.com
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    81 wrote:

thats situation # 1

083814W5_NL_sm.gif

you might want to step up to a real website...
    http://www.stormpulse.com
    Well where do you think SP get their data? :P
  • in other news, california is getting a massive earthquake set to be 9.2 in the richter scale while hawaii's largest volcano is set to erupt tomorrow evening for the first time in 223 years. millions will die.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
    looks like we are all safe from Katia.

whew
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    looks like we are all safe from Katia.

whew

thank god.
    www.myspace.com
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    yes, but now we need to worry about Fourteen
    for what it's worth, the hot dog guy on my block at the shore said he's seen thunderstorms worse than irene. obviously hit other areas harder, but i'm glad it spared my beloved sea isle. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    yes, but now we need to worry about Fourteen

084114W5_NL_sm.gif

doesn't look like it's forecasted to be too strong, but looks like it will hit land
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Driving to Wisconsin Thursday and Friday and driving back to PA Monday, we passed a lot of convoys of power company line trucks, Irene left a big mess to clean up
    fourteen is now Tropical Storm Maria
  • A big thank you to kati a..for making this surf week awesome...waves have been sick and the pros are ripping shit

And better yet ..tomorrow and Friday are gonna be the biggest waves 8-) HOLLA!!!!
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    So, is it a pretty sure bet this isn't hitting the East Coast? ...lots of us lost power on the last one for a long time.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10