Hurricane KATIA

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I am still wondering what happened to TEN. TEN was building up as Irene was tearing up the coast
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I am still wondering what happened to TEN. TEN was building up as Irene was tearing up the coast

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MI ... 0857.shtml
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,571
    sequels always suck.
    www.myspace.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,950
    sequels always suck.
    what about twelvequels?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    just in time for my surf vacation next week !!!!!!! sweeeet
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    crap, now it has a name - Tropical Storm Katia. I don't even know how to pronounce that!
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    crap, now it has a name - Tropical Storm Katia. I don't even know how to pronounce that!

Ka Tia is the way i would split it up .

could be trouble unless it spins itself back in to the atlantic.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    that fucker looks like it's coming right for me :?
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Ka Tia is the way i would split it up .

could be trouble unless it spins itself back in to the atlantic.
    think eastern european or russian. Katya would be a phonetic spelling.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Maybe it's like a pet, once you name it, it's not going to go away.
    sexy
    www.myspace.com
    sexy sequel , but I hate sequels, I think they suck. What to do , what to do.
    fixed. :mrgreen:

now predicted to turn into a cat 3 in the next 5 days.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

If it stays on that track, it might make landfall around 9/11. I wonder if coverage of Katia will pre-empt 9/11 anniversary coverage? Which hype wins?
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

If it stays on that track, it might make landfall around 9/11. I wonder if coverage of Katia will pre-empt 9/11 anniversary coverage? Which hype wins?

hmmm

i'm sure they have been working on 9/11 stuff for the past couple of years....but a hurricane is current....

i guess it depends on where katia hits, if it hits anything. if it hits NY, hurricane wins, if it were to hit anywhere else not named soup bowl 9/11 wins.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Weather always wins because it affects the largest number of people at any given time.
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
    man this has a decent chance to produce nice waves in long beach for the surfing contest.......please help us hurricane K...don't hit us..but give us waves
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    uh oh....

looking like it's starting to bend back towards land vs. back out to sea....

could be trouble.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

the end of the world, part 2. :lol:

loooong way to go for this one guys.
    www.myspace.com

• the end of the world, part 2. :lol:

i just want waves for my 2 week surf vacation :wave: :thumbup:

do you actually surf or do you just watch them surf?

i'll take some waves for my boogie boarding next week. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com

• WNW ....yikes

http://www.quiksilverpro.com/

poeple are going to die and all you can think of is surfing.... :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

poeple are going to die and all you can think of is surfing.... :P

....zing
    www.myspace.com
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    They repeat hurricane names every six years...this would have been a Katrina...but that name was retired.
    guitar59 wrote:
    They repeat hurricane names every six years...this would have been a Katrina...but that name was retired.
    :?
    www.myspace.com
  • guitar59 wrote:

you know your cane history..very good fine sir
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I'm on my way to the store to buy a carriage full of batteries, flashlights, milk and bread.

I don't actually drink much milk, or eat much bread, but apparently it's de rigueur when a storm approaches.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)