You couldn't ask for a nicer early fall day

Comments

• rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    RKCNDY wrote:
    so neily offends people in one thread by making certain offending comments, was told that said comments were ignorant, and now all of a sudden we're offending him by posting "It's really nice out today"?

:roll:

Do you think he means becuase somebody said "we have the hurricane to thank for the nice weather"? Is that really the equivalent at laughing at those in the hurricane situation, or thinking that the death toll is "a joke to some"?

I can't find the ...the reference to which he is talking about, which is why I was so sarcastic.
    No you guys at laughing at our weather by saying your weather is sooo nice

Well our weather is causing deaths

81 never talked about the weather in his life till his sarcastic 1st post..

Whatever enjoy the nice weather

81 lives in Chicago and his first sentence directly referred to next weekend's big shindig.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    RKCNDY wrote:
    so neily offends people in one thread by making certain offending comments, was told that said comments were ignorant, and now all of a sudden we're offending him by posting "It's really nice out today"?

:roll:

What the dog thread? Give me a break...

I just said the family is more important than a dog..

And this thread wasn't made because it's really nice out..it was made because of the life threating weather on the east coast..
    I'm not 5 years old..i get 81 was trying to be funny..someone even thanked me for some reason

So please don't talk to me like I'm 5 years old...

Nobody ever said anyone was laughing at people dying..I just said the hurricane is causing deaths
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,378
    I really hate to say this, but I agree with Neily. :o We're sitting here trying to figure out where to sleep in our 44-window house because there are tornado watches everywhere (probably the guest room because our room has a bunch of windows with trees right outside), and making sure no tree branches can break through to our son's room. This thing is really fucked up.

Watching Cubs v Brewers and wishing I lived in Milwaukee. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,378
    Of course, i agree with this:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Jesus, a couple threads really took off. The world is not ending. Yes, its a serious situation and the weather blows, but joking is fine.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    conman wrote:
    im glad u guys are laughing at our situation..people are dying u fools
    last i heard the toll is up to 8

its a joke to some.. :roll:

so sad
    edited November 2012
    times
    Post edited by rollings on
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Dang Dang wrote:
    I live in South Florida,
    I know all about preparation for a hurricane and the anxiety involved....done it lots of times, its never fun.
    ok but people in the northeast aren't used to hurricanes so i think they're more anxious than you would be. they're probably just scared shitless, i know i am because my whole family is on the south shore of long island and i'm 800 miles away and can't be there for them
    Dang Dang wrote:
    I live in South Florida,
    I know all about preparation for a hurricane and the anxiety involved....done it lots of times, its never fun.

The whole point is....nobody was making fun of ANYTHING. 81 started the thread by saying "If this weekend is anything like next weekend, you guys are in for a treat..." He lives in chicago, near that shindig coming up.

Now I can't get into 81's head to know his intention, but if there was ill intent it surely wasn't written on the page!

I'm not looking to argue ..I have other things on my mind

But 81 made the thread because of our shitty weather not pj 20....I know him well enough to realize that

And I'm not saying he is laughing at people dying or anything like that...it was a sarcastic poke at the hurricane

I just felt the need to point out shit is serious over here
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Gob wrote:
    81 wrote:
    if next weekend is anything like today, you are in for a treat.

sky is a nice deep blue with some high level whispy clouds.

just hint of a breeze to keep the air moving.

ahhhhh
    I think I heard it has something to do with the hurricane, air rising from it, flowing hundreds of miles away and then sinking creating this lovely weather, stalling the high pressure system we are under..

We need to give thanks to the east coast for this. :P

Case in point
    81 wrote:
    Gob wrote:
    81 wrote:
    if next weekend is anything like today, you are in for a treat.

sky is a nice deep blue with some high level whispy clouds.

just hint of a breeze to keep the air moving.

ahhhhh
    I think I heard it has something to do with the hurricane, air rising from it, flowing hundreds of miles away and then sinking creating this lovely weather, stalling the high pressure system we are under..

We need to give thanks to the east coast for this. :P

Reallly...well in that case, thanks nelly :P

Case in point...I know he is joking...but again people are in serious danger ...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=148109&p=3864556#p3864556

pot meet kettle....

anyways....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,558
    81 wrote:

this thread is hilarious :lol:

obviously its a shame those people died down in carolina and virginia when the storm was an actual legitimate hurricane. fucking thing was a glorified rain storm up here. a huge rain storm. rain and flooding sucks, obviously, but it wasn't this armageddon situation that the media made it out to be...and, thus, thousands of people believed.

floyd back in '99 was worse than this.

i woke up, looked outside and said "that's it?" :? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I was totally making fun of dead people... Totally.

Everyone knew people were going to die, and they had warning.. You take your chances in life. People die everyday from the elements. Doesn't mean we can't joke around about life..

Any comedic value in this thread was directed at the inconvenience of the millions of people on the east coast, NOT the handful of people who died, most for being careless.

Like 81 mentioned, I seemed to remember lots of jokes about the Chicago blizzard. Looks like 9 people died from that.. God help us. :roll:
    conman wrote:
    Dang Dang wrote:
    I live in South Florida,
    ok but people in the northeast aren't used to hurricanes so i think they're more anxious than you would be. they're probably just scared shitless, i know i am because my whole family is on the south shore of long island and i'm 800 miles away and can't be there for them

Alot of ny poeple are scared of their own shadow
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i tell ya what.....

today is absolutly perfect. i say we all ditch work right now and head to a big field and tailgate.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    i tell ya what.....

today is absolutly perfect. i say we all ditch work right now and head to a big field and tailgate.

raining here, so that sounds about right, I'll bring the canopy
    i'm telling...sunny as can be. a slight cool breeze. a few high level clouds. nice deep blue sky.

perfect midwest late summer early fall weather.

fuck fallon, more valley :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I would be up for doing it all over again, no problem. maybe I would look into flying though
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    been very lovely here lately. a/c turned off a week ago or so. windows all open, all the time. at night it is in the 50's. this is like washington state weather. which i do miss the coast and its perks.

westport, wa
    frickin 50 degrees all the time, every time :)
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    flooding today in these parts was worse than irene. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    chadwick wrote:
    been very lovely here lately. a/c turned off a week ago or so. windows all open, all the time. at night it is in the 50's. this is like washington state weather. which i do miss the coast and its perks.

westport, wa

doesn't look that bad to me...

5day_640.jpg
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I don't know, Cleveland has been "gloomy" and in the upper 60's and without sun since - Sunday !!!! :evil:

the temps have cooled down a bit, but I want sunshine !!!!!

That damn lake effect seems to hang around Cleveland for days on end....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    RKCNDY wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

westport, wa

doesn't look that bad to me...

5day_640.jpg

that is picture perfect weather you got there. the low temps are the key. upper 50's, low 60's, low humidity--that's some good sleeping weather. your juggler is jealous.
    www.myspace.com
    Love this time of year
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Love this time of year

me too, great weekend to be outside - sunny, but cool in the shade. Great weather for heavy metal and beer and football and soccer and taking a hike in the woods
    only downside....raking leaves. :lol:

but seriously....i don't know how anybody couldn't like this time of year.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

love it, sad thing is it only lasts about a month, then its too cold
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    It's a sin to be inside on a day like this!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

love it, sad thing is it only lasts about a month, then its too cold

noooooo...it just turns into leather season. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg