Anyone here like beef jerky?

elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,117
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
So for those that know me, I am involved heavily in a U.S. Troop support group locally here in South Jersey. One of my fellow members served in the Marines in the 70's. His son-in-law was shipped over to Iraq a couple of years ago and to keep minds busy and at ease during his deployment, the family started making homemade beef jerky. A few weeks later and the son-in-law sent a note back stating it was the best jerky ever and he and his unit wanted more. So more was made and the response back each time was to send more and more. A long story longer and my friend "Jarhead Jim" has sent over 3000 pounds of "Jim's Jarhead Jerky" to our Men & Women serving in the middle east.

So a lot of these soldiers would send us thank you letters and emails asking how they could buy it. The answer was they couldn't. Well, after hearing too many times that he should sell it and it is the best jerky they have ever had, Jim's Jarhead Jerky is now officially available for sale while he still makes it at home by hand to donate to our troops. Check out the testimonials, photos, and awesome comments from the Troops on Jim's website: http://www.jimsjarheadjerky.com. The bags he has available for sale are made and packaged by a local food company who has matched his recipe and taste to his specs. The Troops will still get the home made stuff.

Any sales Jim makes from his website and from sales in stores will help him further in supporting the Troops. He is going to donate a percentage of sales to local US Troop support groups such as Semper Fido (http://semperfido.org/) and The Yellow Ribbon Club (www.yellowribbonclub.org - a Pearl Jam sponsored non-profit by the way!). If anyone has any questions or has a business where you would be interested in selling Jim's Jarhead Jerky, feel free to PM me as I am helping Jim get it in stores as we continue to send the homemade kind in care packages every week. I can help those big PJ jerky fans as well if they want to try an individual bag if buying a case is not an option.

Thanks for reading my story.
-EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    sounds great :D
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,117
    dwhite76 wrote:
    sounds great :D

tastes great too!
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    who doesn't like jerky>
    ill spread the word
    Thanks for the help Megatron!
    Don- your bag will be on it's way tomorrow but probably too late to get there before you leave for PJ20 :(
    bump for the weekday crew
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Do I like beef jerky? Does the Pope shit in the woods? I might have to order some. I've tried making my own using a method I saw Alton Brown use on TV, but it wasn't worth a damn.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Sounds like a winner...
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    thanks for the nice feedback and good vibes everyone!
  • dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    I want my jerky and I want it now :x

Oh yeah BUMP

:D
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,950
    personally I prefer my beef jerked!! ;)

Sorry man, just had to!!! This is awesome of this guy to do this and even more so that it has picked up steam like this. WHO knows how long our guys and gals will be over there.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    not a fan of beef jerky but the messin with sasquatch commercials are pure gold, jerry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwj9VEU7YJQ
  • DWhite76 has official "Jim's Jarhead Jerky" on him at PJ20 if anyone wants to try a piece! Make you sure you storm him, mug him, and grope him while attempting to get a sample! He will thank me later
  • No I don't like beef jerky, but I have to say your committment to your charity work is beyond commendable.

Nice work my friend. :D
  • DWhite76 has official "Jim's Jarhead Jerky" on him at PJ20 if anyone wants to try a piece! Make you sure you storm him, mug him, and grope him while attempting to get a sample! He will thank me later

Just heard from Done (DWhite76). He said he is in a world of pain from those who tackled him in the parking lot for a piece or two of the jerky (especially for that 400 pound fella who sat on him). For PJ25, I will make sure to send more bags!