Options

I don't understand the people who get offended by multiple show attenders to solo Ed.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    bronzeback wrote:
    to play devils advocate so to speak...

but would this conversation be happening if YOU didnt get ANY tickets either?

I'm just saying...its all fun until your on the outside looking in.....

It happened to me many times. Let's see......posters I got shut out of, the Vic I got shut out of. Look back and you won't see 1 post about me bitching to the people that got everything.

And any show you see more than once is exactly the same. Wether it's Pearl Jam or Ed there is no difference.

And in my opinion Ed shows are VERY RARE! Why not try to go to as many as you can. When's the next time Ed is going on tour by himself? Maybe never.
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    i go to multiple shows to take multiple different people
    milwaukee, a good friend
    chi nite 1, my daughter
    chi-nite 2, my hubby

all are huge fans, not to the degree i am, but close
    :)

and i dont bitch about shows i cant go to.
    i might sulk a little, but i dont complain
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    I am not offended by those who do, but I think it is one of those cases where it might be best to do only one. There is such a limited amount of tickets. I think that it is probally good karma to let others go as well.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    If you really want them you'll get them.

Yep...many will...from scalpers (whether its Stubnub or at the venue).

By NOT limiting show numbers for these small venues and this unique event, 10C is unwittingly going to give scalpers all kinds of opportunitys.

I got tix to my ONE show through 10Club...thanks for that.

If you're going to many or would...enjoy. But its not right. Period.
  • Options
    [quote="
    And in my opinion Ed shows are VERY RARE! Why not try to go to as many as you can. When's the next time Ed is going on tour by himself? Maybe never.[/quote"]

Exactly.... I hope Ed will be touring solo again one day and maybe 10C will have reconsidered what is truely the right thing to do for ALL fans.
  • Options
    jhinkle1114jhinkle1114 Posts: 207
    I don't blame the people at all. I do think Ten Club should have limited it to one show per member since the venues are so small, but that's on them not on the die hard fans who want to see PJ and EV as often as possible.

I also think they should have done a lottery for the tickets rather than all the refreshing frustration of trying to get through to buy so few tickets--and I'm not bitter as I got tickets to DC night 2 and only wanted to go to one show. It was just a pain.

I think most people would have preferred it if they just had to register in the week before and then they just did a lottery to award chances to buy tickets.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, DC
    2008: DC, Ed DC II
  • Options
    pateljam wrote:
    no shit what a bunch of cry babies... people need to grow the fuck up

How old are you? Just wondering....
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    And if they impose a limit people will freak out that they are trying to control us and our behaviors and how we spend our money...or some dumb crap like that.

So what
  • Options
    Dirty Tom wrote:
    The main reason to be in the 10C is basically the good tickets to EVERY show. If I had the money and time off from work to go to every single Pearl Jam/ Eddie show I WOULD!!!! I don't like people getting mad at me for seeing TOO MANY Ed shows. Sorry if you didn't get tickets but this conversation wouldn't be happening if you had tickets to more shows.

Hmmm..guess I'm in the 10C for more reasons..plus I thought/hoped it was made up largely of folks who would be really cool and have the same mentality as PJ...cheap tickets (well they were...but can't complain)...the old "Jamily" term (which was corny), anti-TM, etc. Good, largely caring lovers of PJ and Ed's music.

But like with everything its a Club made up of those who really care about themselves and others and those who don't give a damn about anyone else. And of course many in between. Life goes on and some horde...some give. Like some of the "givers" I've been lucky enough to meet from here!
  • Options
    booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    i don't think he's upset that he didn't get tickets? But rather annoyed that people would stalk a man for 2 weeks. (noobs) :) Face it.... there is a ton of wacko's(fanboys) in this PJ community!!! At Msg while in line for a poster(wristband) dudes where buttin and pushin like fucking children!!! I was 2 seconds away from sucker punching these people. :) I think following Eddie Vedder is a little excessive, but shit...if you have the loot and the time go right ahead.

Didn't try for any tickets. If he can't come see us in Philly....fuck em!! LOL :D

Have a great time everyone
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    ovechkin8 wrote:
    only a noob would see ed more than 4 times

LOL. Typical remark coming from a person 24yrs young...punks.
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Hmmm..guess I'm in the 10C for more reasons..plus I thought/hoped it was made up largely of folks who would be really cool and have the same mentality as PJ...cheap tickets (well they were...but can't complain)...the old "Jamily" term (which was corny), anti-TM, etc. Good, largely caring lovers of PJ and Ed's music.

But like with everything its a Club made up of those who really care about themselves and others and those who don't give a damn about anyone else. And of course many in between. Life goes on and some horde...some give. Like some of the "givers" I've been lucky enough to meet from here!

The funny thing is I have "extras" to every show i'm going to. And I have a list of friends who would want to go. Every Ed or Pearl Jam show i go down the list and invite friends of mine. Sorry for not being "giving" as you say but all my friends appreciate me taking them.
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    ovechkin8 wrote:
    i'm just playing around...but seriously, you guys know the deal.

i'm not gonna tell anyone what to do, but more than 3 ed shows is excessive. i'm not bitter about the 10c presale (bet your ass if this happened for a pj show i would be) because i know i'll get in and all of the venues are small, and the seats will be fine regardless.

so...ya know....relax noobs

Im confused :confused: why do you keep on calling people noobs when the noob on the board its you? Just saying....
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    i can only afford one show, if not i would be going to nj, and both nys. i am going to try for NJ tickets today we will see what happens.
    98- 9/8.9/10.9/11
    00- 8/3, 8/4, 9/1.9/2
    03- 4/28. 7/8. 7/9. 7/14
    04- 10/1
    05- 10/3
    06- 5/4!!!!, 5/12. 5/13. 5/27, 5/28, 6/1, 6/3
    08- 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/25, 6/27, 8/4
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Im confused :confused: why do you keep on calling people noobs when the noob on the board its you? Just saying....
    You've been pnwd!!!
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    You've been pnwd!!!

I must be slow today.... :o what's pnwd?
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I must be slow today.... :o what's pnwd?

It should be pwnd, and it stems from gamer speak, as in 'owned', (ie. totally beat someone, killed their monster, destroyed their ship, whatever) but people are always mis-typing it and hitting the 'p' instead of the 'o' so the word became pwnd.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    It just would have been nice for all those who wanted to enjoy the
    "initimate" and "once in a lifetime" opportunity to see a show actually
    got the chance without having to scramble and find themselves running
    out of options.
    no grudges held against people going to multiple shows, that would
    be silly but I can remember a time when this "little" community would
    think of their fellow neighbor in times of Pearl Jam.
    The community has grown, it's evolution baby and it has meant that
    the PJ word has gotten out to many.many more people. That can only
    be a good thing.

To everyone who got tickets, whether it's 1,2,3 or however many, enjoy
    the experience because who knows when it may happen again.
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    JaneNY wrote:
    It should be pwnd, and it stems from gamer speak, as in 'owned', (ie. totally beat someone, killed their monster, destroyed their ship, whatever) but people are always mis-typing it and hitting the 'p' instead of the 'o' so the word became pwnd.

Thanks for the clarification.... I still wouldn't have known even if it was correctly spelled - LOL...
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    ovechkin8 wrote:
    i see it like this:

if you are seeing 4 or more ed shows you either:

are a fucking fanboy/girl with no mind of your own
    have too much time on your hands
    got too big of a tax rebate and don't know what to do with it

i can totally understand seeing pearl jam 20 times on a tour(i just did 9 on the last one and would still love a few more)....but ed solo more than 3 times is a little insane in my humble opinion.

I was with you till the last paragraph where you admitted seeing Pearl Jam 9 fucking times this tour. Wow, talk about being an insane fanboy without a mind of their own who has way too much time to devote and money to spend on some rock band :)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    ovechkin8ovechkin8 Posts: 491
    The Champ wrote:
    I was with you till the last paragraph where you admitted seeing Pearl Jam 9 fucking times this tour. Wow, talk about being an insane fanboy without a mind of their own who has way too much time to devote and money to spend on some rock band :)..

very hard to make me smile within 10 minutes of walking into work. thank you, sir.
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    ovechkin8 wrote:
    very hard to make me smile within 10 minutes of walking into work. thank you, sir.

Have a great day and weekend, fanboy ;)..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    ovechkin8ovechkin8 Posts: 491
    i'm wearing pearl jam underwear
  • Options
    whats not to understand, it pretty simple, there are people on this measage pit who are whacked, they use the band, and this board to act out their inner child and sometimes it involves foolish thoughts.

I think its great to get out there and enjoy as many shows as you can, thats what they are there for, and this is 1 of the many things america is good for.
    Freedom to do what you want.
    I just dont get it we all love the band, we certanly cant control the concert bussiness and who buys tickets, but becasue the ten club allows us a chance to get good seats early, and they give us this measage board free to comunicate with eachother and be honest, in retrun it causes some fans to hate on eachother and put people down over region, genetic background, and honest opinion ect, exct! for no reason, other than the need to bond with people over mean stuff, because, lets face some people in here just cant comunicate about the band itself, I guess becasue its not as important as treading on fellow fans.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows