Dog lies by master's casket during funeral...

2»

Comments

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    MSnider44 wrote:
    We should just leave it alone with neilybabes86. He or she obviously has no connection with animals. He or she is also probably a Michael Vick supporter.
    well thats not fair either... just because you don't love dogs doesnt mean you wish harm on them. :?
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    drsluggo wrote:
    MSnider44 wrote:
    We should just leave it alone with neilybabes86. He or she obviously has no connection with animals. He or she is also probably a Michael Vick supporter.
    well thats not fair either... just because you don't love dogs doesnt mean you wish harm on them. :?

too funny

i don't dislike dogs.....i just think we as humans make them filthy

im sorry but i don't want a dog pissing on a fire pump next to me

and don't get me started on watching people pick up dog shit ..(that's so fucking vile)

you have a dog fine...just let it piss and shit on your own property ..not all over the streets
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    5.jpg

"His Master's Voice"

This famous logo depicted Nipper the dog responding to the sound of his dead Master's voice.
    (The dog was taken in by the man's brothers following his death.)

The logo was at first a hard sell.
    Reasons were "nobody would know what he was doing"..."dogs don't listen to phonograph players"
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    drsluggo wrote:
    MSnider44 wrote:

too funny

i don't dislike dogs.....i just think we as humans make them filthy

im sorry but i don't want a dog pissing on a fire pump next to me

and don't get me started on watching people pick up dog shit ..(that's so fucking vile)

you have a dog fine...just let it piss and shit on your own property ..not all over the streets
    By 'don't love' i dont mean dislike... I just mean if you're not a dog person that doesnt mean you hate them.

Yeah, they do piss on trees and hydrants... they're animals. I mean... do you hate rabbits, squirrels, deer, etc, etc? I've seen deer taking a dump right in the middle of people's yards out here - not to mention geese this time of the year. The geese are always in full force when it comes to leaving their mark!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,433
    people he is just trolling to get a rise out of you. don't cater to his wishes.
  • MSnider44MSnider44 Posts: 746
    He'd make a terrible caveman. Where would he poop?
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

It's actually common courtesy if you have a dog. Because if we don't, we'll have to hear from people who find dogs so "filthy" because they stepped in it... so these people are actually doing you a favor.

Is it vile to clean up after a child when he/she shits their pants?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • If a bear shits in the woods and nobody sees....is it still bear shit?

This thread got way off topic, sorry for contributing to the contrarian's cause. Good thought in posting, very sad for all family, friends and any connected to our brave defenders of freedom.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    This thread got way off topic, sorry for contributing to the contrarian's cause. Good thought in posting, very sad for all family, friends and any connected to our brave defenders of freedom.

+1
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    enough with the freaking dogs on here

their is a dead navy seal and everyone is going "aww poor dog" :roll:

how bout poor seal and family

filthy animals that piss and shit all over the streets

the whole situation is sad. but if you can't see the love in that picture, then something is wrong.

i didn't say their wasn't love..but people should be concerned with the family not the dog
    i don't think you should be telling anyone how to feel or what they should feel when they look at that picture.

people in this thread are feeling empathy for the dog. the dog lost his master. personally i don't mourn soldiers. they die doing their job, and doing what they believe was their calling in this life. they know the risks of their chosen profession. all of us should hope that we die doing what we want to do. the thread is about the dog lying near the casket because he does not want to leave his master. it is the ultimate picture of love and loyalty.

if you really want to know how i see that picture, i see a murderer, yes, seals are paid murderers, lying in a coffin with his most loyal friend lying beside him. i see grief in that dog, and i feel incredibly sorry for him. the surviving members of the family and friends have enough of a social support system and the support of an entire country. they don't need me to mourn this man along with them.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • MSnider44 wrote:
    wow, both stories are amazing and both are incredibly sad. i feel terrible right now.

this is very embarrassing and hard for me to admit, but about 8 months ago i was at my lowest point in my life and was suffering from a terrible depression and at times had contemplated a quick and easy way out of my situation... but every time i thought about it and thought about what i would say in my goodbye letter i looked at my dog and knowing what that would have done to him was enough to get me to seek help. he was my salvation at that point. i am recovered from all of that now, but my god, dogs are amazing animals...

No need to be embarrassed about that. We all have and go through difficult times. Thankfully you got through it, and thankfully your best friend (and you, his) got through it....
    thank you for the kind words. i am recovered now and as i type this my dog is climbing all over me because he wants outside lol...looking back i can't see how i ever got to that point...

this thread just hit me really hard because that could very well have been my dog lying by my casket...
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    That picture says it all. That dog is doing what everyone else wants to do. Be beside their loved one. Due to etiquette they can't. That's unconditional loyalty at it's best. I am so sorry for his human loved ones. Much respect, love and light to all of them. :(
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    mfc2006 wrote:

the whole situation is sad. but if you can't see the love in that picture, then something is wrong.

i didn't say their wasn't love..but people should be concerned with the family not the dog
    i don't think you should be telling anyone how to feel or what they should feel when they look at that picture.

people in this thread are feeling empathy for the dog. the dog lost his master. personally i don't mourn soldiers. they die doing their job, and doing what they believe was their calling in this life. they know the risks of their chosen profession. all of us should hope that we die doing what we want to do. the thread is about the dog lying near the casket because he does not want to leave his master. it is the ultimate picture of love and loyalty.

if you really want to know how i see that picture, i see a murderer, yes, seals are paid murderers, lying in a coffin with his most loyal friend lying beside him. i see grief in that dog, and i feel incredibly sorry for him. the surviving members of the family and friends have enough of a social support system and the support of an entire country. they don't need me to mourn this man along with them.

wow...you need to wake up
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

• if you really want to know how i see that picture, i see a murderer, yes, seals are paid murderers, lying in a coffin with his most loyal friend lying beside him. i see grief in that dog, and i feel incredibly sorry for him. the surviving members of the family and friends have enough of a social support system and the support of an entire country. they don't need me to mourn this man along with them.

Wow. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I disagree re:murderer. Call the Government murderers and I understand more of where you are coming from. (Might still disagree but that is what our country is about...freedom to do so.) I think the people doing the fighting at the behest and direction of our elected officials as citizens of the United States of America are not murderers. Saying that you do not mourn the death of soldiers is sad to me. I am far from a 'kumbaya' or 'everyone get along' person but I am sad any time a young person passes. Life is so amazing and they miss out.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    302832_2311446023828_1179705859_2890606_5510920_n.jpg

What fortunate love and loyalty they shared ... this uplifting amid the terrible loss

Dogs what a gift they are
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,572
    MSnider44 wrote:

that is so sad.
    www.myspace.com
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399

:roll: :roll: :roll:

PearlJam.com, where even a thread about a dog can become a political debate.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,013
    Personal attacks, and derailing topic integrity are not ok. See the Posting Guidelines...

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=91525
This discussion has been closed.