Options

Rodger Daltrey...

Comments

• Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    alive25 wrote:
    he's losin it. i know hes like 112 years old but last night we didnt see the same Rodger Daltrey we all know and love. I hate to say it but i think its time the who call it a day. ok now let me have it.
    I say not even close to time to call it a day. He's fucking old but still has it. Sure, he was a little off last night but an overall good performance. He struggled a bit with Baba but I thought he did pretty well with Who Are You, which is one of my favorite songs to hear them play live...it's such a rocker...love the verses.
  • Options
    yeah, starting a thread like this is the equivalent of taking a shit on the street in front of your home...show some respect.

tell me that nobody here wouldn't wash Roger's nutsack with a warm wet rag if he asked.

i would only wash his nutsack with a cold rag to show him his singing isn't as good as it used to be.
    I like bands.
  • Options
    Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
    i would only wash his nutsack with a cold rag to show him his singing isn't as good as it used to be.

you cold hearted wanker;)

that's bad
    the Minions
  • Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175

Like you could have done better in his prime? You could do better than he could now?

Give it up man..
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    wait dont tell me
    Roger swung his microphone around and around
    very old that. makes him look stupid. wish he would stop.
    the music on the other hand is great
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    Slip Kid wrote:
    Like you could have done better in his prime? You could do better than he could now?

Give it up man..

I did kareokee once and people clapped. So yes, I can do better.
    I like bands.
  • Options
    I did kareokee once and people clapped. So yes, I can do better.

Well do it then... Cover a Who song and post it on youtube
  • Options
    Slip Kid wrote:
    Well do it then... Cover a Who song and post it on youtube

Too much work. Just take my word for it. I'm sort of awesome.
    I like bands.
  • Options
    Too much work. Just take my word for it. I'm sort of awesome.

Riiight
  • Options
    Slip Kid wrote:
    Riiight

I'm telling you, I'm a legend. You don't have to believe me, I've got mad skillz. I'm not posting on you tube to prove myself to some dude on a message board. I've got more important things to do, like chicks.
    I like bands.
  • Options
    I'm telling you, I'm a legend. You don't have to believe me, I've got mad skillz. I'm not posting on you tube to prove myself to some dude on a message board. I've got more important things to do, like chicks.

hahaha.. that's true. I'm gonna have to agree
  • Options
    Ian_LIan_L Posts: 101

Eddie, get your butt out of that chair and back into the recording studio.
  • Options
    linzpjamlinzpjam Posts: 36
    I saw the WHO (or what's left of them) last time they came through town - sometime in the past 12 months. They rocked!! Roger sounded waaay better than he did at the VH1 show. I think it was an off night is all...
    Anyway, he's been singing and screaming like a rock god for so many years, wouldn't you expect his voice to show some wear and tear?
  • Options
    Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    yeah, starting a thread like this is the equivalent of taking a shit on the street in front of your home...show some respect.

tell me that nobody here wouldn't wash Roger's nutsack with a warm wet rag if he asked.

I wouldn´t. I don´t give a rats ass ´bout The Who.
    They´ve got a handful of nice songs but so do many other bands their age.
    Big deal.
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • Options
    pjsycopjsyco Wilmington, NC Posts: 642
    Taft wrote:
    How about bashing him for starting this thread in the PEARL JAM forum and not the Other Music forum?

Did alive25 think he came up with such an awesome topic that it didn't matter where he posted? Lame.

you got beat up a lot as a kid, didn't you? it seems every time someone puts a thread in the wrong forum, you're there to tattletale
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    they will always be the who no matter how old or who is in the band... enough said get over it.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    im a singer in a band and im only 27. believe me when you sing on a regular basis you are will find out quick you are gonna have off days. there are times there is no note i cant hit and play solid for three hours then days its all i can do to sing any thing. any time i have a cold or there is too much pollen in the air. or i may feel great even when my voice doesnt. its just part of it. matter of fact i felt like eddie must have at soldier field in 95 the last time we played. not the best ive sounded just like that wasnt the best of nights for him either. so i know how the being ''off'' feels. just part of singing.
  • Options
    whichwaysignwhichwaysign Posts: 229
    not time to hang it up, I mean it's still better than Aerosmith, but the last few times I've seen them, Roger can't even get the microphone twirl down
    it's one thing to not hit notes, it's another to miss them because you've dropped the mic

For my money, I'll take Pete solo over the so-called 'Who'
    No Ox, No Moon, = No Who
    'I'm like an opening band for the sun'
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    alive25 wrote:
    he's losin it. i know hes like 112 years old but last night we didnt see the same Rodger Daltrey we all know and love. I hate to say it but i think its time the who call it a day. ok now let me have it.

He is 56, I think. He was certainly out of breath, but I love him anyway. I think it's great that a band continue to play until people are willing to go see them. The Who are my 8 year old son's favorite band, and I look forward to taking him to a show soon :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    heartdesireheartdesire Posts: 430
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Daltrey

He is 64. Give the dude a break. He's done more than most and is still passionate about what he does. Amazes me some of the comments. Ya'll are gonna get old whether ya like it or not, part of life. The question is will ya wither or keep a young spirit/attitude? Time will tell ...
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    linzpjam wrote:
    I saw the WHO (or what's left of them) last time they came through town - sometime in the past 12 months. They rocked!! Roger sounded waaay better than he did at the VH1 show. I think it was an off night is all...
    Anyway, he's been singing and screaming like a rock god for so many years, wouldn't you expect his voice to show some wear and tear?
    I already said this earlier. Roger posted on thewho.com that he wasn't feeling well that night. What was he supposed to do, cancel for the night that The Who was being honored? He sounded great on Wednesday at the Rock Band gig. Yeah, his voice isn't what it was and if Eddie keeps smoking his isn't going to sound too good in a few years either. Then everybody will be coming here bitching about if PJ should hang it up. Who fans do this constantly when the band is touring.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    I love the flaming lips but they blow live. Roger did sound like ass. I heard he and pete aren't speaking at all any more.
    You heard wrong. It's the usual tabloid trash that comes out when bands with a history (like Van Halen) start touring.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    heartdesireheartdesire Posts: 430
    You heard wrong. It's the usual tabloid trash that comes out when bands with a history (like Van Halen) start touring.

So true! Tabloid garbage, start a rouse out of nothing and people chomp on it like it was the living truth. I have a bridge to sell in Brooklyn if anyone is interested. ; >

Flaming Lips are wacked, in a good sense! I saw them at Lolla 06' and they were great! Every band has their day ... some shows are off and others are so on it is unbelievable. Life, can't please everyone.
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    I saw the Who at the Bowl in 2006 and the other night at the VH1 Rock Honors and I will have to agree the Who were really good, but definitely not spectacular (I would've killed to have seen them in 1976 with the full lineup.) After PJ played their set at VH1, I was shaking my head in disbelief (on how good they were). When, the Who finished, I clapped and was happy, but not blown away. Obviously, Roger and Pete are no longer 35 years old and matching PJ's performance would be an impossibility (did the show represent an official passing of the torch?) Regarding the VH1 show, I actually thought their last song ("Tea and Theatre") was their best performance. It's a newer song (Roger probably isn't sick of playing it like "My Generation") and his older voice seemed to fit it very well and you could tell the song particularly really meant something to him. I think it's awesome they are touring at 64 years old and I'm thankful to have been able to hear them live twice, but I'm not sure how much longer the Who can continue. I can maybe see Roger doing something completely different like what Robert Plant is doing with Allison Krauss (like it or not, it's what Robert wants to do...from what I heard (correct me if I'm wrong), even to the point of turning down a Led Zep reunion to tour with her.)
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    alive25alive25 Posts: 124
    i think some of you are taking what i say about the who the wrong way. i love the who as much as anyone. and i love when bands go as long as they can. but rogers voice is just not good anymore. its ALMOST hard to listen too. i support him for keepin on trying but yeah
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    That's right...he's an actor...cannot believe that I actually went to see "McVicar" twice in the theatre...and I can't tell you how many times I saw "The Legacy (of Maggie Walsh)"...gosh..I even had a McVicar poster on my wall...and still have the soundtrack, along with most of his other solo albums..."Best Bits" was my favourite...and "Free Me" from McVicar is one of his better vocal performances, imo...

PS. Ed probably smokes to keep his tone - he knows what he's doing...vocal coach, physicians, nutritionists...he employs a lot of people with that voice.
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    mohomoho Posts: 540

they are and always will be the

MOTHERFUCKING WHO!

weeeelll.... 1/2 of The Who might be closer to the truth
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    moho wrote:
    weeeelll.... 1/2 of The Who might be closer to the truth

I think their next album should be called "Who's Left?" ;)
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    shut up everybody.......yes they are old!

gah come off it.

they are and always will be the

MOTHERFUCKING WHO!

sit on it.

what he said.

I hope Roger hits you with his mic
    San Diego, July 07, 2006
    Los Angeles, July 10, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit, October 21, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit, October 22, 2006
    Lollapalooza, August 5th, 2007
    eV., Los Angeles April 12, 2008