What was the most embarrassing moment in your life?

2»

Comments

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    edited August 2011
    when i was 14 i called the police on a florist delivery guy who was delivering flowers from a family member for my mom's b-day.

the guy rolled up in a ghetto unmarked van, pulled straight into my drive way, and he looked like he was an ex-convict. so i assumed he is showing up to rob my house. i panicked and called the police, they came quicker than you can blink and the poor guy was just dropping flowers off. :lol:
  • Claireack wrote:
    I was on a date with someone, she had a few extra pounds on her. We were going to watch a comedy show and the girl at the counter asked her "how far along are you". I about died.

I think I might be able to top that one. I once bumped into a girl I knew at school and. I knew she hadn't been married that long, I went over, congratulated her, patted her tummy and asked when she was due. Her reply was 'it's just fat'.

I'm sure I've told that one somewhere on here before, or maybe it's the recurring nightmares that I've had :|
    Hee hee Don't you just want to crawl in a hole in those moments?? My Cousin Tina did this to her best friend at her own wedding.. and I wish I had the pics still, but her face is as red as her hair as she walked down the aisle after asking her friend that.. Needless to say she caught shit all day over it from the rest of the family..And her friend STILL tells my cousin that it's just a few extra pounds in her belly every time they get together..
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    rival. wrote:
    when i was 14 i called the police on a florist delivery guy who was delivering flowers from a family member for my mom's b-day.

the guy rolled up in a ghetto unmarked van, pulled straight into my drive way, and he looked like he was an ex-convict. so i assumed he is showing up to rob my house. i panicked and called the police, they came quicker than you can blink and the poor guy was just dropping flowers of. :lol:

Let me guess...you had just watched HOME ALONE... :lol:

At least you were being cautious! :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • I've had a few, but one that springs to mind was back in high school. I was out with friends on a Saturday night in SF, my friend had her parents' station wagon (wood paneled, which we sprayed with black primer and added some badass flames). Well we picked up some other folks as well as a giant pitbull that sat in the back with them.

At about 3am the car got stuck on an island in the deadend of a street (long story lol). I held the dog on the leash while the guys tried moving the car off the island. The dog decided to bolt down the street, dragging my ass behind him about a block.

Was hard to look all that cute after that :lol:
    Gotta love a pit bull for that!!! They are crazy cool dogs, but SUPER strong, and VERY quick..kinda hard to stop them once they get going..
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I can't really remember any except for one which was pretty nasty.

Drank too much, ate a big piece of pizza, took a bus home, there were no stops and I got sick. I didn't want to throw up on the bus so I took off my Montreal Canadiens hat... When I got off the bus I was holding the hat full when a couple guys I knew saw it and said, "eww! Dracula!" And then they ran away.
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    I've had a few, but one that springs to mind was back in high school. I was out with friends on a Saturday night in SF, my friend had her parents' station wagon (wood paneled, which we sprayed with black primer and added some badass flames). Well we picked up some other folks as well as a giant pitbull that sat in the back with them.

At about 3am the car got stuck on an island in the deadend of a street (long story lol). I held the dog on the leash while the guys tried moving the car off the island. The dog decided to bolt down the street, dragging my ass behind him about a block.

Was hard to look all that cute after that :lol:
    Gotta love a pit bull for that!!! They are crazy cool dogs, but SUPER strong, and VERY quick..kinda hard to stop them once they get going..
    Yeah this dog was TALL, came up to damn near my waist, could put his paws on my shoudlers if he wanted :shock: I kept upright for a few feet but then spent some quality time with the pavement for a few more feet after that lol
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Not the most embarrassing moment ever but pretty bad:

I was changing in my room and my sister's friend walks in on me.......... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
    I'll just say it was a very hard moment for me...... :lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Gibson72Gibson72 Posts: 1,245
    Most recently, I was jogging and was coming up to a busy intersection. This cute girl was running towards me. I was too busy looking at her so I tripped over the curb. All the cars at the corner saw me and a car full of girls laughed so loud I could hear them.
    Gibson1972
    thefixer9 wrote:

I was changing in my room and my sister's friend walks in on me.......... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Changing...ya...right.... :lol: :P
    edited August 2011
    Gibson72 wrote:
    Most recently, I was jogging and was coming up to a busy intersection. This cute girl was running towards me. I was too busy looking at her so I tripped over the curb. All the cars at the corner saw me and a car full of girls laughed so loud I could hear them.

I am sorry for laughing...here...at...home...*snicker*

I shouldn't though...I fell down a flight of stairs a few minutes after I arrived at bar once...my heel got caught in my pant hem... :oops:

I did end up staying down and laughing until I cried... :lol::lol:
    Post edited by ShimmyMommy on
    thefixer9 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Claireack wrote:
    I was on a date with someone, she had a few extra pounds on her. We were going to watch a comedy show and the girl at the counter asked her "how far along are you". I about died.

I think I might be able to top that one. I once bumped into a girl I knew at school and. I knew she hadn't been married that long, I went over, congratulated her, patted her tummy and asked when she was due. Her reply was 'it's just fat'.

I'm sure I've told that one somewhere on here before, or maybe it's the recurring nightmares that I've had :|

That is pretty bad. After that happen I was pretty low-key for the rest of the night. We never talked after that night.
    I'll be back
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    thefixer9 wrote:

you didn't just get out of the pool did you?
    conman wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:

you didn't just get out of the pool did you?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

;)
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    thefixer9 wrote:

was she hot? that might have made it awkward
    PLAY THE SOUTH
    EZ1221C wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:

Hard to say cause she is younger then me..... :?
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    thefixer9 wrote:
    EZ1221C wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:

oh well thats unfortunate. I always thought you had an older sister.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    thefixer9 wrote:
    EZ1221C wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cUNNKzj_Nc
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    Very funny Dave.... :lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

It would have made my situation a whole lot worse is she was older and hot... :lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

thefixer9 wrote:
    Very funny Dave.... :lol:
    8-) :P
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    I have one story that is more embarrassing than this, but I'm sorry, I refuse to share it here... so I'll share this one instead.

Just recently I was on a recreational basketball league. I was on a team with some guy who would never voluntarily sit out, and hardly ever passed the ball, albeit he was pretty efficient and accurate on his shooting, it was still annoying not to get involved by your PG. Anyway, my brother was on the team as well... and for a few weeks prior, the team got increasingly more discontent with the actions of the PG.

I send my brother a text message after a game we win. I had a horrible game and was frustrated at myself though and found an easy outlet, so I attribute that to my childish actions...

Text reads:

"Hey, so next week I'm going to pull PG aside and mention to him that maybe he should sit out once in a while and let other people get involved in the game. If I wanted to pay to watch someone play basketball I'd go to a fucking NBA game."

Accidentally sent it to the PG.

What jackass sends the shit talking on someone directly to the person being talked about? THIS jackass, right here. :roll:

Needless to say, the next meeting was pretty embarassing and I had to bite my tongue and apologize... but I chose to do it in a way that didn't retract the way I felt.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    don't have one
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • thefixer9 wrote:

I WAS IN THE POOL!!!!!
    Sorry couldn't resist the Seinfeld moment!!
  • When I was at school (about 12 years ago) I was playing in a wee band through our music class and we played a couple of songs at the Summer concert...everything was fine, the guitars were in tune but some little shit had messed with the tuning on my guitar before we went on stage so when we went on to play in front of the entire school it sounded bloody awful and I really wanted to cry there and then! After a few painfully long minutes of tuning it again we played anyway but I was soooo humiliated and I've never played my guitar in front of anyone else since...not even in front of my other half. :(
    PJ Manchester MEN - 20.06.12
    PJ Manchester MEN - 21.06.12
    EV Manchester O2 Apollo - 28.07.12
    PJ Leeds Arena - 08.07.14