What was the most embarrassing moment in your life?

CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
In 7th grade I played for the school basketball team.. I shot and scored on the wrong basket.. The gym erupted in laughter :cry:

What is yours?
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    anytime i had too step into the shower with other men around... :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    anytime i had too step into the shower with other men around... :lol:
    I meant embarrassing for you, not them ;) Gotta be nice to PJ fans :lol:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    my sister beat me at arm wrestling when i was 17 :oops:

i was stoned at the time
    conman wrote:

i was stoned at the time
    Oh boy.. thats bad :lol:
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    so many i can't think of one. the other day i walked around the office not knowing i ripped a hole in my pants..and boxers. huge snag. my ass was out for a few hours til the boss questioned me
    conman wrote:

i was stoned at the time
    in my defense, she's 9 years older than me and she's been known for beating up guys that fuck with our other sisters. there are plenty of stories...

she kicked my ass up and down the house when i was a kid

i've been forced into her position as "protector of the family" ...... she taught me well.
    conman wrote:
    conman wrote:

i was stoned at the time
    in my defense, she's 9 years older than me and she's been known for beating up guys that fuck with our other sisters. there are plenty of stories...

she kicked my ass up and down the house when i was a kid

i've been forced into her position as "protector of the family" ...... she taught me well.
    And protector of our great nation.. whats the day count at?
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    conman wrote:

i was stoned at the time

You're in the military right? What's keeping this info confidential worth to you? :D
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    conman wrote:

i was stoned at the time

My younger brother beat me as well, and I'm 9 inches taller than him. I think that's why he beat me, his arm was straight and mine was at a 45 degree angle, no leverage. Plus he was a gym rat.
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I used to live out in the countryside and used to travel 3 miles to the nearest train station on my motorbike to catch the train to the nearest city to get to college.

One beautiful summers day I was sick of wearing jeans all day because of the bike bit so I put on a long floaty skirt and so I didn't crash tucked the skirt up into my knickers. Got to the station parked my bike, untucked the skirt, got on the train, walked accross the station, walked accross the city, arrived at college and decided to go to the toilet.

When I went to hitch up my skirt I discovered that when I had untucked my skirt I had missed a large section to the rear.
    Actually; thats prob not the most embarrassing - just one of many :)
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    edited November 2011
    Post edited by pinkbutterfly on
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
    And protector of our great nation.. whats the day count at?
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I could write a book.

Pretty much check out any thread I've started.

Most recently, I'd have to go with the fall from the treadmill at the gym at work. But there have been so many others to choose from... :|
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    megatron wrote:
    so many i can't think of one. the other day i walked around the office not knowing i ripped a hole in my pants..and boxers. huge snag. my ass was out for a few hours til the boss questioned me
    :lol:
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I was on a date with someone, she had a few extra pounds on her. We were going to watch a comedy show and the girl at the counter asked her "how far along are you". I about died.
    I'll be back
    I was on a date with someone, she had a few extra pounds on her. We were going to watch a comedy show and the girl at the counter asked her "how far along are you". I about died.
    omg. One question that should NEVER be asked unless you know for sure. :?
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    This wasn't the most embarassing...but it is the most recent...

It was during our trip to the grocery store a couple days ago...

I was in the chip aisle deciding which ones I wanted. While I was looking, I started talking to my husband, "Did you like these ones when we had them befo..."

At that moment I turned to look right at my husband...and there was a woman next to me with her cart... :oops:

(My husband had stopped to answer a text and was at the start of the aisle...)

Sooo...mortified...I said, "I'm sorry, I thought you were my husband." And preceeded to leave...but then...

I stopped and said to her, "Not that you look like a guy or anything! I am sorry for the mix up."

Then I bolted back to my husband...who was standing there laughing his ass off at me... :lol::lol::lol:

I can be such a spaz at times... :oops: :lol:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,824
    EmBleve wrote:
    omg. One question that should NEVER be asked unless you know for sure. :?

Oh man, that is brutal. That's one thing my Dad always told me...NEVER assume a woman is pregnant.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Puked my brians out in the bleachers at Yankee Staduim, three of my friends cared my out in that drunkin sailor pose, there was a row of off duty cops behind us who sang "Say hey hey Good bye, na na na"

Same thing happened to me at the company Christmas party that year, no singing this time.

Since then i've learned how to drink.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    seriously? my life is one long embarrassing moment...to narrow it down would be pointless
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    I don't know that it was the most embarrassing, but definitely one that haunts me to this very day. I was an office manager, training a new employee on the switchboard, when this guy walks through the front door. He looked like he had just rolled out of bed and that he hadn't bathed in quite some time. I thought it was someone coming in for an interview. So, I said something to the lady I was training, like "look at this clown". When, she turned to me and said "Lauri, I'd like you to meet my brother". OMG! I wanted to just curl up and die. I was so embarrassed. I felt *so* bad. It was so wrong of me to say that ~ It definitely taught me a lesson.

oh damn............very cringeworthy.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Oh I’d have to go with the time I leaned against a chain link fence only to realize the door was not secured and it dragged me through the parking lot.

Yeah not one of my best moments. :D
  • This was posted in the "places you've been kicked out of" thread, but it is definately one of my most embarrassing moments.. I was like oh 12.. my Step-Grandfather had died, and my Uncle was the attending Pastor over the ceremony..and we had just started to pray to close the ceremony.. and I had to fart.. well it was one of those "Lying" farts, that persuaded me to believe it would be silent, but turned out to be this ass slapping, pew-clapping fart.. It was sooooooo loud that my uncle Carl stopped mid prayer and asked who had done that.. ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL of my cousins and siblings turned, pointed at me, and yelled "It was Tree!!!!" I was asked very curtly, to leave and my Dad looked at me with that you're so dead after this look.. NO ONE talked to me all day ( siblings and cousins) I was so embarrassed.. AND I had to spend the day listening to the adults alllllllll the rest of the day, instead of getting to play..BUT this is only ONE of my most embarrassing moments I have a shit ton..
    This was posted in the "places you've been kicked out of" thread, but it is definately one of my most embarrassing moments.. I was like oh 12.. my Step-Grandfather had died, and my Uncle was the attending Pastor over the ceremony..and we had just started to pray to close the ceremony.. and I had to fart.. well it was one of those "Lying" farts, that persuaded me to believe it would be silent, but turned out to be this ass slapping, pew-clapping fart.. It was sooooooo loud that my uncle Carl stopped mid prayer and asked who had done that.. ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL of my cousins and siblings turned, pointed at me, and yelled "It was Tree!!!!" I was asked very curtly, to leave and my Dad looked at me with that you're so dead after this look.. NO ONE talked to me all day ( siblings and cousins) I was so embarrassed.. AND I had to spend the day listening to the adults alllllllll the rest of the day, instead of getting to play..BUT this is only ONE of my most embarrassing moments I have a shit ton..
    That's funny, but this is the crazy insane part. The closest person to me is named Tree; had never heard of that before her. That kicks ass.
  • EmBleve wrote:
    This was posted in the "places you've been kicked out of" thread, but it is definately one of my most embarrassing moments.. I was like oh 12.. my Step-Grandfather had died, and my Uncle was the attending Pastor over the ceremony..and we had just started to pray to close the ceremony.. and I had to fart.. well it was one of those "Lying" farts, that persuaded me to believe it would be silent, but turned out to be this ass slapping, pew-clapping fart.. It was sooooooo loud that my uncle Carl stopped mid prayer and asked who had done that.. ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL of my cousins and siblings turned, pointed at me, and yelled "It was Tree!!!!" I was asked very curtly, to leave and my Dad looked at me with that you're so dead after this look.. NO ONE talked to me all day ( siblings and cousins) I was so embarrassed.. AND I had to spend the day listening to the adults alllllllll the rest of the day, instead of getting to play..BUT this is only ONE of my most embarrassing moments I have a shit ton..
    That's funny, but this is the crazy insane part. The closest person to me is named Tree; had never heard of that before her. That kicks ass.
    It's a nick-name.. short for Theresa.. but Iv'e been "Tree" ever since I can remember..My PJ Membership is posted as Tree; my family thinks that's cute..And seeings how I'm pretty much a modern day Hippie, it fits.. :D
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282

:lol:

One of my most embarrassing moments was in high school. I was half awake in between classes. Went to walk downstairs, missed a step and rolled all the way down...more like bounced all the way down. My backpack, somehow, was open and all of my books, notebooks, etc went flying everywhere. The stairs were packed with people including 5 cheerleader types...one of which I had a HUGE thing for. Everyone laughed and walked away.

In college, I signed up for some dumb/worthless art history class (some bullshit humanity class that had nothing to do with my major). Prior to this class I had an advanced molecular genetics lab on the other side of campus. I ended up missing the first 4 art history classes because my lab was running long....not that i really cared. Anyways, a couple weeks in, I was going to go to my art history class for the first time. I was running late. Had like 10 mins between classes and it took a good 15 mins to get across campus. I get to the art building, couldn't remember what the room number was for the class...I thought I remembered, then proceeded to walk in on a class where they were drawing a naked chick. Not only was it the wrong classroom, but it was a door the opened to the front of the classroom. I was standing right next to this chick with like 50 people looking at me. I go "oops, sorry, wrong room" turn to walk out but the door locked somehow. People were snickering and I had to walk to the back of the room to get outta there! :oops:
    EmBleve wrote:
    It's a nick-name.. short for Theresa.. but Iv'e been "Tree" ever since I can remember..My PJ Membership is posted as Tree; my family thinks that's cute..And seeings how I'm pretty much a modern day Hippie, it fits.. :D
    It IS cute! I love it. My friend's not a modern day hippie, but I am, so maybe that's one reason I love it. :lol: Her middle name is Tyree, and her dad started calling her Tree when she was like 2 days old, and it stuck. Very cool.

I think I might be able to top that one. I once bumped into a girl I knew at school and. I knew she hadn't been married that long, I went over, congratulated her, patted her tummy and asked when she was due. Her reply was 'it's just fat'.

I'm sure I've told that one somewhere on here before, or maybe it's the recurring nightmares that I've had :|
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    I've had a few, but one that springs to mind was back in high school. I was out with friends on a Saturday night in SF, my friend had her parents' station wagon (wood paneled, which we sprayed with black primer and added some badass flames). Well we picked up some other folks as well as a giant pitbull that sat in the back with them.

At about 3am the car got stuck on an island in the deadend of a street (long story lol). I held the dog on the leash while the guys tried moving the car off the island. The dog decided to bolt down the street, dragging my ass behind him about a block.

Was hard to look all that cute after that :lol: