Jimi Hendrix - ARE YOU EXPERIENCED

2»

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Another album that can go into this is John Lennon's "Plastic Ono Band" album.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    "The Ramones" deserves a mention.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,881
    few "modern" notables for me:

The Strokes- Is This It
    Arctic Monkeys- Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
    The Killers- Hot Fuss
    Franz Ferdinand- Franz Ferdinand
    Arcade Fire- Funeral

also agree with GNR, PJ, & Zeppelin

oh yeah can't forget :
    Beastie Boys- License To Ill
    STP- Core
    U2- Boy
    Oasis- Definetly Maybe
    Eminem- Slim Shady LP
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446

The Strokes- Is This It
    The Killers- Hot Fuss
    Arcade Fire- Funeral

oh yeah can't forget :
    STP- Core
    U2- Boy
    Oasis- Definetly Maybe
    Eminem- Slim Shady LP

How the hell did I forget 'Funeral'.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V

The Strokes- Is This It
    The Killers- Hot Fuss
    Arcade Fire- Funeral

oh yeah can't forget :
    STP- Core
    U2- Boy
    Oasis- Definetly Maybe
    Eminem- Slim Shady LP
    Actually, "Slim Shady LP" is not his first album. It's his debut for a major label. I always thought it was his first until I saw this on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_(Eminem_album)
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    "The Ramones" deserves a mention.
    Good call on that one.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    The answer to your question is yes.

I have a mint condition, 1967 Track records original of the UK vinyl pressing. Gives me trouser swellage every time I look at it. I don't play it: I play my Polydor mid- seventies vinyl copy (a 'twofer' with Axis: Bold as Love) instead.
    Nice! Your UK version reminds me that Jimi was the first artist signed to The Who's Track Records.

We have 2 67 US versions but we're old timers who bought ours in 67. :lol:
    As a debut album, it's killer. I have a real weakness for Electric Ladyland though and listen to it more often.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    The answer to your question is yes.

I have a mint condition, 1967 Track records original of the UK vinyl pressing. Gives me trouser swellage every time I look at it. I don't play it: I play my Polydor mid- seventies vinyl copy (a 'twofer' with Axis: Bold as Love) instead.
    Nice! Your UK version reminds me that Jimi was the first artist signed to The Who's Track Records.

We have 2 67 US versions but we're old timers who bought ours in 67. :lol:
    As a debut album, it's killer. I have a real weakness for Electric Ladyland though and listen to it more often.
    Electric Ladyland is his masterpiece.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,786
    Purple Hay, can you dig it?

No description available

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 9,159
    Yaaahgghh^
    I recall a camping 'trip' where the sky gave me a peak at that purple fuzzy stuff. 

Must have been something I ate.

Inspired me to bust out some Jimi.

Scored 2 are you experienced. One is beat up, must be ogish, sounds better than the newer looking one and I wasn't even going to buy it. Glad I dropped the 49 cents.

Whaaaatttever
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,786
    Loujoe said:
    Yaaahgghh^
    I recall a camping 'trip' where the sky gave me a peak at that purple fuzzy stuff. 

Must have been something I ate.

Inspired me to bust out some Jimi.

Scored 2 are you experienced. One is beat up, must be ogish, sounds better than the newer looking one and I wasn't even going to buy it. Glad I dropped the 49 cents.

Whaaaatttever

Camping "trip"!  I love it!

When I was in middle and high school, I never had enough money to buy more than the occasional 7" 45rpm single.  But then one day I found a five dollar bill on the railroad tracks and went over to Mayfield Mall and made my first purchase on my own of two LPs- Jimi's Are You Experienced and Cream's Fresh Cream.  Not a bad start to a record collection!  Also not a bad way to blow my young mind wide open.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.