CONAN Ratings Down

2»

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    craig...yes sir, thank you

i've never been able to get into fallon.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Leno has never been funny.
    Dave was but doesn't seem to care anymore.
    Fallon is miserable.
    Furguson is ok.

I LOVED Conan when he was on Late Night. Every night was great! The difference between Conan -Late Night and Conan -Tonight Show and Conan is that he's lost all "edge".
    What made Late Night so good was you never knew what he'd say, and they'd always "push the envelope" with skits, characters, and overall humor.
    His show now is okay, but it's stale compared to what he used to do on Late Night. Now, if you've seen one show, you might as well tune out the rest of the week. You get the SAME skits, the same bits, the same jokes each night. I don't mind Andy but sometimes he needs to be reminded that he is in fact a side kick.
    I truly believe it all comes down to writing. The writing now is so stale and lame...I sometimes think he's got Leno writers working for him. I think he needs to bring in some fresh talent in the writing department!

Again, I love Conan, but 9 times out of ten, I'm watching the Daily Show at the same time. The Daily Show is constantly funny, it's edgy, and the writing in infinitely better than Conan.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,572
    mca47 wrote:
    Leno has never been funny.
    Dave was but doesn't seem to care anymore.
    Fallon is miserable.
    Furguson is ok.

I LOVED Conan when he was on Late Night. Every night was great! The difference between Conan -Late Night and Conan -Tonight Show and Conan is that he's lost all "edge".
    What made Late Night so good was you never knew what he'd say, and they'd always "push the envelope" with skits, characters, and overall humor.
    His show now is okay, but it's stale compared to what he used to do on Late Night. Now, if you've seen one show, you might as well tune out the rest of the week. You get the SAME skits, the same bits, the same jokes each night. I don't mind Andy but sometimes he needs to be reminded that he is in fact a side kick.
    I truly believe it all comes down to writing. The writing now is so stale and lame...I sometimes think he's got Leno writers working for him. I think he needs to bring in some fresh talent in the writing department!

Again, I love Conan, but 9 times out of ten, I'm watching the Daily Show at the same time. The Daily Show is constantly funny, it's edgy, and the writing in infinitely better than Conan.

all good points. he should have stayed in ny too.
    www.myspace.com
    Late Night with Conan: Pimp Bot, the Masturbating Bear, Triumph
    Conan: Name that tune.

Nuff said.

I know NBC owns those characters, but my point is...this kind of comedy...which was HILARIOUS...was also fresh, and edgy. Name that tune is horrible, and for whatever reason it seems to occur multiple times per week.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I miss The Stanley Cup guy with all the pudding in the bowl.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    mca47 wrote:
    Late Night with Conan: Pimp Bot, the Masturbating Bear, Triumph
    Conan: Name that tune.

Nuff said.

I know NBC owns those characters, but my point is...this kind of comedy...which was HILARIOUS...was also fresh, and edgy. Name that tune is horrible, and for whatever reason it seems to occur multiple times per week.
    Yeah I'd agree with this 100%... I also think Andy sucks on this show. He was funnier back in the old days - I dont know what it is, but he just doesnt seem to fit in now. I think they'd be better off without him... just my opinion, but I just dont think Andy helps anymore.

I still watch, but its not as funny as it was on NBC... I keep hoping they'll hit a groove with new skits, etc but so far they are relying on stuff that's just not as funny. :(
    drsluggo wrote:
    Yeah I'd agree with this 100%... I also think Andy sucks on this show. He was funnier back in the old days - I dont know what it is, but he just doesnt seem to fit in now. I think they'd be better off without him... just my opinion, but I just dont think Andy helps anymore.

I still watch, but its not as funny as it was on NBC... I keep hoping they'll hit a groove with new skits, etc but so far they are relying on stuff that's just not as funny. :(

I think Andy is ok, but like I said before...he needs to be reminded sometimes that he is a "sidekick".
    I liked Andy in the early days of Late Night and was bummed when he left back in the day. I thought the show was going to suck from that point forward. Strangely enough, the post-Andy Late Night was actually much better IMO.