CONAN Ratings Down

PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
The audience for "Conan," has fallen from about 2.4 million in the show's first month on air in 2010 to roughly 958,000 people this past July, according to Nielsen Co. data.

PBM
"We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I actually read online there is a consideration of dropping the show.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Who do you blame in this instance? Admittedly, I never watched consistently when he was on NBC nor do I watch a lot now.

Is his show the same?

Is it the fault of TBS or has Conan run out of steam.

From what I've seen, TBS promotes the hell out of that show.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I'm a HUGE Conan fan, but I'd rather watch The Daily Show...which is on at the same time.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I figured it would happen. After all his ratings weren't great on The Tonight Show, once the hooplah of all the drama died down he would just be left with his core audience again, maybe even less since people like me often forget he is even on as I NEVER watch TBS. If he just talked trash about Leno all the time and got his name in the tabloids the ratings would probably go back up, as the casual viewing public would have more interest in it, but that's not Conan's style.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I watch conan every night. I feel Andy is worthless and brings the show down. I never watched tbs before conan and I don't watch any other shows on there. I think he should have kept the beard. It was symbolic in a way.
    I'll be back
    I like Andy. Sure he's not that great, but he's the sidekick, he's not supposed to be as talented as the star. I started watching "Late Night" at the very beginning, and I never really got used to it after Andy left, so when Andy came back for The Tonight Show and now Conan, it just felt right.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I guess this happens when you join a network who's daily line up is reruns.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    but but but....Conan is the greatest thing ever.

:lol::lol::lol:

i don't dislike the guy, but he's not that funny
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Conan the Barbarian - great movie, can't go see the remake, you just cannot remake a classic like that.
  • RB112589RB112589 Posts: 98
    Maybe if he brought back Sirajule and Mujibur (no clue how to spell that) it would do better. That was some funny shit!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    81 wrote:
    but but but....Conan is the greatest thing ever.

:lol::lol::lol:

i don't dislike the guy, but he's not that funny

Not funny in the least. I could watch him for 72 days straight and not crack a smile. May not even smirk.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Thought this was gonna be about Conan the Barbarion's ratings on rotten tomatoes being low ..... :?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Conan used to be kinda funny...Then he added that stupid side kick Andy Whateverhisnameis and I cringe every time the TV lands on the show. He should be able to figure out that out...I mean, who actually likes that guy anyways? He woulda been better w/ George Lopez as his side kick...and that guy sux pretty bad too, so... adios to them all :wave:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    I love Conan and this bums me out :( I hope they don't cancel his show.
    Conan used to be kinda funny...Then he added that stupid side kick Andy Whateverhisnameis and I cringe every time the TV lands on the show. He should be able to figure out that out...I mean, who actually likes that guy anyways? He woulda been better w/ George Lopez as his side kick...and that guy sux pretty bad too, so... adios to them all :wave:

You must have not watched Conan during the early years. Andy was his sidekick from the beginning of Late Night. He was on the show from '93-'00, and then left to do other stuff for awhile, then came back for The Tonight Show in '09. So it's not like Andy is some guy he JUST added, they came up together. And as I said earlier, to me it always seemed awkward when he wasn't around. I don't think he's as funny as Conan, but to me they'll always be a team.
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    hey, at least he's not this guy

Because of jokes Mr. Letterman has made about Osama bin Laden and Muhammad Ilyas Kashmiri, another Al Qaeda leader killed by a US strike in Pakistan in June, Mr. Basrawi in essence put out a contract on the host of CBS’s “Late Show.”
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
    Who was the first musical guest for conan's first tonight show.
    Does it matter
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870

Radiohead
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    81 wrote:
    Does it matter
    It's relevant. Pearl jam played got some.

Correct link

http://vimeo.com/4959895
    81 wrote:
    Does it matter
    It's relevant. Pearl jam played got some.

Correct link

http://vimeo.com/4959895

Whats the relevance?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,572
    Conan used to be kinda funny...Then he added that stupid side kick Andy Whateverhisnameis and I cringe every time the TV lands on the show. He should be able to figure out that out...I mean, who actually likes that guy anyways? He woulda been better w/ George Lopez as his side kick...and that guy sux pretty bad too, so... adios to them all :wave:

You must have not watched Conan during the early years. Andy was his sidekick from the beginning of Late Night. He was on the show from '93-'00, and then left to do other stuff for awhile, then came back for The Tonight Show in '09. So it's not like Andy is some guy he JUST added, they came up together. And as I said earlier, to me it always seemed awkward when he wasn't around. I don't think he's as funny as Conan, but to me they'll always be a team.

it's funny that satans futon thinks andy is just some random guy that was just added to the show though. :lol:

i always just forget to put tbs on. whenever i do, it just doesn't feel the same. i think conan was more funny when the show was a small time production at 12:35 in the morning. tough to explain. just has a different feel...
    www.myspace.com

it's funny that satans futon thinks andy is just some random guy that was just added to the show though. :lol:

i always just forget to put tbs on. whenever i do, it just doesn't feel the same. i think conan was more funny when the show was a small time production at 12:35 in the morning. tough to explain. just has a different feel...

Actually, SatansFuton (aka Me) was the one pointing out that Andy wasn't just some random dude brought in, and that he was Conan's partner in the early days. Take another look.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,572

Actually, SatansFuton (aka Me) was the one pointing out that Andy wasn't just some random dude brought in, and that he was Conan's partner in the early days. Take another look.

oh...well the other guy then. still funny
    www.myspace.com
  • oh...well the other guy then. still funny

yah..i had no idea....my bad...the guys still a tool tho and the show was much better without him imo.
    carry on
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I prefer Jimmy Fallon over them all...and believe he could be Leno's replacement on the tonight show...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    I prefer Jimmy Fallon over them all...and believe he could be Leno's replacement on the tonight show...

really? i don't think anybody has ever said that about Jimmy.

the guy after letterman makes me chuckle the most.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    81 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

really? i don't think anybody has ever said that about Jimmy.

the guy after letterman makes me chuckle the most.

You mean Craig Ferguson...yeah he has his moment...I like Fallon though...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon