Options

RIP 94 WYSP In Philly

2»

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,945
    the only good music station in philly right now, and has been for a long time, is 88.5 and that is not nearly a debate. i can't believe how many people still listened to wysp and mmr. once mmr did away with the tenclub at 10, i was done with them.

ipod.
    sirius.

that's all you need...when you're not getting a lil sports fix every now and then.

this. also XPN 2, but if you want good alternative philly music go to y-not radio. It was founded by Josh T. Landow (formerly of y100, my fav philly station).

http://ynotradio.net/

Also as far as 104.5 this is just an updated version of y100. Play just the hit singles and a few "alternative" new stuff like Kings Of Leon (past two albums), Arcade Fire (The Suburbs), The Black Keys (Brothers), MGMT ( Kids and Time To Pretend).

y100 was my fav station. then they went away in '04 and become a rap station. At first i was upset and pissed as were hundreds of others, but then they went online at y100rocks.com and then to xpn for a few years and not y-not radio for the past year. Now they get to play what they want and not what corporate radio tells them to play. hands down best station out there.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    For those that care they added Michael Barkann to 610's Lineup

He'll be with Ike Reese...Mike and Ike

:P
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    the only good music station in philly right now, and has been for a long time, is 88.5 and that is not nearly a debate. i can't believe how many people still listened to wysp and mmr. once mmr did away with the tenclub at 10, i was done with them.

ipod.
    sirius.

that's all you need...when you're not getting a lil sports fix every now and then.

this. also XPN 2, but if you want good alternative philly music go to y-not radio. It was founded by Josh T. Landow (formerly of y100, my fav philly station).

Also as far as 104.5 this is just an updated version of y100. Play just the hit singles and a few "alternative" new stuff like Kings Of Leon (past two albums), Arcade Fire (The Suburbs), The Black Keys (Brothers), MGMT ( Kids and Time To Pretend).

y100 was my fav station. then they went away in '04 and become a rap station. At first i was upset and pissed as were hundreds of others, but then they went online at y100rocks.com and then to xpn for a few years and not y-not radio for the past year. Now they get to play what they want and not what corporate radio tells them to play. hands down best station out there.

yeah....y100 kind of took over the alt rock mantle for dre but i thought they got a bit too mainstream towards the end. i always enjoyed that station....i followed them online for a while but lost interest...

where is y-not radio now? online?

phantom--i've always liked barkann on comcast. think that's a good move. would have liked to have seen jodi mac though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

ipod.
    sirius.

yeah....y100 kind of took over the alt rock mantle for dre but i thought they got a bit too mainstream towards the end. i always enjoyed that station....i followed them online for a while but lost interest...

phantom--i've always liked barkann on comcast. think that's a good move. would have liked to have seen jodi mac though.

Don't forget we have Y100 to thank for Preston and Steve :roll: :lol:

I like Barkann also...is Jodi Mac working anywhere ? I know he abruptly left 97.5

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,945

ipod.
    sirius.

yes y-not radio.net is online

itunes and live 365
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    I never got into WYSP, most of it seemed way too heavy for me. I did win 20 tickets to an eagles game, a party bus down and a free party at chickies before the game from WYSP while I was sitting at Liberties drinking my face off one Sunday afternoon keeping my girl company from WYSP and Orgilio Beverage.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I never got into WYSP, most of it seemed way too heavy for me. I did win 20 tickets to an eagles game, a party bus down and a free party at chickies before the game from WYSP while I was sitting at Liberties drinking my face off one Sunday afternoon keeping my girl company from WYSP and Orgilio Beverage.

Ha, Origlio Beverage. I had that account when I sold security equipment. Those guys were awesome. Every time I went there for something they gave me a free case of beer...my choice.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ha, Origlio Beverage. I had that account when I sold security equipment. Those guys were awesome. Every time I went there for something they gave me a free case of beer...my choice.

Thats awesome. Not a bad client to have. I thought someone was fucking with me, they called me a few weeks after that Sunday at Liberties and told me I won that shit. I didn't believe it for a second. Turned out to be true and a great day.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Thats awesome. Not a bad client to have. I thought someone was fucking with me, they called me a few weeks after that Sunday at Liberties and told me I won that shit. I didn't believe it for a second. Turned out to be true and a great day.

sounds like a good time.

I actually had the eagles as my account too. They were a pain in the ass, but I got to go on the field a bunch of times. Have pics standing in dawkins locker too. I hated that job though...that industry sucked ass

this kickoff rule is fucking gay
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315

Don't forget we have Y100 to thank for Preston and Steve :roll: :lol:

I like Barkann also...is Jodi Mac working anywhere ? I know he abruptly left 97.5

i used to like p/s back in the day. can't remember the last time i listened to them though.

j mac has been filling in at wip lately. i've heard him doing nights on my ride home from work a couple times.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,081
    I wonder if 101.9 will do the same if their "news" format flops. I know Boston recently rolled an FM sports talk station and one exists in San Francisco.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    j mac has been filling in at wip lately. i've heard him doing nights on my ride home from work a couple times.

Wow...that dude has 9 lives

Radio jobs are so weird

• Options

Radio jobs are so weird

Ironic that one of the few hosts that knows sports can't get a job

Love jody mac
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

Radio jobs are so weird

Love jody mac

he's always been a bit flightie that Jody Mac

Cant nail that dude down anywhere for awhile

• Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,081
    The Fixer wrote:

Radio jobs are so weird

Love jody mac

I'm with you on Jody Mac. He does some weekend stints on 1050 in New York. I remember when he was an early host on WFAN.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    I have spotted J-Mac on CSNPhilly from time to time

I liked his segment on radio "Jody Mac....do me a favor"

:lol: