Options

Other PJ fans in the vicinity...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ok...I can officially say I ran into two PJ fans at the Toronto Zoo this past Friday...I was wearing my Analog tee and two different women, on two different occasions said "I love your shirt!" They had big grins on their faces!! It's cool to know we were are kind of in a secret club...I think we should have a secret handshake too... :lol:

At least I knew there were 3 of us that were not attending PJ20 :(
    Yeah alot of people say that the shirt is cheesey.. and when I first got mine I sort of agreed.. but now whenever I see one I KNOW hey fellow TC'er.. so it's really sorta cool!!

I know right!!! We are awesome! :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    My wife, sister and our heating and cooling guy love PJ...other than that nope...as a matter of fact people at work looked at me cross eyed when I said I was going to Wisconsin for 2 nights of PJ. I relayed this story to my wife on the way back to the hotel..."I said maybe if they saw that performance of habit last night or the amazing solo of Mike on evenflow...they'd understand"...however I doubt it...they think nickelcrap, theory of a deadman, etc...are great...hehehehe...oh they also just go nuts for American Idol...and their middle aged men...hehehehe.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    My wife, sister and our heating and cooling guy love PJ...other than that nope...as a matter of fact people at work looked at me cross eyed when I said I was going to Wisconsin for 2 nights of PJ. I relayed this story to my wife on the way back to the hotel..."I said maybe if they saw that performance of habit last night or the amazing solo of Mike on evenflow...they'd understand"...however I doubt it...they think nickelcrap, theory of a deadman, etc...are great...hehehehe...oh they also just go nuts for American Idol...and their middle aged men...hehehehe.

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    So I was blasting PJ radio in my dad's truck on my way to work today, and I pulled into the Gas station, for none other than gas, and this car of really YOUNG kids pulls up and hears the radio, and apparently they had gone to AV cause they started yelling to me, "hey I just SAW THESE guys!!" They ( the kids) had gone to the PJ20 event to see The Strokes, and ended up staying for PJ.. the funniest part..( they must have read the back of my TC hoodie), as I was getting back into the truck to leave to go to work for real.. they turned down their radio to shout.. "Tell all the PJ people we said thanks for such a kick ass time!! " One guy yelled it was the best first concert ever, and then I turned the PJ radio back up full blast and waved.. they waved back enthusiastically..and it made my day.. I smiled all day, while cleaning the hospital.. thinking of those kids who'd gone to see one band and came away loving another one.. Behold the power of PJ!!
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,488
    So I was blasting PJ radio in my dad's truck on my way to work today, and I pulled into the Gas station, for none other than gas, and this car of really YOUNG kids pulls up and hears the radio, and apparently they had gone to AV cause they started yelling to me, "hey I just SAW THESE guys!!" They ( the kids) had gone to the PJ20 event to see The Strokes, and ended up staying for PJ.. the funniest part..( they must have read the back of my TC hoodie), as I was getting back into the truck to leave to go to work for real.. they turned down their radio to shout.. "Tell all the PJ people we said thanks for such a kick ass time!! " One guy yelled it was the best first concert ever, and then I turned the PJ radio back up full blast and waved.. they waved back enthusiastically..and it made my day.. I smiled all day, while cleaning the hospital.. thinking of those kids who'd gone to see one band and came away loving another one.. Behold the power of PJ!!

Awesome :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options

THAT IS AWESOME!! WAY TO GO!!! NEW PJ CONVERTS!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I had a girls night a couple months ago and we hit up some bars in Palatine, which is the next town over from me. We were at this German restaurant/bar and after getting drinks I went up to the juke. While I was picking stuff out, this guy came up to me and said "you better play some PJ" because he saw my tattoo. Of course we became fast friends and totally took over the juke, playing nothing but rare PJ songs (it was one of those internet juke things) all night long! Oh I'm sure it really irritated everyone else in there but I had had a few drinks and really didn't care by that point. :lol: There was one guy that did come up to us though all excited who also had a PJ tattoo. The chances of me meeting not one but 2 PJ freaks in the same night must be insanely slight!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I had a girls night a couple months ago and we hit up some bars in Palatine, which is the next town over from me. We were at this German restaurant/bar and after getting drinks I went up to the juke. While I was picking stuff out, this guy came up to me and said "you better play some PJ" because he saw my tattoo. Of course we became fast friends and totally took over the juke, playing nothing but rare PJ songs (it was one of those internet juke things) all night long! Oh I'm sure it really irritated everyone else in there but I had had a few drinks and really didn't care by that point. :lol: There was one guy that did come up to us though all excited who also had a PJ tattoo. The chances of me meeting not one but 2 PJ freaks in the same night must be insanely slight!

palatine... sounds like its in the starwars universe. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,892
    Just how narrow is your definition of "vicinity"?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    I've had a couple, nothing exciting.

Last August was in Washington for a conference. We had just arrived, checked in and that sort of thing and the wife and I were out front having a smoke on the bench when the one younger valet parking attendant goes buy us and says nice t-shirt man, I was wearing my green PJ shirt from 2010 tour (the one that has the 2 tattered flags on the front) never had the chance to talk with him as he was working and we had things to do.

Then last yr the wife and daughter were shopping in Cambridge and I was along for the ride, after what felt like an hour had gone by :roll: watching one of the workers put clothes on the rack to amuse myself, I noticed she had a stickman tattoo on her forearm, so I just proceeded to chat with her about PJ for a few minutes and that was about it. Nothing too exciting
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    At work one time this lady was buying some stuff (I forget what) and she hands me her card. The last name was 'Ament' so of course I have to ask! :lol::lol::lol:

Turns out her husband is like a cousin or something of Jeff. Didn't seem like she was a fan of Pearl Jam though. :mrgreen::lol:
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    About a month and a half ago my water softener stopped working so I called a repair company. The guy stopped by and when I was taking him to the softener he saw all the PJ posters in my man cave. We had nice little talk about the band, he told me he was going to PJ20, I told him I'm going to Toronto and Hammer shows. Anyway it was supposed to be a $50 service call and he didn't charge me for it. Very nice guy, hope he had a great time at PJ20!!
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:

Close enough to talk/scream over to you, give a thumbs up or honk a horn!!! :lol:
  • Options
    StevieG wrote:
    About a month and a half ago my water softener stopped working so I called a repair company. The guy stopped by and when I was taking him to the softener he saw all the PJ posters in my man cave. We had nice little talk about the band, he told me he was going to PJ20, I told him I'm going to Toronto and Hammer shows. Anyway it was supposed to be a $50 service call and he didn't charge me for it. Very nice guy, hope he had a great time at PJ20!!

Nice, the power of PJ :D
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35 wrote:
    StevieG wrote:

Nice, the power of PJ :D

Agreed :mrgreen:

I am loving all the cool posts!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    teegan31teegan31 Southwestern ON Posts: 126
    In ' 97 when I worked at a parking kiosk at the college, a guy came up to my window with pj cranked and then turned it down...I told him NEVER to turn it down around me and we got talking, turned out he had a bunch of bootleg concert videos (something very hard to get back then) and we traded stuff! It was awesome!

Last year when I went to my kids meet the teacher night I had on my PJ tour 2009 shirt and one of the other moms told me she had been to 5 shows, we talked and it was cool...
  • Options
    teegan31 wrote:
    In ' 97 when I worked at a parking kiosk at the college, a guy came up to my window with pj cranked and then turned it down...I told him NEVER to turn it down around me and we got talking, turned out he had a bunch of bootleg concert videos (something very hard to get back then) and we traded stuff! It was awesome!

Last year when I went to my kids meet the teacher night I had on my PJ tour 2009 shirt and one of the other moms told me she had been to 5 shows, we talked and it was cool...

That's awesome! :D
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,892
    mickeyrat wrote:

Close enough to talk/scream over to you, give a thumbs up or honk a horn!!! :lol:
    leaving an AA meeting held over a bar. I'm wearing reissue stickman. Dude on his way to the bar, way loud says Nice shirt!! Thats about it.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

leaving an AA meeting held over a bar. I'm wearing reissue stickman. Dude on his way to the bar, way loud says Nice shirt!! Thats about it.

an AA meeting over a bar.... insensitive much?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,923

Fantastic story. I had a grin on my face reading it! Yay the Power of PJ!
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

That's good enough. :D
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    mickeyrat wrote:

an AA meeting over a bar.... insensitive much?

:lol: i was thinking the same thing...who has an AA meeting above a bar... :lol:

awe right, great meeting guys...who wants to get a drink. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg