Options

Other PJ fans in the vicinity...

ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
edited September 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Is it just me or...when you are out and about do you ever wonder how many other jammers are in the same place you are? I do...especially when I am stopped at a traffic light and have PJ blaring on the stereo with the windows down...

I would totally say HEEELLLOOOO! ;)

Any one have stories where someone did say "hello" because you were blaring PJ or wearing a tee out in public? This could get interesting indeed... :mrgreen:
Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I met a fellow fanatic at the office about 6 months ago!
  • Options
    I met a fellow fanatic at the office about 6 months ago!

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    this one time i was in a pizza place....

ah never mind

i was on my way to the UC in 2009 with a boot playing in my truck with the windows down. at a light i got a big thumbs up from some peeps in taxi on the way to the UC. nothing to exciting there. :lol:

i don't see much PJ gear around.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Someone came into my store with a homemade EV shirt last week. I asked about it and we talked about the recent EV show.
    #FHP
  • Options
    81 wrote:

ah never mind

i was on my way to the UC in 2009 with a boot playing in my truck with the windows down. at a light i got a big thumbs up from some peeps in taxi on the way to the UC. nothing to exciting there. :lol:

sooo...why not the pizza story?? :think:
  • Options
    Horos wrote:
    Someone came into my store with a homemade EV shirt last week. I asked about it and we talked about the recent EV show.

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Hey Shimmy,

if you see a guy in a grey Dodge Caravan with PJ cranked its me.

:lol:

You never hear rock anymore in vehicles (very few)... all rap and teen crap.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

ah never mind

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=151855
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Nami wrote:
    Hey Shimmy,

OK! I will definitely watch out for you! :mrgreen:

I will also be sure to scream, HELLLLOOOO! :mrgreen::lol:

We have play rock music in our van...ONLY PJ when I am driving! :lol:
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

ah never mind

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=151855

Oh yes! I remember reading this! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Not really PJ related but one time (in 1997) I was wearing a JIm Morrison t-shirt and a teenager asked me, "is that Marilyn Manson?"
  • Options
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    Not really PJ related but one time (in 1997) I was wearing a JIm Morrison t-shirt and a teenager asked me, "is that Marilyn Manson?"

:o OH THE HUMANITY!! :lol:
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    If I remember correctly I closed my eyes and rolled them and grumbled.

The back of the shirt said LIGHT MY FIRE

Not that that's a dead giveaway as to who it might be...
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Never meet them in south florida, BUT I was on the beach once with a group of about 10-15 friends/acquaintances, and a dude strolled up drinking beer (he turned out to be a friend of a friend), and a few minutes later he took off his shirt and had a big old stickman tattoo on his chest. I didnt want to run up to a guy and talk about his chest tattoo though.., but then he took off before I got a chance to say 'hey'.

I always consider him the 'other Pj fan in south florida'. :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    81 wrote:

ah never mind

U was at The Ice House . :mrgreen:

The only place i know if were you can get your Pizza, Beer and Zig Zags delivered .
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Jokertt® wrote:

U was at The Ice House . :mrgreen:

you know, in all my years, i don't think i ever went there. :lol:

we always got our pizza from little ceasers or that place on west high (looks like it's gone), or pizza hut
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    when i was working in a charity shop, a woman came and bought the stickman tee for £2. i was on the till and when i saw it, i said "i love this tshirt, great band."
    and she smiled politely and was like "yeah, they're good" and left.

and then when i was at T in the Park
    i saw a guy wearing the stickman tee
    and (being more-than-slightly intoxicated) i ran up to him, getting right up in his face and personal space, and was like I LOVE YOUR TEEEESHIIIIRT!
    and he was like "Yeah, okay thanks :? " and his friend was so stoned he just stood there, nodding and laughing
    so then i was like "PEARL JAAAAAAM! CRAAAAZY!" :D
    and he said "PEARL JAAAAAAM!" :crazy: and then we were like "BEST BAND IN THE WOOORLD! CRAAAZY!" he started singing even flow but by then my friends wanted to go and so i had to leave.
    :roll:

yeah, not very interesting but so far the only times i've ever met any pj fans.
  • Options
    when i was working in a charity shop, a woman came and bought the stickman tee for £2. i was on the till and when i saw it, i said "i love this tshirt, great band."

and (being more-than-slightly intoxicated) i ran up to him, getting right up in his face and personal space, and was like I LOVE YOUR TEEEESHIIIIRT!
    and he was like "Yeah, okay thanks :? " and his friend was so stoned he just stood there, nodding and laughing
    and he said "PEARL JAAAAAAM!" :crazy: and then we were like "BEST BAND IN THE WOOORLD! CRAAAZY!" he started singing even flow but by then my friends wanted to go and so i had to leave.

:lol: That's awesome! At least they started sing with you! CRAAAAZY!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i met a guy in my softball league ... he heard me and a team mate talking eddie solo and he piped up ... :lol:
  • Options
    tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    I saw a stickman sticker on the back of a pick up truck sometime last year in my small town, I was tempted to stand by the parked truck and wait for the owner... but that might have been a bit weird. Thats the closest I've got...
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Well I once saw a guy in an Italian restaurant with a No Code shirt, and once in the grocery store someone had a Binaural shirt. That's about it. Its a small town, and they mostly like Hinder and stuff like that.....
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    If I remember correctly I closed my eyes and rolled them and grumbled.

The back of the shirt said LIGHT MY FIRE

Not that that's a dead giveaway as to who it might be...
    Jose Feliciano???

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    don't you live in London, Ont?

if I so I frequent that city with PJ blaring from my car
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Nami wrote:
    Hey Shimmy,

same here except its a town & country :lol:
  • Options
    Awesome...although I would have to have Superwoman vision to see your Town & Country from Canada! :lol:

Smarchee, I am closer to Hamilton than you think!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    edited August 2011

:lol: this is funny.
    Post edited by EmBleve on
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    my PRLJAMN plate gets lots of :wave: :thumbup: :clap: when I'm out and about
    :D
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026

so the first thing that popped into my head while starting to read your "and then when...." was and one day at band camp.... :lol::lol::lol: totally off subject but got a good chuckle from it. :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Ok...I can officially say I ran into two PJ fans at the Toronto Zoo this past Friday...I was wearing my Analog tee and two different women, on two different occasions said "I love your shirt!" They had big grins on their faces!! It's cool to know we were are kind of in a secret club...I think we should have a secret handshake too... :lol:

At least I knew there were 3 of us that were not attending PJ20 :(
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Ok...I can officially say I ran into two PJ fans at the Toronto Zoo this past Friday...I was wearing my Analog tee and two different women, on two different occasions said "I love your shirt!" They had big grins on their faces!! It's cool to know we were are kind of in a secret club...I think we should have a secret handshake too... :lol:

At least I knew there were 3 of us that were not attending PJ20 :(
    Yeah alot of people say that the shirt is cheesey.. and when I first got mine I sort of agreed.. but now whenever I see one I KNOW hey fellow TC'er.. so it's really sorta cool!!