Up Next, the U

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
http://sports.yahoo.com/investigations/ ... its_081611

this should knock OSU out of the headlines for a few days.

i wonder where RW is at? :wave:
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• My Ducks want to be big time. So they released a little more news today ;)

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... affic.html

"We Smoked it All!" :lol:
    NERDS!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    finally finished reading it all.

wow.

makes the OSU transgressions look like chump change
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    My Ducks want to be big time. So they released a little more news today ;)

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... affic.html

"We Smoked it All!" :lol:

that's an awesome reply
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    This is why I FUCKING love the U! Screw your small time tattoo shit.
    RW81233 wrote:
    This is why I FUCKING love the U! Screw your small time tattoo shit.

:lol:

go big or go home.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Absolutely...they are exactly what happens when you get a bunch of poor kids into a private school populated with rich children whose dad's are drug lords, movie stars, and/or athletes. I showed the ESPN 30/30 last fall in my Sport Film class, then we did a skype interview with Billy Corben. His stories of what it was like to go to school there were fantastic.
  • RW81233 wrote:
    Absolutely...they are exactly what happens when you get a bunch of poor kids into a private school populated with rich children whose dad's are drug lords, movie stars, and/or athletes. I showed the ESPN 30/30 last fall in my Sport Film class, then we did a skype interview with Billy Corben. His stories of what it was like to go to school there were fantastic.

I went to SC. Same thing re: poor kids / rich whitey school....minus the drug lord parents part. I think some of the students were drug lords though. These poor kids dont have a chance to stay on the straight and narrow. I was a fucking wreck for 4 years - had a blast -- and if I had access to what those kids had access to I am sure I would have been booted out.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • 81 wrote:
    finally finished reading it all.

wow.

makes the OSU transgressions look like chump change
    Just finished it as well. Fucking Crazy! I know where I'm going to school in my next life :mrgreen:
    NERDS!
    They have a Sports Management program there (although I kinda teach anti-sport management), and when a job comes open I am applying for sure.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,572
    just like old times ;)
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,433
    just like old times ;)

ha except they won titles back in the 80s, lots of 8-4s and 7-5s with this loser buying players.

seriously i love sports and all but what goes into the mind of a guy like this? what does someone like this get out of doing this kind of stuff? do you really get satisfaction hanging out with a bunch of college dudes and with winning when you cheat like this? what a waste of money. college football is such a cesspool.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,824
    Wow. Just finished reading the article. Pretty crazy, but not surprising at all. NCAA is a complete mess....how does no one catch the fact that a big time booster is also a part owner of a sports agency????
    Wow. Just finished reading the article. Pretty crazy, but not surprising at all. NCAA is a complete mess....how does no one catch the fact that a big time booster is also a part owner of a sports agency????

easy, you close your eyes and look the other way
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,824
    81 wrote:

easy, you close your eyes and look the other way

Obviously thats what Miami did...but how can this go on for so long and no one from the NCAA know about it or do anything?? College sports are such a joke.
    ncaa is a joke.

being that this is the second major issue with boosters down in miami, it will be intersting to see see if they get the death penalty
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,572
    81 wrote:
    ncaa is a joke.

being that this is the second major issue with boosters down in miami, it will be intersting to see see if they get the death penalty

the golden era...not off to a good start :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    ncaa is a joke.

i think they get the death penalty because it's a perfect program for the NCAA to give it to. a program with a big name but not really all the relevent today compared to the SEC. perfect to make the NCAA look like they are doing something without really harming today's powers.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    ncaa is a joke.

SC got near death penalty for nothing close to what has happened here...say bye bye to the u
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    ncaa is a joke.

SC got near death penalty for nothing close to what has happened here...say bye bye to the u

i don't remember any issues with South Carolina. :P

asssuming everything checks out with the story, and sounds like it will, i don't see how they don't get a one year vacation after what happened back in the day down there.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    time to start working on naming the OSU/Miami matchup

The Infraction Bowl
    The Booster Bowl
    The Tats/Stripper Bowl
    The Disgrace Bowl
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    the hypocrisy of the ncaa knows no bounds
    USC fans were reeling last June when Paul Dee, then-chairman of the NCAA’s Committee on Infractions, oversaw the handing down of some of the most severe sanctions in college football history.

Now Dee is back in the news.

In a report on Yahoo!Sports, Charles Robinson details how imprisoned University of Miami booster Nevin Shapiro allegedly provided impermissible benefits to more than 70 Hurricanes athletes from 2002 to 2010.

Dee was Miami’s athletic director from 1993 to 2008.

Wrote Robinson:

Shapiro said he was enabled by the university, allowed to run the entire Miami team out of tunnel and onto the field -- twice -- and once honored on the field by former athletic director Paul Dee during a game. The same Paul Dee who wagged a finger at USC as the chairman of the NCAA’s committee on infractions in 2010, chiding the Reggie Bush/O.J. Mayo scandal as a systematic failure.

“High-profile players demand high-profile compliance,” Dee said while announcing USC’s sanctions.

Now Shapiro says Miami’s athletic compliance -- Dee’s own backyard while Shapiro was operating -- suffered one catastrophic oversight after another.

Dennis Dodd of CBSSports.com took Dee to task in his column:

He's the guy who sat in judgment of USC when the program was burned to the ground, then scolded the school for letting it happen.

"High profile players demand high-profile compliance," Dee said 14 months ago in reference to Reggie Bush.

There have been few more hypocritical words spoken in the history of NCAA enforcement.

Stewart Mandel of SI.com also weighed in on Dee:

“Dee, Miami's AD during most of the period covering Shapiro's allegations, is retired and no longer under NCAA jurisdiction. Still, it seems only fair he should spend a day at USC's Heritage Hall wearing a sandwich board with the word "Hypocrite."

See if this sounds familiar: "We didn't have any suspicion that he was doing anything like this.” He didn't do anything to cause concern."

I'm fairly certain I heard Pete Carroll say something to that effect, repeatedly, about Bush's time at USC. He insisted there's no way he or anyone else at the school could have known that Bush's parents were living the high life in San Diego -- a defense Dee and his committee sharply rebuked.
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_ ... vrit=53285
    norm wrote:
    the hypocrisy of the ncaa knows no bounds
    USC fans were reeling last June when Paul Dee, then-chairman of the NCAA’s Committee on Infractions, oversaw the handing down of some of the most severe sanctions in college football history.

Now Dee is back in the news.

In a report on Yahoo!Sports, Charles Robinson details how imprisoned University of Miami booster Nevin Shapiro allegedly provided impermissible benefits to more than 70 Hurricanes athletes from 2002 to 2010.

Dee was Miami’s athletic director from 1993 to 2008.

Wrote Robinson:

Shapiro said he was enabled by the university, allowed to run the entire Miami team out of tunnel and onto the field -- twice -- and once honored on the field by former athletic director Paul Dee during a game. The same Paul Dee who wagged a finger at USC as the chairman of the NCAA’s committee on infractions in 2010, chiding the Reggie Bush/O.J. Mayo scandal as a systematic failure.

“High-profile players demand high-profile compliance,” Dee said while announcing USC’s sanctions.

Now Shapiro says Miami’s athletic compliance -- Dee’s own backyard while Shapiro was operating -- suffered one catastrophic oversight after another.

Dennis Dodd of CBSSports.com took Dee to task in his column:

He's the guy who sat in judgment of USC when the program was burned to the ground, then scolded the school for letting it happen.

"High profile players demand high-profile compliance," Dee said 14 months ago in reference to Reggie Bush.

There have been few more hypocritical words spoken in the history of NCAA enforcement.

Stewart Mandel of SI.com also weighed in on Dee:

“Dee, Miami's AD during most of the period covering Shapiro's allegations, is retired and no longer under NCAA jurisdiction. Still, it seems only fair he should spend a day at USC's Heritage Hall wearing a sandwich board with the word "Hypocrite."

See if this sounds familiar: "We didn't have any suspicion that he was doing anything like this.” He didn't do anything to cause concern."

I'm fairly certain I heard Pete Carroll say something to that effect, repeatedly, about Bush's time at USC. He insisted there's no way he or anyone else at the school could have known that Bush's parents were living the high life in San Diego -- a defense Dee and his committee sharply rebuked.
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_ ... vrit=53285

do as i say, not as i do. :roll:

they out of just go start a new football league for 18-22 year olds. call in NFL triple A
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    they out of just go start a new football league for 18-22 year olds. call in NFL triple A

i can't believe goodell hasn't already tried to do it...a minor league like baseball
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I LOVE it! Now I just need UF to make the same headlines :lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    LukinFan wrote:

thought you'd be loving this :lol::lol:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

i can't believe goodell hasn't already tried to do it...a minor league like baseball

my guess is people wouldn't care as much. when you have the name of a school in your name, you have all the allumni that what to be part of it. you have 100 year old rivalries, school pride.

with a minor league team, you have the Columbus Tattoo'ers vs. the Miami Boosters. not as exciting, even if hte same players are playing.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

my guess is people wouldn't care as much. when you have the name of a school in your name, you have all the allumni that what to be part of it. you have 100 year old rivalries, school pride.

with a minor league team, you have the Columbus Tattoo'ers vs. the Miami Boosters. not as exciting, even if hte same players are playing.

well i wouldn't want it...i love college football and it would piss me off if they tried to do something like this...but the ncaa is so incompetent they might just fuck up the golden goose they have and the nfl might fill the void
    norm wrote:
    well i wouldn't want it...i love college football and it would piss me off if they tried to do something like this...but the ncaa is so incompetent they might just fuck up the golden goose they have and the nfl might fill the void

no incentive for NFL to start any minor league - why put your own money into something when the colleges will pay to do the same thing.

as for the NCAA the BCS conferences are going to break off and start their own organization in the near future. only way this doesn't happen is government intervention somehow. BCS schools have no interest in being aligned with non-BCS conferences. i think a split is inevitable.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    I need to read through this when I get a chance. Sounds awesome.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    norm wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

thought you'd be loving this :lol::lol:
    it would be better if it was UF, but I'll take what I can get :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee