Options

Oldest PJ tshirt you still wear?

Backspacer_BackerBackspacer_Backer Posts: 1,023
edited December 2013 in The Porch
Mine is a 1996 No Code tshirt. has the circle decoder thing on the front. Almost can't see anything it says because the screen print is well worn and cracked. Still wear it once or twice a month.

Second, and more special to me, is my first actual tour shirt from 1998. My first four PJ shows that year. It's the upright Evolution missing link guy carrying a machine gun with the tour stops listed on the back. Also nearing the end of its run from being so worn out, but also wear it couple times a month.

I'm sure lots of you have older ones. Let's hear 'em.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    my '00 tour shirt disappeared under mysterious circumstances.
    my '03 shirt also disappeared mysteriously.
    i lost my '05 canadian tour shirt, and gave away my (non-special-edition) hoodie to my now ex.

i still have my '06 tour hoodie and wear it from time-to-time.
    my '09 canadian shirt experienced a guinness-ey death in dublin, but i still wear it around the house.
    and my '10 dublin shirt also fell victim to drunken lack of care, though it is also still worn around the house.

so if you count hoodies, then '06.
    if not, but you still count ones not worn in public, then '09/'10.
    otherwise, i need a new damned shirt!
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    My oldest one is the No Code one as well from the '96 Randall's Island show.

Rarest shirt is a white shirt with a shark-profile in black on the front "Pearl Jam Local Crew".

I got a couple of those soccer-type satin/poly shirts as well, though I don't wear them. Practically perfect condition still.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    While mine is technically not a Pearl Jam tee, they are listed on it. It is from the 1994 Bridge School Benefit. I wear it when it makes it to the top of the pile.
    Bridge School Benefit 1 1994 Fargo 2003 Winnipeg 2005 St Paul 2006 Auckland 2009 Christchurch 2009 2011: Alpine Valley 1 & 2 Montreal Toronto 1 & 2 Ottawa Hamilton Winnipeg Saskatoon Calgary Edmonton Vancouver
    EV MPLS 2011 Missoula 9/30/12
  • Options
    DE483DE483 Posts: 428
    1994 Freak shirt from Chicago's New Regal Theater - fan club only show. Wore it to Cleveland 2010 - guy behind me says that was the Vs. tour. We start to chat - he says yeah, we were there - the drummer and bass player from the Frogs. I had better seats then them 8-)
  • Options
    DE483 wrote:
    1994 Freak shirt from Chicago's New Regal Theater - fan club only show. Wore it to Cleveland 2010 - guy behind me says that was the Vs. tour. We start to chat - he says yeah, we were there - the drummer and bass player from the Frogs. I had better seats then them 8-)

Ha, I was at the Cleveland show last year, too. And I remember when they played Smile for that chick, Eddie made the comment "Dennis with his spies everywhere" or something to that effect. Funny!
  • Options
    DE483DE483 Posts: 428
    Yep - then Ed points to the security guard to get them and bring them backstage. So technically for the show, better seats, for meeting the band - they win.
  • Options
    RockMamaRockMama Deep Creek Lake, MD Posts: 478
    edited August 2011
    I have my Mr. Pointer shirt from 1995. Unfortunately the only place it will still fit is on my head. Maybe in 20 years when I am 77, I will shrivel up and it will fit again........
    Post edited by RockMama on
    107 total First-Summerfest, Milwaukee '95
    Most recent: 2018 Stadium shows: Seattle 2, Missoula, Fenway 1 and 2; 2022: Oakland 1 and 2
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Mine is a 1996 No Code tshirt. has the circle decoder thing on the front. Almost can't see anything it says because the screen print is well worn and cracked. Still wear it once or twice a month.

Second, and more special to me, is my first actual tour shirt from 1998. My first four PJ shows that year. It's the upright Evolution missing link guy carrying a machine gun with the tour stops listed on the back. Also nearing the end of its run from being so worn out, but also wear it couple times a month.

I'm sure lots of you have older ones. Let's hear 'em.

I saw a guy wearing an ancient, ratty No Code era shirt with Eddie on the front and I think the dates on the back. All I know is, this dude had a bunch of PJ tats on his arms. The vitalogy V and a binaural head.

Talked to him for a few minutes. He even knew the band t-shirt I was wearing, which was incredibly random because it was a Christian ska band named the Supertones. One of my most interesting PJ encounters.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    Mine is the Choices shirt. It was my first PJ shirt, and my only for a very long time.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    001-1.jpg
    Had to go dig it out of my closet and take a pic.
    Can`t remember the last time I wore it though.....
  • Options
    001-1.jpg

mirin this

i dont wear anyone of the old ones i have- i was fat when i startd gobbling up tour merch (first show was in 2000 and had a bunch of tees from 96 and 98 as well)

oldest ones i wear are prolly the 04 vfc shirts that crash made into a sick sick hoodie for me
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    I still have my original WMA shirt with "POLICE" on the back.
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    probably my 1996 No Code shirt...it's wrecked, but i still wear it every once in awhile. may have to wear it to PJ20! :shock:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I have a Pearl Jam T-shirt with an airplane going down on the front and the words "black box" on the back.. anyone know when this shirt is from.. I have no clue..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    NarcisoNarciso Posts: 194
    I still have my original Music for Rhinos shirt, from like 1991 or 92? It is in surprisingly good shape.
    Slipped on a curb in the road.
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    Red with yellow birds Given to Fly shirt from 98.....
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    I have the bright ass orange shirt with the bullseye on it from VS that says Pearl Jam in a small tag on the upper back. Love this shirt. And I have shirts that I've yet to see anyone talk about in here. Poster shirts from the 98 tour. I have a shirt with the 9-11-98 NYC poster and the one with the tractor from Toronto. I'll try to get pics up. I'll sport those every now and then, but they are like Picasso's to me!
  • Options
    comatose_253comatose_253 Posts: 270
    edited August 2011
    Post edited by comatose_253 on
  • Options
    I have a Pearl Jam T-shirt with an airplane going down on the front and the words "black box" on the back.. anyone know when this shirt is from.. I have no clue..

its the 98 st louis poster art- i've got that one too...fucking badass
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756

its the 98 st louis poster art- i've got that one too...fucking badass
    Nice!! thank you.. I bought it at a head shop here in detroit around the time Riot Act was released.. odd, yet super cool.. I wonder how long it hung there..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    My oldest is the one that I wear the most. Orange Binaural tour shirt with the green logo on the front with a sort of evolution theme and the tour dates on the back. Got it at my first show at Alpine Valley in 2000. It projects to be somewhat warmer this visit to East Troy.
    Oct 00 - East Troy aka The Ice Bowl
    Apr 03 - Champaign
    Jun 03 - East Troy
    May 06 - Chicago
    Jun 06 - Summerfest 1 & 2
    Aug 09 - Chicago 1 & 2
    May 10 - Noblesville
    Sept 11 - PJ20 1 & 2
    July 13 - Wrigley
    Oct 13 - Pittsburgh
    Oct 14 - Moline & Milwaukee
    Aug 16 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    1992 European tour shirt
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    black from 1992
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ToxicPiggyToxicPiggy Posts: 238
    1996 no code european tour.... Salmon colour
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    possibly my " whats the point" t-shirt i bought in 1995 or i have one i wear occasionally the 70% water one, not sure which is older. i still have my one i bought in glasgow 1992, but its worn out now, and the white european one from 1992 is a bit big, but i sometimes wear it a a top to sleep in (i nearly wrote.. as a pj top :lol: )

my fav. top of all time was a long sleeve stickman top, with pearl jam written down the arms also, and it was in purple instead of red.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    dislocateddislocated Posts: 599
    this one...

PJ017.jpg
  • Options
    pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 593
    For Da Kid it would have to be his Citizen Dick shirt ordered it from subpop records in 1996 stillwear it to see PJ live.
    3.Would have to be No Code tour shirt from 96 still in great condition and not faded or torn
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Options
    dislocateddislocated Posts: 599
    001-1.jpg

Nice :thumbup:
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    i can barely fit into it anymore but every blue moon i wear the mookie shirt with him in a nets jersey dribbling a ball. i've had it maybe 18 years or so and it was a gift from someone who worked in the music industry
  • Options
    bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 713
    Two of my personal favs, which I still wear...

Never give up ( 1992 with the rings) and the puppet with the label "Freak"on it.
    I wish they'd reissue those.

Those are my oldest that I still wear, but I have some others in mind from the late 90 s that I love.