Options

HUEY LEWS AND THE NEWS - OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED FOR PJ20!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    STICKY THIS THREAD!!! :x
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    That's exactly why I entered two online contests that I won't win to go to PJ 20.

I wanted to go back to the future while experiencing the power of love while being hip to be square. Then I wanted to get a new drug because I'm so happy to be stuck with you and then I wanted to do this before I go back to working for a living so I can spend money to experience the heart of rock n roll.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    is this what you have?

"Firmly established in a particular habit, belief, or way of life and unlikely to change."

Princess Bride references aside, in this context "confirmed" would mean that some official band spokesperson had said/written/emailed/tooted that Mr. Lews (sic) and the News were going to show up at PJ20. Otherwise, this is just a rumor/claim/speculation/unconfirmed report/allegation/anecdote/tittle-tattle. You could say "I have it on good authority" or "I wish" or "I really hope" but you abso-fucking-lutely cannot say "confirmed" until it is, in fact, confirmed.

If and when it is confirmed (or denied), let us know. Peace.
  • Options
    is this what you have?

"Firmly established in a particular habit, belief, or way of life and unlikely to change."

Princess Bride references aside, in this context "confirmed" would mean that some official band spokesperson had said/written/emailed/tooted that Mr. Lews (sic) and the News were going to show up at PJ20. Otherwise, this is just a rumor/claim/speculation/unconfirmed report/allegation/anecdote/tittle-tattle. You could say "I have it on good authority" or "I wish" or "I really hope" but you abso-fucking-lutely cannot say "confirmed" until it is, in fact, confirmed.

wow. on multiple levels. just, wow.

:lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    is this what you have?

:lol::lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    is this what you have?

:lol::lol:

i could sell some swamp land to some people in here... :o:lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

i'll buy some!!! where do i sign up?? will Huey be there to witness the transaction??? :lol::lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    mfc2006 wrote:

i'll buy some!!! where do i sign up?? will Huey be there to witness the transaction??? :lol::lol:
    is swamp land good for growing? i want to grow corn on my newly bought piece of swamp land.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

huey is a notary public.

i'm glad you brought this up because he will be available for quit claim deeds and the such at pj20. in fact, i have heard from a credible source that pearl jam will actually have a booth reserved for huey to conduct these transactions at the festival.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:

huey is a notary public.

i'm glad you brought this up because he will be available for quit claim deeds and the such at pj20. in fact, i have heard from a credible source that pearl jam will actually have a booth reserved for huey to conduct these transactions at the festival.

thank god for that! whew! that takes a load off my mind. thanks, man! :geek:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    OK, got me.

I do kinda like "walking on the thin line".
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    OFFICIAL RUMOUR ANNOUNCEMENT! OFFICIAL! George Michael, Take That and Nirvana to make special appearances at PJ20!
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    Reminds me of the old quote: "Dying is easy, comedy is hard".
  • Options
    huey_lewis.jpg

:wave:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    huey_lewis.jpg

Can We Get Men At Work to show up also as well as Cutting Crew, so that way we can all die in each other's arms?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    huey_lewis.jpg

After seeing this photo it is clear the heart of rock and roll is still (clearly) beating.

:mrgreen:
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I know what I like
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    I'm not sure whether to trust the information here, now that the thread is no longer an official one
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    I'm not sure whether to trust the information here, now that the thread is no longer an official one

trust your juggler.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

trust your juggler.

I will - I know you're renowned for your good character.

I might find it easier to believe you if Huey Lewis and the News were 'officially confirmed'. That would help put my mind at rest.

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    tremors wrote:

trust your juggler.

I will - I know you're renowned for your good character.

I might find it easier to believe you if Huey Lewis and the News were 'officially confirmed'. That would help put my mind at rest.

DONE.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wow - that's brilliant news! :D I love Huey and his band.

• Options
    Dirty MosquitoDirty Mosquito Chicago Posts: 621
    tremors wrote:

I love your avatar.
    Alpine Valley 06-13-99 [EV-Solo]
    Alpine Valley 10-8-00 (The Icebowl)
    Chicago 05-16-06, 05-17-06
    Lollapalooza 08-05-07
    Chicago 08-22-08 [EV Solo]
    Chicago 08-23-09, 08-24-09
    Chicago 06-28-11, 06-29-11 [EV Solo]
    PJ20 Alpine Valley 09-03-11, 09-04-11
    Wrigley Field 07-19-13
    Wrigley Field 08-20-16, 08-22-16
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

I love your avatar.

Thanks mannnnn ;)

• Options
    After refusing an offer to provide the theme for 1984's hit film Ghostbusters, the band became embroiled in a legal battle over Lewis' claim that Ray Parker's "Ghostbusters" too closely resembled "I Want a New Drug." That battle is ongoing today.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    After refusing an offer to provide the theme for 1984's hit film Ghostbusters, the band became embroiled in a legal battle over Lewis' claim that Ray Parker's "Ghostbusters" too closely resembled "I Want a New Drug." That battle is ongoing today.

I heard last year it was actually settled at some point. For cash I'd guess..
  • Options
    huey_lewis.jpg

It should've been settled for 50 more of these shirts (seen above).

Bad ass!
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497

...and Ray Parker Jr. faded away into obscurity after taking on the great Huey Lewis.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

...and Ray Parker Jr. faded away into obscurity after taking on the great Huey Lewis.

see, that's what happens.....pj better take note in case they have 2nd thoughts about having h and the news at pj20 ;)
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jstein1978Jstein1978 Posts: 548
    Bump!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.