sooo i dropped a full cup of coffee on my mac book this am

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    believe it or not its working...

the space bar and the bar below the mouse are mega tight but they are working atm

should i bring it in to see i they can loosen them up somehow?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505

the space bar and the bar below the mouse are mega tight but they are working atm

you could...it's up to you... you would probably get it loose from posting on here though! :mrgreen::lol:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!

you could...it's up to you... you would probably get it loose from posting on here though! :mrgreen::lol:

my exact thoughts :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    soudns like the coffee is sticking up the keyboard. can you pull those keys off, clean them and put them back on?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    soudns like the coffee is sticking up the keyboard. can you pull those keys off, clean them and put them back on?

its just the space bar and the the click on button

i wouldnt try and mess with them...i would bring them in to apple

but it works which is most important

i think im gonna bring it in...will they loosen up from usage?
    81 wrote:

its just the space bar and the the click on button

i wouldnt try and mess with them...i would bring them in to apple

but it works which is most important

i think im gonna bring it in...will they loosen up from usage?

If enough computer lint sticks to the coffee it will. :mrgreen: Bring it in to Apple...that would be worth it...you'd stop worrying too. :mrgreen:
    im gonna bring it in ..might need new keyboard...but it an expensive computer so its the right thing to do
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    arq wrote:
    Remember all those day off you took not long ago? ;) that money could've helped you to buy a new mac :P

Sorry to hear that, is a pain in the ass when expenses come out of nowhere :(

i get paid for days off :?

Wow, you must have a fancy job...the kind that requires you to tuck-in your shirt, I suppose!
    im gonna bring it in ..might need new keyboard...but it an expensive computer so its the right thing to do

Agree, that's what I would do...and then never drink coffee near it again. :mrgreen:
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,965

Agree, that's what I would do...and then never drink coffee near it again. :mrgreen:
    Smart move. How many do you think they see from people using them in coffee shops? Besides, using on humid days will just make it sticky again and collect more dust and dirt. They need to clean that shit out.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    arq wrote:
    Remember all those day off you took not long ago? ;) that money could've helped you to buy a new mac :P

Wow, you must have a fancy job...the kind that requires you to tuck-in your shirt, I suppose!

thats optional...

i was just answering his comment
    well i said goodbye this morning

he is going on a mini vacation to to apple store :mrgreen:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    arq wrote:

by the way..when did you become such a DB?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

marriage will do that to you. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

holy shit....can't wait
    So I brought it to apple store....NO MAJOR DAMAGE...I WAS SHOCKED

90 bucks to clean out keyboard and mouse..I almost fainted when the tech said that

Hopefully no extra problems happen when they actually fix it..... :ugeek:

Thank you lord
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412

90 bucks to clean out keyboard and mouse..I almost fainted when the tech said that

Thank you lord

that's great news!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    i get paid for days off :?[/quote]

Wow, you must have a fancy job...the kind that requires you to tuck-in your shirt, I suppose![/quote]

by the way..when did you become such a DB?[/quote]

Not being a DB...just being sarcastic in adding to your comment re: getting paid for days off.
    81 wrote:

and in some people, it manifests even before they are married! ;)
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Wow, you must have a fancy job...the kind that requires you to tuck-in your shirt, I suppose![/quote]

by the way..when did you become such a DB?[/quote]

Not being a DB...just being sarcastic in adding to your comment re: getting paid for days off.[/quote]

Fine but my comment was made because the post implied I lost pay for taking a vacation day..which as u know with your job isn't the case...
    I didn't say it out of the blue to be cool or rub it in someones face...I was just clearing up the comment

Anyway it's all good ..peace out
    Sorry for the DB comment
    mfc2006 wrote:

Thank you lord

that's great news!!!

Felt like I hit the lotto :mrgreen:
    Fine but my comment was made because the post implied I lost pay for taking a vacation day..which as u know with your job isn't the case...
    I didn't say it out of the blue to be cool or rub it in someones face...I was just clearing up the comment

Anyway it's all good ..peace out
    Sorry for the DB comment[/quote]

No worries, Jerky!

We're good like that!

Thank you lord

That makes me happy! :mrgreen:

Thank you lord

Imagine how I felt.. :)

Thank you... 8-)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,572
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Not that this would help you now, but food for thought in the future...I insured mine through a personal articles policy with my insurance agent. It costs nearly nothing and if something like that happens I'm covered for a replacement/repairs.

this.

and thanks for reminding me. :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,965

Thank you lord

Imagine how I felt.. :)

Thank you... 8-)
    next time it would be much cheaper to try this method.

When the keys stick again, use a hammer to loosen them up.

I'll give that advice to you for free. :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    great way to start the day.....down $1200

fucking fuck fuck fuckers

i laughed so hard i spat coffee all over my screen... or whatever it is Americans do when they read something funny. ;):lol:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    dunkman wrote:
    great way to start the day.....down $1200

fucking fuck fuck fuckers

i laughed so hard i spat coffee all over my screen... or whatever it is Americans do when they read something funny. ;):lol:

Sometimes we roll around on the floor
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    and your ass falls off sometimes i believe? is this true?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    dunkman wrote:
    and your ass falls off sometimes i believe? is this true?

Sorry, that's a question for the Greeks.