sooo i dropped a full cup of coffee on my mac book this am

neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
great way to start the day.....down $1200

fucking fuck fuck fuckers
i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    :lol::lol::lol:

if your coffee didn't have cream/sugar in it...might want to un-plug it and let it dry out for a few days...it might come back to life. (can't remove the battery can you?)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    Remember all those day off you took not long ago? ;) that money could've helped you to buy a new mac :P

Sorry to hear that, is a pain in the ass when expenses come out of nowhere :(
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Where'd you get one for only $1,200?!?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :doh:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Probably won't work for coffe but my wife had her Blackberry in the pool for 20 min before she realized it was in her bathing suit. The screen looked like a fishbowl half full of water. She took the battery out and put it in a bag of rice for 2 days and miraculously it worked again.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    arq wrote:
    Remember all those day off you took not long ago? ;) that money could've helped you to buy a new mac :P

Sorry to hear that, is a pain in the ass when expenses come out of nowhere :(

i get paid for days off :?
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Where'd you get one for only $1,200?!?

the barber shop..lots of stolen goods come thru a ghetto barber shop
    youngster wrote:
    Probably won't work for coffe but my wife had her Blackberry in the pool for 20 min before she realized it was in her bathing suit. The screen looked like a fishbowl half full of water. She took the battery out and put it in a bag of rice for 2 days and miraculously it worked again.

yea that rice works.. pretty wild
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,824
    Ahh man that is brutal. Sorry to hear that...
    81 wrote:
    :doh:

i was awake for 5 minutes and my day was ruined...

im sitting here with smoke coming out of my ears
    Ahh man that is brutal. Sorry to hear that...

ughh :(
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    know that silica stuff that comes in a tub and you put it in the basement to soak up humidity?
    or the same sort of stuff you dry flowers with?
    SILICA (i think that's what its called)
    take the battery out
    get a rubbermaid tub w a lid
    put the whole shebang inside
    pour lots of the silica over
    close tight
    leave for a few days
    oughtta do the trick

hope there was nothing sticky (milk, creamer, sugar)

good luck
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I would remove the battery, hold the power in to drain any power from the boards, take it apart, wash the boards off and let it dry before you put it back together and power it on.

You've got nothing to lose.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Not that this would help you now, but food for thought in the future...I insured mine through a personal articles policy with my insurance agent. It costs nearly nothing and if something like that happens I'm covered for a replacement/repairs.
    thanks for all the tips everyone....
    oh and i had a ton of milk and sugar in it :roll:

oh man....

im gonna bring it to apple and see what they say
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

oh man....

"they're all gonna laugh at you"
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

oh man....

"they're all gonna laugh at you"

actually gonna make my gf bring it....close to her office ;)

eh whats done is done.....
    the mouse was still working..it was the button u push under the mouse that wasn't working.... weird
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Put it in a big bag of rice for 3-5 days. Will be good as new.
    I'll be back
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    I hope the rice works, I know it works for cell phones...

Sorry to hear that neilybabes86
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!

its all good....im uptight now but i will get over it by tomorrow when i wake up

its materialistic .....can always be replaced

i just hate the fact oh how it happened.... combination of being lazy and half asleep :roll:

its all good....im uptight now but i will get over it by tomorrow when i wake up

i just hate the fact oh how it happened.... combination of being lazy and half asleep :roll:

Accidents happen...hey, wait...maybe it was The Adjustment Bureau...correcting your day? ;)

Accidents happen...hey, wait...maybe it was The Adjustment Bureau...correcting your day? ;)

im just glad it landed on my thigh and not alittle over to the right :shock:

now that would have ruined my day/life :lol:

:lol::lol: Now that's keeping it positive! :mrgreen:

:lol::lol: Now that's keeping it positive! :mrgreen:

;)
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    yeah, that stinks! that reminds me, I should back up my stuff to the external hard drive
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    sorry -- that sux
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me