Rise of the planet of the apes...

2»

Comments

• and ummm no way did i ever get an inkling that the neighbour was a friggin' pilot.. did i miss something?????

Didn't we see at the end that he wears the pilot uniform at the airport.

And earlier when the dad tried driving the neighbors car and the guy came out and said he had to get to the airport.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

and ummm no way did i ever get an inkling that the neighbour was a friggin' pilot.. did i miss something?????

Didn't we see at the end that he wears the pilot uniform at the airport.

And earlier when the dad tried driving the neighbors car and the guy came out and said he had to get to the airport.

yeah at the end when he was wearing his uniform thats when i noticed. earlier coming out and saying he had to get to the airport means nothing without context. he couldve been picking someone up.. but i guess it was a little cryptic clue. he was a jerk anyway... oh and if anyone sneezes or coughs near me at the airport or anywhere else theyre gonna get a punch in the face.... i dont want their killer cooties on me.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Gob wrote:
    a lot better than i thought it was gonna be, but you can probably wait and rent it

some of it was a little / very cheesy

SPOILER ALERT

Especially when harry potter kid said heston's line... and caesar's last line
    I didn't think that line was cheesy at all.. Had it not been in the original, no one would even have noticed. It fit.

I really hope we get at least two more quality films out of this. I don't know what is planned, but I think a trilogy is in order..

Rise of Planet of the Apes
    Planet of the Apes?
    Fall of Planet of the Apes??
    the way coked out tim burton ended his 2001 remake i don't really see how a sequel would fit in... not to mention all the plots from the original sequels were TERRIBLE

leave well enough alone

how about NEW IDEAS??
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    me and my gf agreed, the most far-fetched part of the whole thing was that the indian chick stuck around for 5 years with no wedding ring...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    me and my gf agreed, the most far-fetched part of the whole thing was that the indian chick stuck around for 5 years with no wedding ring...

aah crap i forgot all us women want to get married. :roll:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,548
    for what it's worth, my brother thought it was awesome. he's usually a tough critic and this is not really his favorite genre....
    www.myspace.com
    for what it's worth, my brother thought it was awesome. he's usually a tough critic and this is not really his favorite genre....

nothing like a bunch of apes kicking human arses.... and its always good to see brian cox on the screen.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,811
    they should have added this somewhere in the movie :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMnG3gOqigE
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Gob wrote:
    I didn't think that line was cheesy at all.. Had it not been in the original, no one would even have noticed. It fit....

but it was in the original and those of us who are aware of it cause weve actually seen the originals will think its cheesy... just like in terminator redemption when john connor says, ill be back. not to mention one of the characters(cant remember who) says come with me if you want to live. sure peoples unfamiliar with the original works wont think them cheesy but come on... how are we, knowing where they come from, not suppose to roll our eyes at lines like this.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,548

nothing like a bunch of apes kicking human arses.... and its always good to see brian cox on the screen.

how do you know about brian cox?
    www.myspace.com
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Blu-Ray out Dec 13

:)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    still waiting on HBO to pick it up.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg