Options

2008 NYC fan meetup

1235»

Comments

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i had such a FUN time friday! it makes me so happy to see more and more new people joining in, getting a nice gathering together. sad a couple of the 'regulars' couldn't make it, you were missed...but definitely next time! there seems renewed interest in these meet-ups, bigger and better than ever, and i'm glad! i truly enjoy getting together with all you crazy folks. :D

jason....glad you were able to make a stop in NY and join in, glad spearhead brought you along. ;) and yes spear dear....we it's cool that we can share this love, have great convos, not always see eye to eye on the music...and still share the love and friendship! good stuff.

***DON'T FORGET*** february 22nd.....location TBA. have to check in with cate if she wants a dinner thing, or just a drink thing. i am thinking more a drink thing at the moment.

after friday, i realize we should alternate just what KIND of gathering we do each month. i am thinking, one month dinner/socializing...next month drinks/socializing. i LOVE doing BOTH, but after december's meet i think it's obvious that if we meet for dinner, by the time we're done there's just no time/place to accommodate us elsewhere b/c the bars are already packed. so in the future perhaps, choose to do cool/different restaurants and just make an evening of it there, b/c i love sharing a great meal with you all.....and then the alternate months just choose a cool bar that perhaps we can reserve some 'space' in...with tables/sofas/whatever....perhaps some munchies, but more about drinking/socializng, b/c both are so good! :p

it was most definitely great to have the time and space to move about the group, talk/interact with different people only as you can in a bar when you get there early enough to claim your space. however, i still love the idea of trying new restaurants and sharing a good meal with you too....thus why mix ip up month to month.

that said, i am thinking more than likely another bar meet-up in february, better for a vistor to hang/socialize with everyone, unless some of us manage to meet for dinner earlier than 8. i know i can, but don't know how feasible it is for others. something to think about.

also, we need a cool place for february! pur house was a good space and a great time! however, i am surely up for somewhere new too. i will say, their mixed drinks left a LOT to be desired. i had probably 5 and didn't even catch a buzz. :o sure, i can handle my alcohol, but yea...not that well. :D haha.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    what a great time....

I am so happy I finally made it to a get together, but I wish I got to spend more time talking to a few people. I have the February date marked down in my calendar, so hopefully I will be able to talk to some others.

mooks!!!!!!!!!!! so happy you came - it really was great to finally meet you. you are just as nice, if not nicer than I had expected :)

jose - so happy we finally got to meet but didn't get to talk - hopefully next time.

so good to see everyone else as well - it was a great turn out and a good time. I am looking forward to February. decides2dream - if i think of a place that can accomadate several and has potent mixed rinks for you as well as some good wine, i'll shoot you an email or pm. although the space in the pour house was great. i will put my thinking cap on.

and thanks to sam for organizing :)
  • Options
    Sounds like you all had a really good time. Wish I could have been there. I've got Feb 22nd marked down so I will be there unless another unforeseen cold catches me :p Well I will look forward to seeing you all on the 22nd ^_^
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    mooks!!!!!!!!!!! so happy you came - it really was great to finally meet you. you are just as nice, if not nicer than I had expected :)

Great meeting you as well. As to the "nice" routine, I found out after it was far too late that I couldn't be banned on here for things said at a get together. As such you will see a much different mook next time. Think MookDiceClay. ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    Thanks to all who came out! Sorry I couldn't stay as long as I would have liked, but I was impressed with the turnout!

See you all at the next event in Feb!
  • Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 643
    Very nice seeing everyone and meeting some new people on Friday.

I won't be able to make it on the 22nd (John's brother is getting married upstate that weekend), but I hope to be able to make it to whatever is planned after that.

I think we need to revisit having one of these at the Bohemian Beer Garden in Astoria when the weather gets warmer.
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,321
    that was a great meet up really abunch of cool peeps, met some new people allways nice to do that i hope to get to the next one .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....