Pepsi or Coke?..Have you been saved today

WaveRyderWaveRyder Posts: 1,128
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I moved to Kansas about 2 months ago from South Dakota. There hasn't been much difference noticed between the two states (except a bit more poverty in Kansas) until today. As of 10 a.m. today, every single being I've encountered in Kansas, minus the grumpy gas station clerk, has come off as a genuinely nice person (aka...i didn't walk away from a conversation thinking that person was an asshole.)

This morning, a guy came to my apartment to spray for bugs - a routine maintenance thing I guess - and when he was done, he asked me "You like Pepsi or Coke?"

Perplexed and having no brand loyalty, I said i didnt care. Then he asks if Im prolife or prochoice. I again don't give a damn.

He then goes off about how Pepsi uses aborted fetuses or some shit to enhance taste.

:shock: :shock: :shock: Who are these people finding it proper and suitable to bring up such contentious issues with a perfect stranger?

I knew Kansas had religious nut jobs,.. but I didn't know I'd end up letting one in my home.

He also pissed me off because when I told him I didn't have an opinion, as I get paid to be an objective reporter, he then said "You must be a liberal if you're in the media."

What a dick. I kind of wish the unplugged porch was playing at the time. WOuld have been perfect.

Anywho...thanks for listening.
RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    isn't kansas home to westboro baptist?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • This sounds like that Seinfeld episode where the carpet cleaners try to convert eveyone....except George. Who then gets upset about that.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    81 wrote:
    isn't kansas home to westboro baptist?

Yup. I lived there (Emporia/Lawrence/KC) & there are a LOT of people like the pepsi or coke guy.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I like Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi.
    DS1119 wrote:
    I like Fetus Free Diet Coke.

i agree
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Just got back to my desk with a diet pepsi. Perfect timing!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    probably would have called you communist if you had answered 'Tab'
  • mookieb10mookieb10 Posts: 930
    Absurd bro, i dont care if you're supposed to be objective, that's straight up fetus you are driking when you pop that pepsi, id go with coke!!!
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    next time he comes you should have a written test for him:
    1. do you prefer men or women?
    2. do you fantasize about dead bugs when you are with men or women sexually?
    3. do prefer fetus beer, fetus pepsi, or fetus sweet tea with your fetus pizza?
    4. where do you go for your fake tan?

tell him he has 10 minutes to finish the test or no desert.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I'd complain to the company he works for, that was totally inappropriate.

by the way, Coke all the way :lol:
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    dude how weird

had some witnesses come by selling magazines one morning, back in our drinking days
    not quite sober yet, i asked him in for coffee
    told him i couldn't read
    but i would buy a tv guide
    then my even less sober husband got up in his russia sucks t-shirt and his still pony-tailed hair all askew
    inquiring as to the events in the kitchen
    i stage-whispered he's a serial killer but it's ok i told him we didn't have any
    our guest left his fresh cup of coffee
    scooted back to the witness van with probably the best story of the day
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
    chickweed wrote:
    dude how weird

had some witnesses come by selling magazines one morning, back in our drinking days
    told him i couldn't read
    then my even less sober husband got up in his russia sucks t-shirt and his still pony-tailed hair all askew
    i stage-whispered he's a serial killer but it's ok i told him we didn't have any

any time i get somebody selling something, i just open the door, say no thanks, and shut the door before they can say a word
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    chickweed wrote:
    dude how weird

told him i couldn't read

any time i get somebody selling something, i just open the door, say no thanks, and shut the door before they can say a word

that's where the not quite sober part came in to play
    or came out to play
    either way
    i enjoyed it

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    WaveRyder wrote:
    He then goes off about how Pepsi uses aborted fetuses or some shit to enhance taste.

What the funk? you didn't call him on that absurd statement??
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    WaveRyder wrote:

sometimes, with people like this, it's best to just nod and say uh huh :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Lizard wrote:
    WaveRyder wrote:

damn i miss eyed a times like these

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    chickweed wrote:
    dude how weird

told him i couldn't read

I live on the 2nd floor and discovered the other day that if my kitchen window is open I could use the kitchen sink hose to spray someone who is at my front door
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    edited August 2011
    dude :o

so that's why the pepsi truck stops at the local clinic every day at 2!

and all this time i thought he was innocently filling the vending machines :shock:

do i live a sheltered life or what???? :mrgreen:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    81 wrote:

any time i get somebody selling something, i just open the door, let them in and usually cook them a bite to eat.
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

any time i get somebody selling something, i just open the door, let them in and usually cook them a bite to eat.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    PepsiFetus-610x225.png
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    PepsiFetus-610x225.png

nom nom nom nom
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    that statement is so stupid it is not even on Snopes.
    I looked.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    i think i'll have a Coke, goes better with final_jack_daniels_bottle.9c82kb1inqosc8480k0owggoc.633w6voe0a8swws048wcosgo4.th.jpeg anyway.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,699
    WaveRyder wrote:

Who'd have thunk that was the secret ingredient.
    Coke probably only uses afterbirth, cause its not as sweet as Pepsi.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    StillHere wrote:
    PepsiFetus-610x225.png

nom nom nom nom

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

oh that's just wrong

• JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    I used to work for an environmental consulting company. One day, we were doing a job at a steel mill and someone who works at the mill comes up to my coworker and says, "excuse me, but do you like asbestos?"

Not sure where this is going, my coworker shoots me an "oh, shit" type of look and answers the guy by saying, "No... not particularly."

The guy responds, "Me, neither. I like pussy bestest." and walks away.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    there are a lot of folks like that here in Waco as well....
    went to mail a package at UPS & they girl starts "testifying" to me...
    it was beyond awkward & i was pretty annoyed. she was asking lots of personal questions....

the transaction should have taken 2 minutes tops....around minute 10, i asked to have the package back & left. it was ridiculous. i was being polite at first...but after i'd said "can you just mail this for me, i'm not interested" at least 4 times, i'd had enough. she was shocked when i took it from her hands.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    JTH wrote:
    I used to work for an environmental consulting company. One day, we were doing a job at a steel mill and someone who works at the mill comes up to my coworker and says, "excuse me, but do you like asbestos?"

Not sure where this is going, my coworker shoots me an "oh, shit" type of look and answers the guy by saying, "No... not particularly."

The guy responds, "Me, neither. I like pussy bestest." and walks away.

:lol::lol::lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    mfc2006 wrote:
    there are a lot of folks like that here in Waco as well....
    went to mail a package at UPS & they girl starts "testifying" to me...
    it was beyond awkward & i was pretty annoyed. she was asking lots of personal questions....

the transaction should have taken 2 minutes tops....around minute 10, i asked to have the package back & left. it was ridiculous. i was being polite at first...but after i'd said "can you just mail this for me, i'm not interested" at least 4 times, i'd had enough. she was shocked when i took it from her hands.

are you sure you weren't on an episode of 'Boiling Point'?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless