"I called in because I can;t fucking take it anymore" UPDATE

2»

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,901
    mickeyrat wrote:
    yep, the customers, the boss... all of it out there... is fucking scum. truckers (sorry if you are, or know one... or two) are a, generally, disgusting and vile population. they have this fucking sense of entitlement like you're some fucking servant to them. the prices are terrible there so after the fuckers make you tell them the price on everything they're like, "yeah, screw this place!!". yeah, you are really punishing me by not eating. fuck you asshole. it's not my fault you decided to haul trash for a living, never see your family, smell like shit, and sleep in your truck every night.

they're a bunch of fucking overgrown babies. the manager is a cunt too. over 2 years... no raises... ololllolool.

i really cannot take it much longer.
    well sir, some of us "fucking scum" truck drivers DO appreciate the employees of the overpriced truck stops we are forced to shop at.We're kinda limited on where we can get our trucks into. I myself make an effort to say thank you and have a nice day as we conclude our business. So I'll ask you if you are able to recall any of the pleasant guys and gals you've come in contact with?

BTW, pm me which TS you work at. I wanna say Hello if I'm ever in the area.

Yep, there are a few regulars who are pleasant and kind... and appreciative that they can get good service and shoot the shit with someone for a few. Very few and far between and, hey, I'm sure you're one of them. There is one guy who gives me $1 everytime he comes in for "your kid's piggy bank".... there's another i talk sports at length with.... there's a guy i talk politics with... and then there's a handful of guys who are like, "jesus, what the fuck are you doing working here? you're too smart for this place.". so, yeah, there are some good clean human beings coming through... i prefaced my statement i think saying i didn;t want to offend anyone who IS NOT a scumbag fucker who wipes his ass and sticks the toilet paper to the wall.... or can't rinse his phlegm out of the sink... or his toothpaste... or the ones that leave their BAGS OF FECES AND BOTTLES OF PISS IN THE LOT. Or the ones who dump shit all over the place... coffee, soda, etc and don;t even fucking clean it up.... every now and then there's someone who is like, "i am so sorry man can i have a towel to clean up my mess?" then i say, "oh thank you but don;t worry about it i'll take care of it, have a good day!" It's the fuckers that act like it's my job to clean your shit off the wall, cook your food, ring you out, and suck your &habn while i'm at it because, hey, truckers are rockstars mentaility. the false sense on entitlement. am i being clear yet?

You fucking KNOW this goes on and I'm sure you're smart enough to know, if you're an over the road trucker that THESE ARE THE PEOPLE I'm talking about.... not you.

I hope this will clear up any insinuations... I may have been perceived to have made regarding the population... there are good and bad in every social class... more bad than good in this particular one. :mrgreen:
    Yeah stepping out of the truck , not paying attention, onto a "trashbag" isnt the nicest feeling. I get it. I dont like those fuckers either. Although I'm new to this , I try to act with professionalism. These Dbags give me a bad name.

Keep your chin up man. Something will come your way.
    In the meantime, thanks for what you do. You help make MY day a little easier for what you do.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    i try. good luck out there, drive safe, and stop again, we'll be here! :mrgreen:
  • PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    Wow! What an education this thread is. So sorry for those who have craptacular jobs - that really sucks. Unfortunately, in most of the US, anyway, it's an employers' market - the economy is still bad...and that means they can get away with paying people shit, treating them like shit, etc.

If it's any consolation at all, I was unemployed and completely broke for 17 months, and in the end, had to move 5,000 miles to get work or lose everything, including my house in Atlanta. Fortunately, the job I got up here is okay - the people are nice and the pay is decent. But being an involuntary landlord of a house 5,000 miles away while living in a dinky apartment here blows...and there will be no concerts for me any time soon - no way I can afford to go to the lower 48 for shows...and not Pearl Jam or anyone else will ever play Anchorage.

I guess what I'm saying is that these days, you are not alone in your struggles. Lots of people have had a tough few years, so at least you are in good company. I know that might not help...but it's all I've got in the way of support. Those of us who are struggling or who have struggled fairly recently know how you feel...and hope things get better for you! Get better for us all.
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    i hope they get better for everyone also...