$800/month

DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    bigger than some places i've stayed but i sure as hell wasn't paying 880/month
  • PJ212PJ212 Posts: 822
    That's about right for NYC. I lived in an apartment with no kitchen or closets. I had a dorm fridge, two burners, and a sink. Oh and my bathroom didn't have proper insulation so my shower gel and shampoo would congeal in the winter months.
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 2021: SHN, Ohana 2 & 3, 2022: LA 1 & 2, PHX, OAK 1 & 2, Fresno, MSG, BNA, B&B, STL, OKC, DEN, 2023: MSP 1 & 2, CHI 1 & 2, DFW 2, AUS 1 & 2, 2024: Vancouver 1 & 2, LV 1 & 2, SEA 1 & 2
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Being a sheltered guy from Upsate NY I didn't realize that was that common in NYC.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Hmmm, wonder if i could turn my living room into four apartments
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i couldnt do it... id have to get rid of my books and my music.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    that apartment would drive me insane.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    It's smaller than a prison cell.
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    When my husband and I first moved in together we lived in a 180 sq ft apartment which included a bathroom very small kitchen/living room and bedroom for 2 years. It literally felt like a prison cell as it was concrete with bars on the windows. We didn't have much stuff and it was cheap at only $90 a week but there is no way I could ever go back to that! But 78 sq ft is just crazy!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Bars on windows freak me out....such a fire hazard
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Tell me about it! And there was only 1 door so we would have been screwed if there was a fire in the kitchen :?
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Bars are a must in most major cities for the ground floor. People will climb in and and do bad stuff if you don't have them, it's kinda sad.
    marcos wrote:
    Bars are a must in most major cities for the ground floor. People will climb in and and do bad stuff if you don't have them, it's kinda sad.

That's too bad. No one should have to live behind bars that haven't been convicted of a crime.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,687
    I'm going to keep this handy to show my tenant in case he complains about his rent. Just rented out my 1 1/2 storey house for $850/month
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    we've got a closet bigger than that.

you couldn't pay me to live in that city. i know people love it. but jesus christ...
    www.myspace.com
  • hostishostis Posts: 441
    i couldnt do it... id have to get rid of my books and my music.

kindle and CDs on laptop. more mustic and books than you could ever listen to in comparitively no space.... :D
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    2 big things here.

1- He's living alone which always makes rent way more expensive.
    2- He's in Hell's Kitchen which is now an expensive sought after area.

This guy is a bit of an idiot. You don't have to live like this in NY. Yeah, apartments are always going to be on the small side unless you got big bucks. He should move, get a roomate and get a real apartment.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    eddiec wrote:
    2 big things here.

1- He's living alone which always makes rent way more expensive.
    2- He's in Hell's Kitchen which is now an expensive sought after area.

This guy is a bit of an idiot. You don't have to live like this in NY. Yeah, apartments are always going to be on the small side unless you got big bucks. He should move, get a roomate and get a real apartment.

and then he should get a haircut and... GET A REAL JOB HIPPY! :x :x :x
    www.myspace.com
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    wow that's crazy. I got claustrophobic and anxious just looking at that video! Prison cell, yes, that's what it reminds me of. I imagine he spends alot of time outside. :lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    $10 a square foot. yeah, i wanna live in NY. :roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,824
    we've got a closet bigger than that.

you couldn't pay me to live in that city. i know people love it. but jesus christ...

Yeah, that's fucking ridiculous. My college dorm room was like a mansion compared to that.
    i've lived in military barracks rooms smaller than that with 3 other roommates

obviously i didn't have to pay for it though
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    We live in Manhattan but in a modestly sized one bedroom. Prior we lived in a small studio, but nothing insane like this. Space is definitely limited around here, but that's just nuts right there...
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • I have absolutely no interest in living in NYC (or any other big city). I love my space (indoors and out) way more than anything a big city could offer.

To each their own...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    conman wrote:

Three people in a barrack smaller that that! No wonder all you guys that come out of the military are crazy as fuck. Ahh shit!! I probably just offended someone. ;)
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,722
    I'd rather live in a tree!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

DS1119 wrote:
    conman wrote:

Three people in a barrack smaller that that! No wonder all you guys that come out of the military are crazy as fuck. Ahh shit!! I probably just offended someone. ;)
    actually there were 4 to a room, two sets of bunk beds a desk and 4 wall lockers :crazy:
    conman wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    conman wrote:

actually there were 4 to a room, two sets of bunk beds a desk and 4 wall lockers :crazy:

Four? That's tighter than a nun's...oops, almost did it again. :lol:
    :lol::lol:
  • prljamgirlprljamgirl Posts: 602
    I would lose my mind......
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Ever heard of capsule apartments?

1nagasin.jpg

capsule-hotel.jpg

Capsule_DV_20100517031613.jpg

capsule.jpg?w=300&h=225