My hubby says I'm going through the 'change'

2»

Comments

• Phew..is it hot in here?
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    If symptoms aren't too bad....don't take anything. If they get bad as time goes on.....Bio-identical hormones. You have to get a doctor who is familiar with them, and find a compounding pharmacist to make them up....but they are GREAT!
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm still hot 1sm222thirst_hot.gif
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Its really strange - but every time I see this thread, I start to get Hot !!!! :)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,950
    Yep, you are. NOW you are tattooed!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    man, being female rocks eh?
    ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• MikeackMikeack Posts: 562
    She has probably forgotten she started this thread by now?? LMAO! (in a sweaty fashion of course)
    ADVERTISE your business in my signature space. TOP RATES for limited time only!! lol
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Mikeack wrote:
    She has probably forgotten she started this thread by now?? LMAO! (in a sweaty fashion of course)

Oi cheeky!! Just noticed that you posted in here!! I shall whip you backside when I get downstairs!

UPDATE

Had the blood tests and been back to see the doctor. Bloods were fine, even things that I didn't realise they were testing for were ok. She made a point of telling me my liver was fine - no idea why.

Anyway she said that from all the symptoms I'm having I'm in the bit where my hormones are like a rollercoaster so it could be that the day they took them I was in an OK bit. So she gave me some oestrogen :shifty: pessaries. Which I've decided not to use and I'm reading up on other stuff.

Hey ho this getting older business is very complicated.

:)
  • Claireack wrote:
    Mikeack wrote:

Oi cheeky!! Just noticed that you posted in here!! I shall whip you backside when I get downstairs!

UPDATE

Had the blood tests and been back to see the doctor. Bloods were fine, even things that I didn't realise they were testing for were ok. She made a point of telling me my liver was fine - no idea why.

Anyway she said that from all the symptoms I'm having I'm in the bit where my hormones are like a rollercoaster so it could be that the day they took them I was in an OK bit. So she gave me some oestrogen :shifty: pessaries. Which I've decided not to use and I'm reading up on other stuff.

I think maybe doctors see so many people whose livers have been trashed that they are impressed when they find one in good working order! :lol: I'm always told that mine is just fine as well.

I took estrogen shots VERY briefly but they didn't seem to help at all and actually made my migraines much worse so I quickly ended that. Um, I don't think I'd like what you were given AT ALL. :eh:

I agree about the getting older business. I'd always hoped that by the time I reached menopause medical science would have completely worked out an easy way to deal with it but no such luck. :problem:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Claireack wrote:
    Mikeack wrote:

UPDATE

I think maybe doctors see so many people whose livers have been trashed that they are impressed when they find one in good working order! :lol: I'm always told that mine is just fine as well.

I took estrogen shots VERY briefly but they didn't seem to help at all and actually made my migraines much worse so I quickly ended that. Um, I don't think I'd like what you were given AT ALL. :eh:

I agree about the getting older business. I'd always hoped that by the time I reached menopause medical science would have completely worked out an easy way to deal with it but no such luck. :problem:

Pessaries?! I'm going to need to use them when I start ivf! Oh the things to look forward to!! :lol:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

im planning on one day just waking up and it be done. that happens, right??? ;):lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

im planning on one day just waking up and it be done. that happens, right??? ;):lol:

Funny I was hoping for that too :lol:
    Who Princess - did you use any herbal remedies???
    is this thread ever going away ?!?! ;) only kidding.

I read a little about that oestrogen you mentioned above - I don't know, it has steroid in it. That freaks me out. I hope you think this through before taking anything....

I would try the natural remedies first that a health store may offer. Read up on them as well.

Good luck to you... :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    Mikalina - I had a little chortle to myself, I think this kind of thread may become more common. It's an ageing fan base ;) Shall I start a stress incontinence thread? :think:
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    So glad to hear that everything came back ok for you. Even your liver. :lol:
    Claireack wrote:
    Mikeack wrote:

UPDATE

• Claireack wrote:

Funny I was hoping for that too :lol:
    So was I! Unfortunately, it was more like I woke up one day and was menopausal. Wasn't it supposed to come on gradually? :? :think: :wtf:
  • Claireack wrote:
    Who Princess - did you use any herbal remedies???
    There was something I used for a while that helped with the change in my internal thermostat. I think it was wild yam cream.
  • I'd just like to point out that there are a lot of guys watching this thread. (Thats right...I see u down there...U know who u are ;)8-) )
    And im sure at least one of them has something witty to say about wild yam cream :lol:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• I'd just like to point out that there are a lot of guys watching this thread. (Thats right...I see u down there...U know who u are ;)8-) )
    And im sure at least one of them has something witty to say about wild yam cream :lol:
    Yeah, I knew that as soon as I typed it!
    Claireack wrote:
    Mikalina - I had a little chortle to myself, I think this kind of thread may become more common. It's an ageing fan base ;) Shall I start a stress incontinence thread? :think:

Oh, I agree... but we women will only get better - this is a Pearl Jam forum !!! :D

here is info on natural ways to help by adding certain foods and vitamins.

http://www.todaysdietitian.com/newarchi ... pg10.shtml
    Here's more info.... I think women over 35 should be adding some of these supplements.

http://www.earlymenopause.com/9909.htm
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    ~~~

"WILD YAM CREAM"

...when ordinary yam cream just won't do...

~~~
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    thanks for the info Mikalina! :D