Peyton Manning takes LESS $$ than is offered

2»

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Albert Pujols should be taking some notes right now.

Surprised (maybe not) to see negative comments significantly outnumbering positive comments.

The simple fact is that without Peyton Manning, the Colts would be playing in Los Angeles as we speak. He turned a basketball crazed state into a football crazed state overnight. Forget all the B.S. debates on how many Super Bowl rings he needs to earn before he considered one of the all time greats, he saved NFL football in Indiana.

It has been a privilege to watch his career. Now he gets to play out his final years and retire as a Colt, and he gave Indy the flexibility to retain key players in the process. :thumbup:
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    brother123 wrote:
    I see a woman in the night
    With a baby in her hand
    Under an old street light
    Near a garbage can
    Now she puts the kid away,
    and she's gone to get a hit
    She hates her life,
    and what she's done to it
    There's one more kid
    that will never go to school
    Never get to fall in love,
    never get to be cool.

fucking ridiculous. Pro sports are a fucking joke yet I love my teams..... The amount of money these people make can help fight poverty and such like

fighting poverty and the like isn't all about money. playing Robin Hood won't make all the worlds problems go away.
    but why not try?
    who wants to sit their fat ass on so much wealth their head spins while helping no one out?
    like that asshole in the sand over there in the oil fields who had his LARGE NAME DUG IN THE DESERT.
    that guy should be drug out into the desert and beat for a week or 12, frickin prick.

i am calling him a frickin prick, not you, pauldavid.

thread integrity... "sports guy" should be eating bologna sandwiches every tuesday night just to feel hungry from time to time. i almost referred to "sports guy" as "dickhead" but he may be a decent guy. hopefully he's feeding people.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • And in other news, seniors and people with disabilities may not get their social security cheques next week. what a messed up society.

it doesn't have to be all doom and gloom all the time, friend. just light fluffy fare for those who need a dose of anti-reality every now and again.

It's all reality, I was just putting it all in perspective.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    some of you people have no faith in the human spirit.

it's all relative people. people in ethiopia could use US as an example of greedy rich bastards who spend money on band fan clubs rather than sending money to the poor.

If they look at us as greedy bastards for spending 50 a year on a music band fan club site what would they think about a quarterback who gets payed 18 million a year for playing a game! :) I'm just saying...
  • DS1119 wrote:
    some of you people have no faith in the human spirit.

it's all relative people. people in ethiopia could use US as an example of greedy rich bastards who spend money on band fan clubs rather than sending money to the poor.

If they look at us as greedy bastards for spending 50 a year on a music band fan club site what would they think about a quarterback who gets payed 18 million a year for playing a game! :) I'm just saying...

I totally get that, I'm just saying in relative terms, they wouldn't be able to even fathom that kind of wealth. They probably don't even know it exists. they probably don't even know our kind of wealth.

all I'm saying is who are we to judge? we are wealthy to others too and spend money on frivolous things and most of us don't do enough to help the needy while we make more than we need.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    23 million a year for the next 3 years

thanks for sacrificing Peyton
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Jon ChorbaJon Chorba Posts: 268
    Steeler's players do this all the time. It's why they are THE GREATEST FRANCHISE IN NFL HISTORY!

If You Like Crunchy Guitar Riffs, Powerful Vocals, Melodic Guitar Solos, And Meaningful Lyrics..then you need to check out one of the most refreshing new hard rock bands in quite some time...-->The Liberty Underground<--
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    Peyton is just the best, there are few who compare to him in terms of outright awesomeness in how he goes about everyday life. His dad raised him to be humble, think about the team first, and to give back to those who gave to him in fan support and community support.

If all pro-athletes, no people, conducted their business and life like Peyton, the world would be a better place.
    What did he learn when he sexually assaulted women in college and had daddy cover it up? Truly humbling I'm sure. :roll: Too bad we didn't have twitter back then or he would have definitely been caught pulling a "Brett Favre", and we wouldn't have this stupid story about how "humble" and "hard working" he is.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    One thing I gotta say ... the "oh man, pro athletes make too much money, it's fucking ridiculous" argument is so old.

You want to put a stop to excessive sports salaries? Cut off their supply of money!

Don't go to games. Don't buy the merch. Don't get Sunday Ticket. Don't watch ESPN (at least that shouldn't be too tough). Don't buy the products on their commercials.

The owners and players are simply splitting a pie we all create, so we need only to look at ourselves if we're sick of how much they make.

What they do after they get their huge checks (be charitable vs. be the next star on MTV Cribs) ... sure, you can criticize that. But they make what the market dictates, and we are all the market.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    jimed14 wrote:
    One thing I gotta say ... the "oh man, pro athletes make too much money, it's fucking ridiculous" argument is so old.

You want to put a stop to excessive sports salaries? Cut off their supply of money!

Don't go to games. Don't buy the merch. Don't get Sunday Ticket. Don't watch ESPN (at least that shouldn't be too tough). Don't buy the products on their commercials.

The owners and players are simply splitting a pie we all create, so we need only to look at ourselves if we're sick of how much they make.

What they do after they get their huge checks (be charitable vs. be the next star on MTV Cribs) ... sure, you can criticize that. But they make what the market dictates, and we are all the market.
    i'll use my get out of jail free card here ;) they're making $0.03 off of me over the next 19 years because i bought a groin cup autographed by manute bol, spud web, and richard petty :wtf:

other than that i'm clear as can be
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce