Options

i think i'm an idiot!!!! Seriously..

2»

Comments

• Options
    well .. add me to the idiot/confession list ... I've been a fan since '92 as well, and also never knew about the unreleased Jeremy video ... thanks for the links/enlightenment :)
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    Only if MTV/Vh1 still plays music video, eh? ;)

Alternative Nation was the last good music show, I think it ended like '96 I was about 14.

alternative nation was great. i used to love their annual tour. I think they might have done two. Does that count as annual or something that happened twice?
    I like bands.
  • Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    You're not an idiot just young
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Options
    TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    Wow, that made me feel unbelievably old. I remember running home from 7th grade to see the World Premiere Video!. Wow, at 31 I'm ancient!
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    you can't see this video today for the first time and understand the impact it had when it came out 15 fucking years ago!!(or so)
    none of you will "get it" as far as why it was so big/controversial just because you had to have grown up in that era.ya know?

and seeing "wild eyes" on his stool roaring away! i remember being like "WOW..i like this guy!!"
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    you can't see this video today for the first time and understand the impact it had when it came out 15 fucking years ago!!(or so)
    none of you will "get it" as far as why it was so big/controversial just because you had to have grown up in that era.ya know?

and seeing "wild eyes" on his stool roaring away! i remember being like "WOW..i like this guy!!"

Dude, they're all talking about the unreleased Jeremy video. Not the video that played on MTV or the banned version of that video where they show the kid putting the gun in his mouth.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oNO6pAJBCs4
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    oh,my bad.

yeah i remember this version.seen it a while back for the first time on the net too.
  • Options
    PearlJen401PearlJen401 Posts: 233
    Slip Kid wrote:
    You're not an idiot just young

I can't even use that as an excuse, cause I'm not young either :D

I was obsessed with the original Jeremy video though. Mtv used to have a show in the morning with the top videos and everyday I would wait for it. I saw "this man" singing and the emotion and was very intrigued. Even though I was already a fan I'd never seen him before, or any of them for that matter.
    “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    totally pathetic

edit: oh sorry, thanks to you, I have noew seen the band version, for the first time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNO6pAJBCs4
    i like sound...
  • Options
    totally pathetic

edit: oh sorry, thanks to you, I have noew seen the band version, for the first time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNO6pAJBCs4

You too? Then what were you calling me pathetic about???

or are you just messing with me?? :)
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    i thought you meant the mtv version... so i sarcastically wrote, "totally pathetic", then i went thru the thread and realized i was pathetic too.
    i like sound...
  • Options
    i thought you meant the mtv version... so i sarcastically wrote, "totally pathetic", then i went thru the thread and realized i was pathetic too.

LOL. :D

hey at least we found it now!
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    so how long did it take you to join the fan club? or the message pit? miss 37 posts strong!
    i like sound...
  • Options
    damn it... i always find the answers after i post... i see jun08. what took you so long?
    i like sound...
  • Options
    damn it... i always find the answers after i post... i see jun08. what took you so long?

I joined the fan club in i think it was 93. I have never been on a message board and was on the website one day looked at the pit and decided it was about time. (again i'm an idiot, remember ;) ) I see I've been missing out on alot of great people over the years.
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    NO, I'M THE IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

read this
    :D
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=295337
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    NO, I'M THE IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

read this
    :D
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=295337

:D Hey, at least we can laugh at ourselves
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    Only if MTV/Vh1 still plays music video, eh? ;)

Alternative Nation was the last good music show, I think it ended like '96 I was about 14.
    awwww MAN do i miss alt nation!!! the good old days... headbangers ball was a classic too... and what was it, 90 mins or something? ahhhhh the good ol days...
    Up here so high I start to shake...
    Up here so high the sky I scrape...
    I'm so high I hold just one breath here within my chest...
    Just like my innocence...
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    :D Hey, at least we can laugh at ourselves

if i don't laugh, i'd be crying all the time. :)
    sense of humor is the way to go.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    alexers wrote:
    I've never seen it either. Of course, I was 2 years old when Jeremy came out but I mean... still. :)

Fuckin' eh!!! You just made my ass feel hella old...lol.

Peace,

RM