Options

Your little kids favorite PJ Song

Comments

• Options
    In my house, my 2 and 4 year old sons throw out requests like the guys Eddie loves to hate...Their two favorites come from the Live at the Garden DVD...
    1. The first pitch DOWN

2. The "COME ON" version of FORTUNATE SON

Playing either one immediately invokes instant air guitar w/windmill, jump kicks, and lots and lots of POGO!!!

Their mom hates me :)
  • Options
    StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    Cael's Dad wrote:
    In my house, my 2 and 4 year old sons throw out requests like the guys Eddie loves to hate...Their two favorites come from the Live at the Garden DVD...
    1. The first pitch DOWN

2. The "COME ON" version of FORTUNATE SON

Playing either one immediately invokes instant air guitar w/windmill, jump kicks, and lots and lots of POGO!!!

Their mom hates me :)

but your kids will love you always :)

Peace
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ

• Options
    JasonTeckJasonTeck St. Louis, MO Posts: 179
    My daughter really likes the song from Lollapalooza about not going to BP Amoco. It was her first concert, but since she was only 3 at the time, she understood the lyrics to say "No Go Pee Pee at Amoco"
    1992 - Lollapalooza - St. Louis
    1994 - St. Louis
    1998 - St. Louis
    2000 - St. Louis
    2003 - St. Louis
    2007 - Lollapalooza - Chicago
    2008 - Eddie Vedder Solo - Chicago
    2010 - St. Louis
    2011 - Eddie Vedder Solo - St. Louis
    2014 - St. Louis
    2016 - New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival
    2018 - Wrigley Field - Chicago
    2022 - St. Louis & Oklahoma City
    2023 - Chicago N1 & N2
  • Options
    JasonTeck wrote:
    "No Go Pee Pee at Amoco"
    lmao- love it :D
    "I heard some people up here pointing out the ukelele...it's a mandolin, you uncultured bastards!" EV

If nothing is everything, I'll have it all

Hard to Imagine: http://lightyourpillow.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    Big Wave, Marker in the Sand (how come he only had one marker & how's he gonna draw now?) and Rearviewmirror
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    dawngdawng Posts: 644
    My kids love PJ!

My 6 year old loves Bugs, Tuolumne (the just music song he calls it), and Hard Sun (yah, I know - EV not PJ).

My 11 year old daughter is really getting into the Into the Wild album - she's even asked me to leave my keys in the car when we get home so she can have a 'driveway moment' with her and Ed :) so cute! Her current favorite is Society. She also likes I am Mine and Bushleager.
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    my little girl likes driftin.

because of the harmonica. :D

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    EisiEisi Posts: 61
    Betterman and Long Road

She´s only 5 months old and i´ve been singing PJ lullaby´s to her since day one :)

Got to get to them when their young, right?
    Gordon Brown is fuckin' clown
  • Options
    pink1969pink1969 Posts: 245
    My 9 yo son loves Yellow Ledbetter. My 16 yo daughter loves alot of PJ songs, too (can't pick just one). It's so cool to be able to enjoy my favorite band with my kids!!
    Shine on all you crazy diamonds!!!!
    Angel

Are we getting something out of this......all encompassing trip?

Paramount, NYC '94; Randall's Island, NYC '96; Brendan Byrne, NJ '98;
    EV solo, NYC 1 '08; EV solo, NJPAC '08; Philadelphia, PA 10/30/2009;
    Hartford, CT '10; Newark, NJ '10
  • Options
    NewDamageNewDamage Posts: 1,913
    My son goes through the house all the time singing "why go home...why go home"
    I am lost, I'm no guide. But I'm by your side...

8/25/92, 10/4/96, 10/5/96, 9/1/98, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/16/08
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,325
    My nine-year-old's favorite PJ song is "Black." That makes me worry, at times. He also loves "Betterman" and "Red Dot," of all songs. He has been really into "Why Go" since we took him to Mansfield 1. I mentioned in the fanview thread that when PJ played "Black" and "Betterman" back to back that night, there was not a happier kid on the planet. :-)
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    My 5 year old loves Spin the Black Circle. His name is Zack so I usually sing it as Spin the Zack Circle. That's his favorite hands down.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    even though he told me that PJ "sucks eggs" a few weeks ago, I caught him singing "Alive" to himself while I was cooking dinner. It turned into a sing-along. Who knows? After we are guitar masters, we may start a band! LOL

When he was a baby (and I had almost forgotten about this), I would play "Last Kiss" for him on my computer. Microsoft used to have this cow that would dance to music. He loved it! :)
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    My 12 year old's is "Unemployable"

my 9 year olds is "even flow" at the moment because it's on guitar hero.
    “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    Lizardking wrote:
    Sidebar: My daughters friend Tommy was here, and my boy starts saying "Hello Tom, Come Down Tom." Was funny shit!!

I don't have kids, so I don't know why I'm even reading this thread, but I just have to say that this is fucking hilarious.
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • Options
    porch4294porch4294 Posts: 123
    My son is only 1 1/2 so he not saying which one is his favorite yet, but...

He often goes to my wife's CD player (the one that's in his reach), turns it on & skips to Into the Wild (the rest of the CDs are my wife's slow music), so he has good taste. He starts dancing & really gets excited for Far Behind.

Courdory really gets his bouncing too.
  • Options
    cd21millercd21miller Columbia, MO Posts: 302
    nine year old (10 on sept. 11 -- the 10 year anniversary of the MSG show) bounces around a bit, but some previous favorites: sad, big wave, life wasted and come back.

she also loved LROM at her first concert (mansfield 1) this past summer, but the one that takes the cake -- always -- is even flow and mike's solo. maybe a little credit to guitar hero for that, but when i hear her talking to her friends in her room MAKING them listen, then i know it's true love.

as for the 4 year old...she's a big corduroy and "big hard sun" fan. for a while, it was nonstop "why go" from lolla last year ("mommy and daddy were there"), which meant that i spent half my summer with my hand on the volume during the "she's been diagnosed...by some stupid (turn volume down)..."

such is the price of effective parenting...

;-)
  • Options
    _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    My 3 & 5 year olds have three favorites. Bugs, Smile and Satan's Bed. They go cuckoo when any of these songs come on and get all giggly. it's cute. :)
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    coach pjcoach pj Posts: 215
    So, I was making my 5 year old a CD for a long family trip and he is starting to get into his old man's music. First up was Paradise City and Back in Black but he told me he wanted to put a PJ song next. I started telling him titles and playing little snipits and when he got to one song his face lit up and shouted that THAT was the one.

The choice was Brain of J. The logic is hysterical. His best friend is Jason and he thinks this is a song about J. He calls it Jay's Brain and does not stop listening to it and made me make a copy for J.

So what is your kids favorite, young or old and anecdotes are encouraged.

Good morning and have a great day!

My four year old daughter absolutely loves severed hand and wws. My seven year old daughter absolutely cannot get enough of why go. I took the seven year old to three east coast PJ shows and she loved alive as well. We live on the west coast and I took her to two EV shows and her favorite was trouble.
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    pjamamy wrote:
    I don't have kids, so I don't know why I'm even reading this thread, but I just have to say that this is fucking hilarious.

Don't let the cute little kids story confuse you into having kids, they poop alot and when they reach teenage years they are just shits....LOL
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    my youngest is 12 - when he was little tho for years and years called even flow the 'butterfly song' :D

now he can play it on his guitar, and has seen the guys live once - and yea, sang along to the butterfly song at the top of his voice when they played it
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    bernmodibernmodi Posts: 631
    My daughter is 8. She loves Leavin here, RITFW, WWS and Big Wave.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Lizardking wrote:
    Don't let the cute little kids story confuse you into having kids, they poop alot and when they reach teenage years they are just shits....LOL

LOL!
    Those teenage years scare me!!! I'm not looking forward to that...

OMG! and I'm trying to have another baby??!!?? I must be crazy! :eek:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Lizardking wrote:
    My 6 year old likes many, but he said yesterday when we were driving around "Given To Fly" but his eyes always light up when ""Do The Evolution". When we just did a long road trip a couple weeks ago, he pretty much sang the words to every PJ song.

Sidebar: My daughters friend Tommy was here, and my boy starts saying "Hello Tom, Come Down Tom." Was funny shit!!

LMAO!!!
    Kevin is the bomb! My son and yours need to hang out together! :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    LOL!
    Those teenage years scare me!!! I'm not looking forward to that...

OMG! and I'm trying to have another baby??!!?? I must be crazy! :eek:

don't be scared... my teenage sons are great :D
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    88mmm88mmm Posts: 4
    My daughter Payton is 18 Months and she love the ITW songs. Every time she heres the first little picks off the Mandolin from Rise she gets a big smile. She came to me with the iPOD the other day and asked for Eddie, I thought it was pretty cute.
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    My 3 and 5 year old love PJ and they'll sing along to most songs when they're on the stereo, but my 12 yr old has developed such a love for Ten and Riot Act that whenever I want to play them I have to go recover my cd's from her room. I barely need to play them myself anymore as I can hear her playing them at full volume and singing along on an almost daily basis.

I think she's a future 10c member in the making :D
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    she loves all specially alive
    and marker in the sand
  • Options
    MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    My Girls are 6, 4 and 6 months.

Whenever the baby cries, the other two will sing "It's OK" to her to calm her down.

.....and Daddy is grinning ear to ear
  • Options
    nooramnooram Posts: 389
    in '98 my stepdaughter would have me play Lukin' repeatedly when we were in the car. It would have served me well to make a cassette that only contained that song. However, it got to the point where I could rewind to the exact starting point of the song.

My 9 year old daughter loves Big Wave and the whole ITW album.
    Seattle 8/91, MPLS 3/92, St Paul 8/92, Denver 6/95, Missoula 6/98, MPLS 6/98, Albuquerque 10/00, Seattle 12/02, St Paul 6/03, Thunder Bay 9/05, DC 5/06, St Paul x2 6/06, Vancouver (EV) 4/08, DC 6/08, Chicago x2 8/09, KC 5/10, MPLS (EV) 7/11, Chicago 7/13, St Paul 10/14, Santiago 11/15, Missoula 8/18, Denver 9/22, Saint Paul 8/23, Saint Paul 9/23