Options

Your little kids favorite PJ Song

Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
edited August 2008 in The Porch
So, I was making my 5 year old a CD for a long family trip and he is starting to get into his old man's music. First up was Paradise City and Back in Black but he told me he wanted to put a PJ song next. I started telling him titles and playing little snipits and when he got to one song his face lit up and shouted that THAT was the one.

The choice was Brain of J. The logic is hysterical. His best friend is Jason and he thinks this is a song about J. He calls it Jay's Brain and does not stop listening to it and made me make a copy for J.

So what is your kids favorite, young or old and anecdotes are encouraged.

Good morning and have a great day!
GoiMTvP.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    for the longest time, my 11 yr olds favorite was crazy mary...she'd call it the take a bottle song
    in the car she'd tell me, mom put on the take a bottle song

her current favorite is anything off of into the wild
    she plays her copy more than i play mine
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,752
    My kids love Society (not PJ but close). Which works out well for me, cause when they start whining about wanting something I break out the ole "Do you think you have to want more than you need?" line. Once in a while, it makes them think about whether they're being too materialistic - I don't think its has actually made them not want something they want yet, but at least they THINK about it. :)
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    huck5huck5 Posts: 91
    Big Wave, Alive, and Life Wasted.

Boys are 7 and 4. Seven year old loved the Columbia concert, until he got a little sick.
  • Options
    jked3jked3 Posts: 167
    My older three boys (7, 5, and 3) love the band. They cover PJ in the basement playroom with their Wiggles guitars and overturned toy bins as drums. Their favorite song is Life Wasted. It's the funniest thing you'd ever see.
    Columbia 96/98;Randall's Island 96;Tibetan Freedom 97;Late Show 98;Camden 98/00/03/06/08;E Rutherford 98/06;MSG 98/03/08;VF Choice (DC) 98;Uniondale 03;State College 03;Holmdel 03;VF Change (Reading) 04;AC 05;Philly 05; Lolla 07.....[EV Newark 08]
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    My 9 year old - Do the Evolution
    My 7 year old - Gremmie outta control
    My 4 year old - (this is tough because he can sing a few) but I'm going to go with Immortality.

:D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    I use to nanny for two boys. I was their nanny from the time they were 2, until they were 4. Well they always loved when we would drive around and listen to music. Pearl Jam was one of their favorite bands to listen to. They would ask me "Annie can we listen to Pearl Jam please" and how could I say no? :) There favorite songs were Given to Fly(live) and Hard to Imagine which they would take out their little guitar, keyboard, and drums and start jamming with the guys... It was so cute!
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    I don't have kids but I do have 2 cats and at the expense of all of you thinking I'm crazy..........

Whenever I have Pearl Jam playing (and I ususally have music going - typically on my computer) they run up to the speakers and sit down. So I think they have become so used to Pearl Jam that it's become their favorite, or at least comfortable to them! I swear!

And I don't have little computer speakers, I have a speaker system hooked up so it's easy for them to get up close to the speakers. Other people have noticed this too, it's cool.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • Options
    My 5yo son has a few different ones...Last Kiss(he would make me play it OVER and Over again. He also asks if Ed sings it for me.), Wolf ( he says Ed is singing to the dead, very insightful I thought), SOLAT (because it's so much fun to dance with Mommy during this one)

My 3 1/2 yo daughter LOVES them all but i have to guess she loves Hard Sun the best because that's the one she knows all of the words to. You really must hear her sing in the car...way too cute.

My children (ok just the younger two) are AVID Pearl Jam and Eddie fans. They, just like their mother, won't let anyone play any other music in the car. Yes I know, I've trained them quite well!
  • Options
    jked3 wrote:
    My older three boys (7, 5, and 3) love the band. They cover PJ in the basement playroom with their Wiggles guitars and overturned toy bins as drums. Their favorite song is Life Wasted. It's the funniest thing you'd ever see.
    This is what youtube is for! Let us know when it is up :)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    If I say Spin Spin - my 2 kids will jump in with "spin the black circle"...

My little 5 year old just loves Leash! And he sings "rockin in the free world" all the time....but I think he is used to Uncle Neil on that one.
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    My 8 year old daughter loves DTE.I took her to her first PJ concert in June.She went nuts when they played it.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    Way cool thread!!! I was just thinking about the need to discuss such important issues with other PJ parents! :D

Let's see- my six year old LOVES Alive... my 3 year old is more into Let Me Sleep & my 18 month old will dance to ANY Pearl Jam- his recent fav though is Hitchhiker, so go figure!

Three completely different kids, three completely different tastes in the same band... now how cool is that?
    "I heard some people up here pointing out the ukelele...it's a mandolin, you uncultured bastards!" EV

If nothing is everything, I'll have it all

Hard to Imagine: http://lightyourpillow.blogspot.com
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    My 4 year-old daughter LOVES "Don't Gimme No Lip". She'll sing it to her little brother when he says no to her
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    My 4 year-old daughter LOVES "Don't Gimme No Lip". She'll sing it to her little brother when he says no to her
    now that's just too freakin' cute!
    "I heard some people up here pointing out the ukelele...it's a mandolin, you uncultured bastards!" EV

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018
    I don't have kids, but my fish at home like to rock out to Lukin, of course ;)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    shekkieshekkie Posts: 79
    Its a Toss-Up between Masters of War and Brain of J for my 6 Year Old Nephew. It sends chills down my spine watching him try and sing the Lyrics of the Master's of War from Lolla 07' when Ed came out with Ben Harper.
    9/24/96 8/25/98 9/5/00 4/25/03 4/26/03 10/2/04 9/28/05 5/20/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 5/30/06 6/23/06 6/24/06 8/2/07 8/5/07 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08 10/27/09 10/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 5/4/10 5/9/10 10/11/13
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    10 year old son - It has always been Do The Evolution, but recently Even Flow. He loves to watch Mike play the solo behind his head.

7 year old daughter - Crazy Mary. She calls it "The Bottle Song" too.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:

Haha! While watching PJ boots on Betamax!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    I'd love to see the fish rockin' out, but a bunch of lil Lukin's would be cute too LOL

• Options
    MYLUV4PJMYLUV4PJ Posts: 15
    i have 16yr. old son who loves Pearl Jam, he has so many favorites. but the cool thing about this story is my boyfriend of 5yrs. is the one who turned him on to Pearl Jam. So my son has been taking gutiar lessons for about a year and half and is learning a Pearl Jam song for him for his birthday in Oct. how cool is that!! He won't even tell me what song he's learning. lol cute...
  • Options
    MYLUV4PJ wrote:
    i have 16yr. old son who loves Pearl Jam, he has so many favorites. but the cool thing about this story is my boyfriend of 5yrs. is the one who turned him on to Pearl Jam. So my son has been taking gutiar lessons for about a year and half and is learning a Pearl Jam song for him for his birthday in Oct. how cool is that!! He won't even tell me what song he's learning. lol cute...
    keep us posted- i'd love to know what he ends up playing! :D

pearl jam babies are just the coolest!

• Options
    NewmanUSPSNewmanUSPS Posts: 242
    My 4 yr old son loves Severed Hand and Life Wasted. He knows all the lyrics.
    Most people with low self-esteem have earned it.
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    My 6 year old likes many, but he said yesterday when we were driving around "Given To Fly" but his eyes always light up when ""Do The Evolution". When we just did a long road trip a couple weeks ago, he pretty much sang the words to every PJ song.

Sidebar: My daughters friend Tommy was here, and my boy starts saying "Hello Tom, Come Down Tom." Was funny shit!!
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    I have a four-year-old half sister who I've totally 'converted'. Her favourites as far as I can tell are Wishlist, Society and Love, Reign O'er Me. Watching her try to match Ed scream for scream on that one is absolutely priceless! :) It makes my dad cringe, haha. She goes on and on about Eddie as if he is her best friend or something and always requests Eddie songs in the car, even though my stepmom is not really a fan. She never actually calls them Pearl Jam, just Eddie or the "Eddie songs" but when my grandmother once asked her who this Eddie person was that she was talking about, she answered, at the age of 2 I might add, "Pearl Jam, silly!" I went to visit them in Connecticut in June (conveniently planned for the Hartford show :D) and she was just ecstatic that I was going to see PJ, but she got pretty upset when I actually left. She just kept saying, "I want to see Eddie too!" I wish I could have taken her, but I think 4 is just too young to be taking someone else's little one to a big loud rock concert. I wish I had been able to take her to the solo shows I saw though; she would have loved those.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    gozzo5058gozzo5058 Posts: 611
    my 8 year old daughter's favorite pj tunes (albeit covers) are rockin in the free world and last kiss

my 13 year old son's favorite songs are do the evolution and big wave, however he discovers a new pj song that 'is cool' every time we're in the car driving...
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    Lizardking wrote:
    Sidebar: My daughters friend Tommy was here, and my boy starts saying "Hello Tom, Come Down Tom." Was funny shit!!
    LOL! Too damn funny......

I still wonder to this day why Tom was so mad at Ed? Or am I just being a moron here?

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,135
    My 13 month old loves to bounce to Lukin....it's a good thing that you can't understand the lyrics. ;)

Other than that, she likes about all music the same right now...which is an awful lot!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    My two kids have the PJ virus. My daughter is 8 and my son is 4. They both love Even Flow because they can play it on Guitar Hero. When the are in car seats on a drive somewhere, they start singing the song. My daughter has started branching out into other PJ tunes, right now she is into Light Years! What a slam dunk song for her to listen to. My son also likes to listen to Yellow Ledbetter, he says it sounds funny to say.
  • Options
    My 7 y/o son likes "Wishlist" and "Last Kiss" (much to my chagrin). ;)

My 10 y/o son pretends to be cool and won't admit he likes Pearl Jam but he doesn't walk out of the room when my sister and I sing "Alive" on SingStar Amped! Further, I know he likes watching the "DTE" video on my computer (and he definitely didn't turn down the EV guitar pick I scored last week).

:)
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • Options
    StaffanStaffan Posts: 606
    My 2 yr old son is constantly asking me to put on Last Kiss, over & over & over again, I've now made a compilation of 10 live versions to have in the car.

at home he runs to get his ukulele and jumps around saying mike, mike, mike
    and singing some parts, it's like

hm hm hm hm aaaaaaa.... baby be.....la la la la la away from me hm hm la la..

everytime he does it I try to get it on film, but no luck yet.....

Peace
    Everyday................is Pearl Jam Day.

Except Sundays, that's Ed day.

The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. FZ