Options

What would you do?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    EmBleve wrote:
    oh yes I did! :lol::lol: can't you tell I am bored??
    :lol: me,too. Although I'm supposed to be cleaning.. but I haven't seen any camel toes on here, thankfully. :lol::lol: what an avatar that would be. gross out.

thumbnail.aspx?q=987914579507&id=7b4ccfab5e7bfcbcfdd9b35b98f8e12d&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.funnyasfcuk.com%2fimages%2fCamel.jpg
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Lizard wrote:
    norm wrote:
    it's the people that recognize you by your ankles that you have to worry about

yours are easy to spot!
    Flower-Ankle-Tattoo.jpg

last time i go on a mescal bender with you! :twisted:
  • Options
    I've met a few people at a wishlist fundraiser, and felt silly asking "what's your board name"... I recognized Ms.Wes.C.Addle from her avatar at the Noblesville show (we were parked near her) and then again sitting near her EV night 2 in Chicago, but didn't say hello, because, well, it seems creepy to say "Hey, I recognize you from the internet."

I give Davidtrios a big smooch everytime I run into him.

PJ20 will be different though. There will be lots of hugsies.

We should all change our avatars to actual photos and real names to prepare us?? My pic is really me, and my given name is loveontwolegs.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    :lol:

just look for the red truck with PJ blasting.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    sheila0225 wrote:
    I'd say ciao! But only because I'm friendly and outgoing. i think I say "Hi" or "hey" or "ciao" to pretty much anyone who makes eye contact with me. But that's just me.

But if I see you outside of these boards and I don't recognize you...it's probably b/c you have an outdated picture of yourself on here from 5 years ago b/c you like how you look in it. But in reality you look NOTHING or EVEN CLOSELY like that currently. :lol::lol::lol: I've had it happen already.

nah...I am pretty up to date with my photo...I feel like I am lying if I don't have something current... :?

So do I...the only way one wouldn't recognize me is if...
    A-I have straight hair and you met once before with curly hair
    B-You met me with curly hair and now I have straight.
    c-I came incognito with a hat on. :lol:
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    EmBleve wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:
    I'd say ciao! But only because I'm friendly and outgoing. i think I say "Hi" or "hey" or "ciao" to pretty much anyone who makes eye contact with me. But that's just me.

But if I see you outside of these boards and I don't recognize you...it's probably b/c you have an outdated picture of yourself on here from 5 years ago b/c you like how you look in it. But in reality you look NOTHING or EVEN CLOSELY like that currently. :lol::lol::lol: I've had it happen already.
    how could I have failed to mention you?? :D you, too.

:D:D
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    chickweed wrote:
    i would absolutely say hi
    i'm planning on meeting several board buddies at pj20
    five fucking weeks baby

I know!! Only 49 days until the how I am going to!! :mrgreen:

well then,
    we should say hi
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,908
    81 wrote:
    :lol:

just look for the red truck with PJ blasting.
    and a different driver on the way back!!!! ;)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    Well I won't be at PJ20 :( and as much as I love my Phillies troll, I really don't resemble it at all :D
  • Options
    Absolutely. I don't know anyone well enough to recognize on the street yet though. Plus nobody in their right mind would come to mid Missouri so the chances of me running into anyone here are pretty small.
    Emily
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I wanted to say 'hi' to people at the Ed pre-party, but it was bonkers at the bar...Laura kept getting dragged here and there, and I thought I spotted someone I knew...but I don't really 'talk' to him on here, and he walked by me so fast, by the time I realized it was him, he was across the room.

I don't look like my avatar either...I'll save the shock factor for PJ20. 8-)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    There's a few on here that I would just say - Hello and HUGS - Lots of Hugs !!!! :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I don't look like my avatar either...

i'm looking for blue nails
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I don't look like my avatar either...

i'm looking for blue nails

i may have to wear closed toe shoes that weekend... :|

;)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,067
    I think its best to keep the real world and ten club world separate for the most part.
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    I think its best to keep the real world and ten club world separate for the most part.

This made me think of George Costanza....WORLDS ARE COLLIDING JERRY!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I'm hugging my monitor right now.

oh, yeah, and I'm not wearing pants.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm hugging my monitor right now.

oh, yeah, and I'm not wearing pants.

oregonian_bl_eye.gif

Would you say "Hello/Bonjour/Hola" if you recognized member from the board while you were out and about, but you haven't met in person and only know their username.

I would, because that's just being friendly because I recognized them.

So what would you do?
    I thought this was a trick question :lol:
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    If I saw Speedy I would tackle him with a big bear hug 8-) Not sure I would recognize most of the rest of you :oops: :ugeek:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    i'd say hello.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    That's great to know...most of the people here are pretty cool... :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,908
    Would you say "Hello/Bonjour/Hola" if you recognized member from the board while you were out and about, but you haven't met in person and only know their username.

So what would you do?
    I'd probably run the other way. You people are nuts!!!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    tinkerbelltinkerbell New Zealand Posts: 2,161
    I highly doubt this will ever happen to me... :(
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,763
    If you see me out there just say, "Hey, nice PJ 20 button!"
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    There are very few people I recognize from this board, and it's because I've seen their images for years, and I'm probably friends with them on facebook. I would give them a hug hello. Even you, BostonLou!!!!!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    my mommy told me not to talk to strangers :|
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

So what would you do?

how would i recognise them if ive never met them before?

and anyway i dont approach people.. though i did strike up a conversation with a man in the cemetery on sunday.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say