Options

PEARL JAM TWENTY WORLD PREMIERE @ THE TORONTO FILM FESTIVAL

Comments

• Options
    TrixieTrixie Posts: 179
    Out of curiousity, was anyone on this Board successful in securing tickets last Saturday morning during the public on-sale for the Premier screening on Sept. 10th?
  • Options
    Like a couple others...I got to the point of clicking buy after submitting all my info...only for TIFF Online to freeze in the middle of processing my card... 6 hours of trying to call and get back online was greeted by OFF SALE... horrible saturday for me... though watching the tweets for the concert did help...a tad...
  • Options
    Trixie wrote:
    Out of curiousity, was anyone on this Board successful in securing tickets last Saturday morning during the public on-sale for the Premier screening on Sept. 10th?

I'm pretty sure that tickets for the premiere sold out during the initial scheduling process. I say this because I requested 4 tickets for the screening and only ended up with 2. That doesn't happen until they don't have the seats available.
  • Options
    kid canadakid canada Toronto Posts: 443
    Trixie wrote:

I was. I had just gone through airport security in Toronto for the flight to Milwaukee and was able to get two tix after hitting refresh on the ol' Blackberry a few times. On-sale at 7:00 a.m., I had the tickets at around 7:08.

And for anyone curious, they're general admission.
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • Options
    kid canada wrote:
    Trixie wrote:

I was. I had just gone through airport security in Toronto for the flight to Milwaukee and was able to get two tix after hitting refresh on the ol' Blackberry a few times. On-sale at 7:00 a.m., I had the tickets at around 7:08.

I was also lucky enough to score some tickets for the premiere. Mine didn't go through nearly as smoothly, I don't think I actually scored tickets until 7:40. Lots of web page crashing to begin with, then it was a matter of opening multiple tabs on two computers. Finally after lots of disappointment, I got through on multiple web pages. Two pages had me in a virtual waiting room of 2 hours and one of them actually got through to purchase tickets. Couldn't believe it!

Have you picked up your tickets? I won't be able to get mine until Thursday.
    Pearl Jam
    May 10, 2006 - Toronto
    Aug 21, 2009 - Toronto
    Sept 11, 2011 - Toronto
    Sept 14, 2011 - Ottawa
    Oct 12, 2013 - Buffalo
    Oct 16, 2014 - Detroit
    May 8, 2016 - Ottawa
    May 10, 2016 - Toronto
    Eddie Vedder
    Aug 9, 2008 Montreal
  • Options
    mrclean1_3 wrote:
    kid canada wrote:
    Trixie wrote:

I was also lucky enough to score some tickets for the premiere. Mine didn't go through nearly as smoothly, I don't think I actually scored tickets until 7:40. Lots of web page crashing to begin with, then it was a matter of opening multiple tabs on two computers. Finally after lots of disappointment, I got through on multiple web pages. Two pages had me in a virtual waiting room of 2 hours and one of them actually got through to purchase tickets. Couldn't believe it!

Have you picked up your tickets? I won't be able to get mine until Thursday.

I couldn't believe how smoothly it went for me, especially on a Blackberry sitting at Terminal 1 of Pearson airport. Took about 3 or 4 tries of getting the "there are no tickets available to fulfill your allotment" message or whatever, but it was an awesome start to the PJ20 weekend.

I picked up the tickets today. Took about 15/20 minutes in line at the box office in MetroCentre. There was one line for people picking up tickets and a separate one for people actually buying tickets, so it wasn't too bad.
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • Options
    Lukin19Lukin19 We The North Posts: 505
    I've got an extra for Monday if anyone is interested.
    Open to trades
  • Options
    Lukin19 wrote:
    I've got an extra for Monday if anyone is interested.
    Open to trades
    Interested, what are you looking for posters?
  • Options
    Since Eddie is performing at that benefit on Saturday, I wonder if the band will attend on Monday instead.

Or maybe the band minus Eddie on Saturday. Or, like was mentioned, he could boot it down to the Princess of Whales for 2pm.
  • Options
    uglybabo wrote:
    Since Eddie is performing at that benefit on Saturday, I wonder if the band will attend on Monday instead.

Or maybe the band minus Eddie on Saturday. Or, like was mentioned, he could boot it down to the Princess of Whales for 2pm.

It's rare, unless it's a gala or a relatively unknown actor/director, that anyone other than a TIFF organizer would speak before the movie. If Cameron Crowe and/or the band show up, they don't need to arrive at the theatre until the movie ends at 4pm.
  • Options
    OctopuS27OctopuS27 Portugal Posts: 569
    Just scored tickets to see the movie here, hometown
    I'm happy as hell :D
    thanks for bringing it to Portugal

it will be a premiere blast for sure

good times...
    we miss you PJ, comeback soon
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 855
    uglybabo wrote:

What benefit is Eddie performing at?
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    For those unable to get to Toronto for the world premiere of PJ 20, there'll be a screening in Paris, at La Géode ( biggest screen in Europe) on Tuesday September 20th at 8pm (20 h ! )

Tickets availables at:

http://www.fnacspectacles.com/place-spe ... Y-PJ20.htm

Sound is huge there !!
  • Options
    TrixieTrixie Posts: 179
    mikesbri wrote:
    uglybabo wrote:

It's a private charity function that starts at 11:30 and goes to 3:30. My guess is he'll be there to perform a few songs at the beginning and then high-tail it to the theatre. The invite said "special guest performance by Eddie Vedder and others" so if he goes on at the beginning, he would have plenty of time to get there.
  • Options
    Trixie wrote:
    mikesbri wrote:
    uglybabo wrote:

It's a private charity function that starts at 11:30 and goes to 3:30. My guess is he'll be there to perform a few songs at the beginning and then high-tail it to the theatre. The invite said "special guest performance by Eddie Vedder and others" so if he goes on at the beginning, he would have plenty of time to get there.

It's a high-roller charity benefit at a rich guy's mansion in Toronto. My friend's brother is going because his girlfriend works with the host of the party. Bastard.
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    so i just got confirmation that there is indeed a screening on sunday at 4:30pm at the Royal Cinema.
    i don't know if actual tickets are available, but there might be rush tickets?
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    the film got a boost as it was featured in the star's preview of the festival ... two contributors mentioned the film as highly anticipated ...
  • Options
    guitar101guitar101 Sutton, ON Posts: 397
    goldenegg wrote:
    uglybabo wrote:

It's rare, unless it's a gala or a relatively unknown actor/director, that anyone other than a TIFF organizer would speak before the movie. If Cameron Crowe and/or the band show up, they don't need to arrive at the theatre until the movie ends at 4pm.

Why would they attend for the ending? do you think they would speak after the movie?
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • Options
    guitar101 wrote:
    Why would they attend for the ending? do you think they would speak after the movie?

depending on the movie ... principal cast, director is there for the movie ... usually after the movie they come on stage and get an ovation ... sometimes there is a q and a ... i would suspect they will be around for both the beginning and end of the movie ...

btw - eddie, if you and your crew want to go for a paddle on some SUP's - i can hook ya up ... :lol:
  • Options
    guitar101guitar101 Sutton, ON Posts: 397
    polaris_x wrote:
    guitar101 wrote:

depending on the movie ... principal cast, director is there for the movie ... usually after the movie they come on stage and get an ovation ... sometimes there is a q and a ... i would suspect they will be around for both the beginning and end of the movie ...

btw - eddie, if you and your crew want to go for a paddle on some SUP's - i can hook ya up ... :lol:

thats cool. That'd be awesome to see either someone from the band or cameron crowe speak about the film.....although im happy just to be finally seeing the movie.
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • Options
    Adding my name to the list of people who are looking for tickets to the Premier...
  • Options
    hello again!

I have an extra 10C ticket for the ACC show on Sunday Sept 11. I will trade the concert ticket for a ticket to the PJ20 premiere on Sat Sep 10th ! PM ME if you have a spare to the film premiere !

(I already bought a ticket for the Monday screening, so don't msg about trading for one of those. Just really want to go to the Saturday premiere. Thanks. )

9/04/93 - BC Place, Vancouver BC w/Neil Young
    7/19/98 - Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver BC
    10/05/00 - ACC, Toronto
    6/28/03 - Molson Amphitheatre, Toronto (fireworks!)
    5/09/06 - ACC, Toronto
    8/13/08 - EV, Massey Hall, Toronto
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    This is hanging in the building where I work, right beside the TIFF headquarters here in Toronto:

392099325.jpg

If you want to buy it, it's only $4,500...
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    polaris_x wrote:
    guitar101 wrote:

Love those SUPs... we just got one for our cottage up north and I've never found anything as relaxing or enjoyable!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    Love those SUPs... we just got one for our cottage up north and I've never found anything as relaxing or enjoyable!

yeah ... i find that tho that you don't want to paddle them when the weather is crap unlike my kayak ...
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    polaris_x wrote:
    benjs wrote:

yeah ... i find that tho that you don't want to paddle them when the weather is crap unlike my kayak ...
    That's true. We have a Hobie kayak that's foot powered that's totally relaxing no matter the weather.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    I just heard that PJ20 TIFF tickets are going for $350 each...

WTF is wrong with people? I only managed to get 1 single so it's really nice to know that people who aren't fans managed to grab multiple so they are able to flip them on craigslist.

This is one of those things where I wish 10c had a few to sell via a lottery. I know they can't get a piece of everything but it just sucks to see some people will be missing out because others capitalize on being slimy.
  • Options
    I just heard that PJ20 TIFF tickets are going for $350 each...

WTF is wrong with people? I only managed to get 1 single so it's really nice to know that people who aren't fans managed to grab multiple so they are able to flip them on craigslist.

This is one of those things where I wish 10c had a few to sell via a lottery. I know they can't get a piece of everything but it just sucks to see some people will be missing out because others capitalize on being slimy.

You're from Toronto, as am I, so I'm sure you know that most people at TIFF are people who buy packages of 5, 10, 20 or more movies long before the schedule comes out. These often just include a random selection of films unless you get a "theme" pack (e.g. foreign films, documentaries, etc.). So I'm sure there are hundreds and hundreds of people who got tickets to the premiere that don't give a shit about Pearl Jam and just want to make some money.
  • Options
    Aw Fuck... Somebody sell me some tix for Saturday...