Options

PEARL JAM TWENTY WORLD PREMIERE @ THE TORONTO FILM FESTIVAL

Comments

• Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Is there a dress code to attend the Princess Of Wales & Ryerson Theatres? I've never been there before. Could we wear our Pearl Jam shirts, shorts & flannel sweaters around our hips? :P

this is how they responded to me on twitter:
    Congrats. It's on the dressier side but be yourself and wear whatever you like.

maybe someone should get a second opinion?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,943
    demetrios wrote:
    Is there a dress code to attend the Princess Of Wales & Ryerson Theatres? I've never been there before. Could we wear our Pearl Jam shirts, shorts & flannel sweaters around our hips? :P

this is how they responded to me on twitter:
    Congrats. It's on the dressier side but be yourself and wear whatever you like.

maybe someone should get a second opinion?

I sent them an email & also posted on their Facebook fan page.
    See what happens.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

There is no dress code. Take that from someone who's been to the festival every year since 2000.

What you should keep in mind is what is expected of you as an attendee at any TIFF screening. Basically the rules are to keep quiet or you will be removed from the theatre (if not by a TIFF employee then the people sitting next to you). People are pretty strict at the festival, as they should be. So no talking, no cell phones (even if just texting) and no hollering out.
  • Options
    Lukin19Lukin19 We The North Posts: 505
    I've got a spare ticket for Monday's screening.
    PM me if interested.
  • Options
    goldenegg wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

There is no dress code. Take that from someone who's been to the festival every year since 2000.

What you should keep in mind is what is expected of you as an attendee at any TIFF screening. Basically the rules are to keep quiet or you will be removed from the theatre (if not by a TIFF employee then the people sitting next to you). People are pretty strict at the festival, as they should be. So no talking, no cell phones (even if just texting) and no hollering out.
    I like that. It should be like that in every theater. its simply RESPECT.
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • Options
    goldenegg wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

But have you been to a gala screening? Lol
  • Options

I'm not going to any this year, but I used to attend gala screenings. Again, no dress code. The only time there's a dress code is at the various parties held during the event. Other than the red carpet setup outside the event for celebrities, gala events are really no different from other showings.

In case you don't already know, PJ20 is not a gala screening at the festival. It's part of the 'Special Presentations' program.
  • Options
    PJ2k3PJ2k3 Posts: 218
    I was just able to buy 4 tickets to the Ryerson showing noon Monday 9/12/11 at 10:03pm ET. Go get em.
    9/24/96, 6/14/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 9/1/00, 9/4/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/19/05, 9/30/05, 10/03/05, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 8/7/08 (Eddie solo)
  • Options
    HI,
    I just added the Sat. Sept. 10th Princess of Wales Theatre, Toronto screening to Facebook as an Event
    Please share and join the Event if you're coming - maybe we can all meet up before hand?? Here's the FB Event link:
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=243763815667627
  • Options
    Anyone have any idea if there will be any kind of panel or Q&A with anyone from the band, Cameron Crowe, etc.?
    3-29-94-FL/9-24-96-MD/9-18-98-MD/9-05-00-PA/4-26-03-PA/5-03-03-PA/7-12-03-PA/10-1-04-PA/9-19-05-ON/9-28-05-PA/5-09-06-ON/5-10-06-ON/6-23-06-PA/6-19-08-NJ/10-28-09-PA/5-20-10-NY/5-21-10-NY/9-11-11-ON/9-12-11-ON/9-2-12-PA/9-22-12-GA/10-11-13-PA/10-18-13-NY/10-19-13-NY/10-16-14-MI/9-26-15-NY/4-9-16-FL/4-11-16-FL/8-8-18-WA/8-10-18-WA
  • Options
    mikesbri wrote:
    at least the monday crowd will be filled with more hardcore fans and less media/industry people.
    who knows maybe band will show up since they are still in town.

Just so you know, press/media screenings are separate from the main schedule. In most cases, they happen before premiers, so reviews can be posted quicker.
    wilfmiss wrote:
    Anyone have any idea if there will be any kind of panel or Q&A with anyone from the band, Cameron Crowe, etc.?

There are no guarantees, but usually films screened atPrincess of Wales will have at least the director showing up. Given PJ's tour schedule, it seems pretty clear that they based it around TIFF. I'd be surprised if they didn't show up to the premiere. I'm fine either way though. I'm happy enough knowing I'm seeing them perform twice in Toronto and once in Hamilton.

I wouldn't count on anyone showing up at the Ryerson screening, as it's not as easy for celebreties to leave the building after the screening. It might happen, but don't get your hopes up.
  • Options
    goldenegg wrote:
    mikesbri wrote:
    at least the monday crowd will be filled with more hardcore fans and less media/industry people.
    who knows maybe band will show up since they are still in town.

Just so you know, press/media screenings are separate from the main schedule. In most cases, they happen before premiers, so reviews can be posted quicker.
    wilfmiss wrote:

There are no guarantees, but usually films screened atPrincess of Wales will have at least the director showing up. Given PJ's tour schedule, it seems pretty clear that they based it around TIFF. I'd be surprised if they didn't show up to the premiere. I'm fine either way though. I'm happy enough knowing I'm seeing them perform twice in Toronto and once in Hamilton.

I wouldn't count on anyone showing up at the Ryerson screening, as it's not as easy for celebreties to leave the building after the screening. It might happen, but don't get your hopes up.

Gotcha, thank you. Unfortunately I'm not coming to town until Sunday, so the Ryerson show is the only option for me. At least I'll get to see it.

I think the odds go up dramatically of an appearance by the band, though, since I am going to be hauling ass after Pearl Jam Twenty to catch Intruders at another theatre at 2:30. I suspect something magical will happen 30 seconds after I leave. :)
    3-29-94-FL/9-24-96-MD/9-18-98-MD/9-05-00-PA/4-26-03-PA/5-03-03-PA/7-12-03-PA/10-1-04-PA/9-19-05-ON/9-28-05-PA/5-09-06-ON/5-10-06-ON/6-23-06-PA/6-19-08-NJ/10-28-09-PA/5-20-10-NY/5-21-10-NY/9-11-11-ON/9-12-11-ON/9-2-12-PA/9-22-12-GA/10-11-13-PA/10-18-13-NY/10-19-13-NY/10-16-14-MI/9-26-15-NY/4-9-16-FL/4-11-16-FL/8-8-18-WA/8-10-18-WA
  • Options
    wilfmiss wrote:
    Gotcha, thank you. Unfortunately I'm not coming to town until Sunday, so the Ryerson show is the only option for me. At least I'll get to see it.

I think the odds go up dramatically of an appearance by the band, though, since I am going to be hauling ass after Pearl Jam Twenty to catch Intruders at another theatre at 2:30. I suspect something magical will happen 30 seconds after I leave. :)

Intruders is playing at the Elgin, so you can afford sticking around 10 - 15min should PJ show up. It shouldn't take you more than 10min to get over to the Elgin. You might not get great seats, but you won't regret missing the Q&A.
  • Options
    goldenegg wrote:

I'm not going to any this year, but I used to attend gala screenings. Again, no dress code. The only time there's a dress code is at the various parties held during the event. Other than the red carpet setup outside the event for celebrities, gala events are really no different from other showings.

In case you don't already know, PJ20 is not a gala screening at the festival. It's part of the 'Special Presentations' program.

I was just teasing you. solid info though
  • Options
    OkumOkum Vancouver, BC Posts: 231
    Monday is sold out now.
  • Options
    goldenegg wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Will do. Thank you for the information. :)
  • Options
    goldenegg wrote:
    So no talking, no cell phones (even if just texting) and no hollering out.

The "no hollering out" comment made me laugh.

I can just envision someone screaming "Play Jeremy" or " I love you Eddie" at the screen.
  • Options
    goldenegg wrote:
    So no talking, no cell phones (even if just texting) and no hollering out.

The "no hollering out" comment made me laugh.

I can just envision someone screaming "Play Jeremy" or " I love you Eddie" at the screen.

:lol:

There will be alot of name calling loving screams there if the band is in attendance. I could see ladies (even a few men) running from their seats down the isles climbing up the curtains to get to the skybox seats to the right of the stage where the band would be watching the film.
  • Options
    I am looking for 1 or 2 tickets for the Saturday premier...let me know please..thanks!!
  • Options
    Anyone have extra tix please pm me
  • Options
    ccjackccjack Posts: 134
    edited September 2011
    I'm also looking for 2 tickets to the Saturday afternoon premiere.
    Post edited by ccjack on
    "Push me and I will resist"
  • Options
    Thanks to all who gave a heads up when Monday tickets were still available...I was able to get 4. Don't know if there is anyone out there who might be able to switch for Saturday. ??? Going to Toronto for the concert and the film and first time pre-concert! But also attending the Documentary Conference all day Monday at TIFF. Fantastic trip for me...but might have to miss it (or some of it) if I can't switch. Even willing to give you 4 for 2. Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    I_Am_Mine_84I_Am_Mine_84 Toronto Posts: 25
    If anyone has any extra Saturday tix to spare, please message me. I am in the Toronto area. Thanks!
  • Options
    TsarinaLisaTsarinaLisa Posts: 205
    edited September 2011
    I have 2 extra tickets for Mondays screening. PM me if interested.

I am also looking for 1 or 2 tickets for Saturdays screening if anyone has extras.

Thanks!

Lisa

***UPDATE ***MONDAY TICKETS SOLD*** THANKS.....BUT I AM STILL LOOKING FOR TICKETS TO SATURDAYS PREMIER....
    Post edited by TsarinaLisa on
  • Options
    the_donthe_don Posts: 512
    I could trade my extra Montreal ticket for a saturday TIFF ticket...
    2000: Montreal 2003: Toronto 2005: Toronto 2006: Toronto x2 2008: MSG x2, Montreal x2 (EV), Toronto x2 (EV) 2009: Toronto 2010: Buffalo 2011: Detroit (EV), PJ20 x2, Montreal, Toronto x2, Ottawa, Hamilton 2013: London, Buffalo, Brooklyn x2, Philly x2 2014: Detroit 2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x2, Fenway x2 2018: Home Shows x2 2020: L.A. x2, Oakland x2 
    2023: Seattle x2 (EV) 2024: Vancouver x2, Seattle x2 (ISO: 1 N1 Seattle GA)
  • Options
    nippleholicnippleholic Toronto Posts: 1,083
    apparently there's some kind of special (private?) screening of the film on Sunday the 11th at the Royal Cinema on College street before the show (a friend of mine who works at a music magazine got an invitation...could be industry only...the Royal website doesn't show anything scheduled for that day yet).
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    apparently there's some kind of special (private?) screening of the film on Sunday the 11th at the Royal Cinema on College street before the show (a friend of mine who works at a music magazine got an invitation...could be industry only...the Royal website doesn't show anything scheduled for that day yet).

Would your friend be so nice to take me with him/her? I will act as if I was invisible ;):D

And I'll join everyone else here - if anyone has a spare for the premiere let me know ...
  • Options

If it's true, it'ss most likely a press screening.
  • Options
    I have an extra 10C ticket for the ACC show on Sunday Sept 11. I will trade the concert ticket for a ticket to the PJ20 premiere on Sat Sep 10th ! PM ME if you have a spare to the film premiere !

(I already bought a ticket for the Monday screening, so don't msg about trading for one of those. Just really want to go to the Saturday premiere. Thanks. )

9/04/93 - BC Place, Vancouver BC w/Neil Young
    7/19/98 - Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver BC
    10/05/00 - ACC, Toronto
    6/28/03 - Molson Amphitheatre, Toronto (fireworks!)
    5/09/06 - ACC, Toronto
    8/13/08 - EV, Massey Hall, Toronto
  • Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    Ok, I usually play requests and don't make them, but let it be known that The Rob needs a ticket to the premiere screening on Saturday. That's right, in the world of who you know and what you do, it's coming down to you good people to hook me up and sell me a ticket. My attempts at 6am last Saturday were unsuccessful.