Finally seeing them next Sunday!
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Finally seeing them next Sunday!

I want to see this band so bad. Hope you have a great time! :thumbup:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    I want to see this band so bad. Hope you have a great time! :thumbup:[/quote]

+1,

do a proper uk tour soon please guys!
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2
    milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Wow, I'm excited! I got tickets for one of their Beacon shows but don't really know their stuff. Was contemplating not going but now I'm super psyched to go! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Got tickets for the Dec 3rd show here in SF ... but I have to admit, they're getting a bit too big.

Don't get me wrong, I love that they have new fans ... and wish them all the success in the world ... it's just selfishly, I just hate that the venues they are playing have gone from 500 to 1,000 to 2,500 and now the Civic Auditorium here in SF which holds 7,000 which will no doubt be filled with early 20 somethings updating their facebook and holding their shitty phones in the air taking crappy pics all show long.

/rant

I am looking forward to seeing them again, though ... I am fortunate as they seem to play San Francisco quite a bit.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Wow, I'm excited! I got tickets for one of their Beacon shows but don't really know their stuff. Was contemplating not going but now I'm super psyched to go! :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: lucky you sumay enjoy! they are a terrific band
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Got tickets for the Dec 3rd show here in SF ... but I have to admit, they're getting a bit too big.

Don't get me wrong, I love that they have new fans ... and wish them all the success in the world ... it's just selfishly, I just hate that the venues they are playing have gone from 500 to 1,000 to 2,500 and now the Civic Auditorium here in SF which holds 7,000 which will no doubt be filled with early 20 somethings updating their facebook and holding their shitty phones in the air taking crappy pics all show long.

/rant

I am looking forward to seeing them again, though ... I am fortunate as they seem to play San Francisco quite a bit.
    :lol: i know what you mean dude, oh well , at least you know you were a fan from the start
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2

• Options
    Suziemay wrote:

:mrgreen: lucky you sumay enjoy! they are a terrific band

Thanks Alistair! I know I'll need a good show in December to recover from PJ20/Foo Fighters withdrawal so I'm glad I now have one lined up :D
  • Options
    Man, was I really the last one to post on this thread?! Anyway, just came back from the show at The Beacon! The show was pretty awesome! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Man, was I really the last one to post on this thread?! Anyway, just came back from the show at The Beacon! The show was pretty awesome! :mrgreen:

Sweet! Matt really has a voice and the band is top notch. I just got back from Bon Iver!
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    For fans of The National and Matt, if you haven't heard his guest appearance on Booker T. Jones' latest album The Road To Memphis, here it is:

Awesome tune. "Representing Memphis" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMvyQkwU ... re=related
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    great sullen band....love the haunting vocals!
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    great sullen band....love the haunting vocals!

Great band. I'm so lucky to have seen them open for R.E.M.

One of the best shows I have ever seen