Options

Talk About How U Feel About Pearl Jam Here.

JaqRoyJaqRoy Posts: 37
edited July 2008 in The Porch
this is a thread like no other, you can talk about your favorite things about pearl jam, favorite songs, cds, posters, concerts! ANYTHING! so talk talk talk

personally, i didnt get to see pearl jam live in concert in mansfield, massachusetts and i tried to get tickets to eddie vedder in concert in boston. My dream in life is to go to various concerts with them. My favorite song is dissident. I love the cd no code. Pearl jam represents real music and songs that anyone can relate too. Eddie vedder is a very calm and chill guy who wants the best for this world and has represented that in interviews and through music. Hes a great person with lots of heart and soul.

Fact:
the name pearl comes from eddie vedders aunt pearl, and jam comes from her famous jam that had peyote buttons in it!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    i like pearl jam. they are good.
    I like bands.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,535
    JaqRoy wrote:
    Fact:
    the name pearl comes from eddie vedders aunt pearl, and jam comes from her famous jam that had peyote buttons in it!

LOL that "fact" has been laid to rest ;):)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    KeiranKeiran Posts: 393
    JaqRoy wrote:
    Eddie vedder is a very calm and chill guy

Unless you throw quarters or shoes at him. Or show him tits the size of mosquite bites!!!!
    I wish a guy like Eddie, would like me.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Very cool thread! Made me smile. :) Just watched the VH1 show as we had company and couldn't see it before and loved it. I think PJ should have done Baba but oh well. :D Great show overall. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Keiran wrote:
    Unless you throw quarters or shoes at him. Or show him tits the size of mosquite bites!!!!

lol maybe haha im not sure though.

All these reaching hands out grabbing things. Grabbing me.
    Day in day out accumulating. Ah yeah.
    Whoa. I suggest you step out on your porch.
    Oh yeah. Huh. huh. Huh huh, yeah.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    JaqRoy wrote:
    Fact:

not a fact, that was a totally fabricated story. I think ed really did have a grandmother or aunt or something named pearl, but jam comes from when they went to see neil young play and the band was jamming and they just put the words together.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    tbh anyone a member of this bored will totally love pearl jam so.....
  • Options
    CityMouse wrote:
    not a fact, that was a totally fabricated story. I think ed really did have a grandmother or aunt or something named pearl, but jam comes from when they went to see neil young play and the band was jamming and they just put the words together.

oh well i thought maybe it was true because i read their biography.. but thats a cool thought too :]
  • Options
    i like pearl jam. they are good.

I like turtles
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
  • Options
    I like turtles

haha what does turtles have to do with pearl jam?
  • Options
    smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    I like turtles

i like spag bol
    or does this belong on a cooking / food forum
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • Options
    alexersalexers Posts: 492
    I like turtles

hhaah I LOVE THAT KID
  • Options
    alexersalexers Posts: 492
    JaqRoy wrote:
    haha what does turtles have to do with pearl jam?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,535
    CityMouse wrote:

not entirely correct either,...

Jeff brought the name "Pearl" to the table and "Jam" was added, just as you said, after the guys saw Neil Young play ~15 songs during a 3+ hour set.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    You're all wrong. Pearl Jam is code for a man's "love sauce"
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    JaqRoy wrote:
    oh well i thought maybe it was true because i read their biography.. but thats a cool thought too :]

Ed talked about this briefly during his solo gig in LA this year (LA2) - before asking us to help sing Happy Birthday to Pearl, don't remember his words exactly but I am pretty sure he said the story was bullshit
  • Options
    Motown322Motown322 Posts: 465
    JaqRoy wrote:
    My favorite song is dissident.
    I love the cd no code.
    Pearl jam represents real music and songs that anyone can relate too.
    Eddie vedder is a very calm and chill guy who wants the best for this world and has represented that in interviews and through music.
    Hes a great person with lots of heart and soul.

It's 10 times better if you read this in a Wesley Willis voice...
  • Options
    Motown322 wrote:

My favorite song is dissident.
    I love the cd no code.
    Pearl jam represents real music and songs that anyone can relate too.
    Eddie vedder is a very calm and chill guy who wants the best for this world and has represented that in interviews and through music.
    Hes a great person with lots of heart and soul.

ROCK N ROLL MACDONOLDS
    ROCK N ROLL MACDONOLDS
    ROCK N ROLL MACDONOLDS

Rock over London, rock on Chicago
    Wheaties, breakfast of champions.
  • Options
    Motown322 wrote:

whos wesley willis??
    and however they got the name, its not about the name.. its about the music
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    CityMouse wrote:

the REAL story as told by Ed in Irvine California 2003 is they were after "good initials.....good....initials" Ed points to Phil Jackson. :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    JaqRoy wrote:
    whos wesley willis??

He rocks like a magic kiss!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    rtwilli4rtwilli4 Posts: 261
    that video is fucking hilarious!

oh yea... pearl jam is pretty cool too
  • Options
    never really cared for Pearl Jam...although that one song that was on the radio was good...but I think the lead singer guy is too hairy.
    "I feel the same way about disco as I do about herpes." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, 1977
  • Options
    MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    BEST THREAD EVER

I like Pearl Jam
  • Options
    never really cared for Pearl Jam...although that one song that was on the radio was good...but I think the lead singer guy is too hairy.

i love pearl jammm
  • Options
    JaqRoy wrote:
    why are you on pearl jam message pit if you dont like pearl jam? and the lead singer is eddie vedder, and he can have as much hair as he wants!

You should totally put a sarcasm detector on your list to Santa this year... :D

The rock and roll music was whooping on a mule's ass.
  • Options
    MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    JaqRoy wrote:
    why are you on pearl jam message pit if you dont like pearl jam? and the lead singer is eddie vedder, and he can have as much hair as he wants!
    Hell Yeah
  • Options
    jaqroy wrote:
    Wow....and I thought i was still a nOOb.
    "I feel the same way about disco as I do about herpes." - Dr. Hunter S. Thompson, 1977
  • Options
    Wow....and I thought i was still a nOOb.
    hey im just sayin, why would he be on here if he doesnt love themm
  • Options
    Wow... that went WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY over your head. ;)