Options

Has anyone bought a record of an artist just because the guys are fans?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    Sure. Back in the early 90's I was in HS and didn't know much about Neil Young so they opened the door for me. More recently they exposed me to Death Cab, KOL, MMJ, Robert Pollard. I can't say I love all of their music, but I did enjoy seeing most of them live (especially Death Cab and MMJ).
  • Options
    I watched Harold and Maude yesterday...because, Ed mentioned it so much in his solo shows. I have been on a Cat Stevens kick since. I have always been familiar with Cat Stevens (my parents had his records when I was a kid), but, the songs have new meaning now that I am older.

If I knew where it was I would take you there. There's much more than this
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i've been introduced to bands thanks to PJ, like death cab and ben harper, but i wouldn't buy an album sight unseen (or sound unheard i suppose!) just because someone in the band likes it. i'm more liable to trust a friend's recommendation just because they'd know me and know what i already like.

i was a huge neil finn fan before ed worked with him, and saw liam before he went on tour with ed, so i prefer to think that ed just has my good taste in that respect :D
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I got into The Who because of PJ. Thats it so far.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,825
    back in '92, seeing my idol wearing those ice cube shirts, i got into listening to those beats & films ice cube did. still today, i enjoy some of his films & listen to .. well, the old school tunes of his.
  • Options
    Not particularly - I was raised on The Who, Crosby, Stills, Nash &Young, et al. - but after listening to Death Cab for Cutie on the recommendation of someone who saw them open for PJ, I bought their three most recent albums.

Cincinnati, Columbus 2000
    Baltimore 2013