Jeter - 3000

2»

Comments

• RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Newch91 wrote:
    i hate Jeter and every other Yankme.

that doesnt mean i cant grasp that i was a heck of an accomplishment to get 3000 hits

but i still hate jeter...
    I don't know how anyone can hate Jeter.
    I promise I'll drop it after this, and yes 3000 hits is quite an accomplishment, but what would make me like him is if he just admitted he was Derek "Fucking" Jeter instead of playing the consummate professional bullshit. This dude still hits at the top of the lineup even though he shouldn't because he's Derek "Fucking" Jeter, he made a better SS move to 3B even though he hasn't fielded a ball to his left in a decade because he's Derek "Fucking" Jeter, he won't learn the OF because he's Derek "Fucking" Jeter, he lives in a 40k foot house because he's Derek "Fucking" Jeter, and yet you all want me to believe he's a nose to the grindstone hardworking humble man. I call bullshit. As soon as the camera's are off he's Derek "Fucking" Jeter, and as soon as they are on he's yes sir m...m...mr. steinbrenner sir. The All-Star Game is further evidence of this. He takes the game off for "emotional" rest and gets fellated by Bud Selig, are you kidding me? Rather than say he needed an "emotional" break why doesn't he come clean and say I'm Derek Fucking Jeter and I'm going to take this weekend to go bang my wife now stop asking stupid questions. Brett Favre used to be the same way until he got too old, started sending dick pics, and revealed himself to the rest of us what we all already knew but pretended not to - an arrogant jerk who played the media right for 15 years. This is why I hate Derek Jeter, but would love him if he just admitted the truth.
  • Watched a documentary on this last week. He had cameras following him everywhere leading up to his 3000th hit. He lives a nice life!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    It was a really cool documentary. He does have a nice life and what makes him cool is I don't think he flaunts it, and I don't think he's ashamed of it either. It looks like he has a great family structure around him and in today's world for a superstar to never have negative press, be the biggest star on the biggest team in the country, and play in the media circus of the world and come out unscathed. Just straight wow. Quality individual and future HOFer.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    finally got to it last night...HBO does great work on their sports specials

granted iam a yanks fan and love jeter,but that was fabulous

he has a decent apt. in nyc also :mrgreen: and a decent looking gf :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • DS1119 wrote:
    It was a really cool documentary. He does have a nice life and what makes him cool is I don't think he flaunts it, and I don't think he's ashamed of it either. It looks like he has a great family structure around him and in today's world for a superstar to never have negative press, be the biggest star on the biggest team in the country, and play in the media circus of the world and come out unscathed. Just straight wow. Quality individual and future HOFer.

Well put.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,816
    Fuckin ball landed about 50 feet from me!

Congrats to the Captain.