Jeter - 3000

Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
BOO YAH!!! My man Derek Jeter hits a homer for his 3000th hit, the 2nd person to ever hit a homer for #3000 (Wade Boggs was the other; Thank you, Michael Kay)

Glad he got it while I was watching, and hope he's able to pick it up somehow, because you dont go from hitting .334 to .270 just by one offseason (2009 - .334. 2010 - .270). That is baseball, though.

Maybe some guys just lose it when they get older, which is what I think the case may be. But thats for another day.

Congrats Derek!
MSG II 5/21/10
Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
*formerly manutd3581
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    I love Derek Jeter.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I love Derek Jeter.
    Me too man.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    FML...I hate when players I hate do something like this. It will live on infinitely like the time Cal Ripken hit that homerun off of Hideo Nomo's BP fastball. Pardon me while I vomit a little bit as brand Jete's gets a boost in the stock market. Still 3000 hits is an accomplishment.
    RW81233 wrote:
    FML...I hate when players I hate do something like this. It will live on infinitely like the time Cal Ripken hit that homerun off of Hideo Nomo's BP fastball. Pardon me while I vomit a little bit as brand Jete's gets a boost in the stock market. Still 3000 hits is an accomplishment.

:wave: :wave:
    haha cliffy evil has been justified today enjoy it.
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    edited July 2011
    Huge Dodgers fan here, but also a huge fan of the game of baseball. And if you love the game of baseball - you love the way Jeter plays this game, and love the way he has played the game his entire career.

just a class act

Congrats to Derek Jeter
    RW81233 wrote:
    How can you hate Jeter?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    PRL1JAM wrote:
    Huge Dodgers fan here, but also a huge fan of the game of baseball. And if you love the game of baseball - you love the way Jeter plays this game, and love the way he has played the game his entire career.

just a class act

Congrats to Derek Jeter

:thumbup:

Your manager is alright too.
    Newch91 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    How can you hate Jeter?
    I'm a fan of athletes with personality, political views, that don't bow down to their boss, and a bit of an attitude is always nice. i hate athletes who are falsely humble in the media, that do everything "with class" because that saying is just stupid, and those who get their mistakes swept under the rug while their "heroic" plays get overhyped. Therefore I hate, nay, I FUCKING hate Derek Jeter.
    RW81233 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    How can you hate Jeter?
    I'm a fan of athletes with personality, political views, that don't bow down to their boss, and a bit of an attitude is always nice. i hate athletes who are falsely humble in the media, that do everything "with class" because that saying is just stupid, and those who get their mistakes swept under the rug while their "heroic" plays get overhyped. Therefore I hate, nay, I FUCKING hate Derek Jeter.

:wave: :wave:
    this is why Brett Favre the Jet/Viking was so much cooler than Brett Favre the Packer.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    Props to Jeter. A homer for your 3000th...nice work!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    PRL1JAM wrote:
    And if you love the game of baseball - you love the way Jeter plays this game, and love the way he has played the game his entire career.

just a class act

Congrats to Derek Jeter

i completely agree. congrats to him.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,239
    manutd3581 wrote:
    BOO YAH!!! My man Derek Jeter hits a homer for his 3000th hit, the 2nd person to ever hit a homer for #3000 (Wade Boggs was the other; Thank you, Michael Kay)

Glad he got it while I was watching, and hope he's able to pick it up somehow, because you dont go from hitting .334 to .270 just by one offseason (2009 - .334. 2010 - .270). That is baseball, though.

Maybe some guys just lose it when they get older, which is what I think the case may be. But thats for another day.

Congrats Derek!

Don't thank Kay, thank his stats guy looking that up for him.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    manutd3581 wrote:

Congrats Derek!

Don't thank Kay, thank his stats guy looking that up for him.

I actually said this as soon as he hit it. Saw the Boggs home run the other day on MLB network, I believe.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    just saw the replay...that's awesome to hit a dinger at home...congrats to dj :clap:
  • Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254
    RW81233 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    How can you hate Jeter?

You "FUCKING hate" Derek Jeter because he does his job and moves on with his life? Because he keeps to himself on every matter that has nothing to do with his job? Because he cares about one thing: success? Wow, yea your right, he's a real asshole for being so private and careless about other things that dont concern him directly.
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
    When you're making money by putting your name on a clothing line sewn by children in third world countries I think you have a responsibility to do more than fuck the whole of New York and play baseball. If he was just to get paid for playing baseball I'd have less of a problem with it. He's been a good-great player for a long time, but my favorite athletes are people who tried changing the world while also playing at a high-level. I prefer people like Steve Nash, Yovani Gallardo, Pedro Martinez, Curt Shilling (even if I don't agree with him) to a guy who "just plays the game" the world is bigger than that.
    RW81233 wrote:
    When you're making money by putting your name on a clothing line sewn by children in third world countries I think you have a responsibility to do more than fuck the whole of New York and play baseball. If he was just to get paid for playing baseball I'd have less of a problem with it. He's been a good-great player for a long time, but my favorite athletes are people who tried changing the world while also playing at a high-level. I prefer people like Steve Nash, Yovani Gallardo, Pedro Martinez, Curt Shilling (even if I don't agree with him) to a guy who "just plays the game" the world is bigger than that.

Oh stop, he's a fucking athlete with a high school education. He gets paid millions to play basball and sell products. He doesn't get paid and it's not his responsibility to improve child labor laws in China.

You hate Jeter for all these reasons yet you like Lebron James? Come on dude. You're talking out of your ass. What the fuck has Lebron done to improve the life of anyone not associated with Lebron?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

Oh stop, he's a fucking athlete with a high school education. He gets paid millions to play basball and sell products. He doesn't get paid and it's not his responsibility to improve child labor laws in China.

You hate Jeter for all these reasons yet you like Lebron James? Come on dude. You're talking out of your ass. What the fuck has Lebron done to improve the life of anyone not associated with Lebron?
    You're exactly right LeBron is definitely a massive sellout...I like him for different reasons - partly because he is exactly someone I should hate. He did once help Boys and Girls Clubs, and has run up a massive tab in Vegas so the people serving him made something. :mrgreen:

I disagree though, LeBron, Jordan, Jetes put their name on those products it is their responsibility to know where those products come from. If they don't do endorsements "just play the game" all you want.
    RW81233 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

You're exactly right LeBron is definitely a massive sellout...I like him for different reasons - partly because he is exactly someone I should hate. He did once help Boys and Girls Clubs, and has run up a massive tab in Vegas so the people serving him made something. :mrgreen:

I disagree though, LeBron, Jordan, Jetes put their name on those products it is their responsibility to know where those products come from. If they don't do endorsements "just play the game" all you want.
    Have you forgotten about Jeters Turn Two Foundation and what it does for kids?
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Wow. Way to buzz kill the thread.
    Posted this in the Yankee thread:

:lol::lol::lol:

From Funny or Die Twitter account:

"Big shout-out to Derek Jeter for dating Adriana Lima, Jessica Alba & Minka Kelly. Also for #3000 hits in baseball or whatever."
  • jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    manutd3581 wrote:

Congrats Derek!

:clap::clap::clap:
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Eh come on..this dope does this same schick over and over...getting old

Awesome athlete ..congrats to my favorite vanilla and chocolate ballplayer
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435
    congrats to Jeter for 3000 and doing it with a 5 for 5 day. he is an all-timer. as for the guy hating on Derek Jeter some people just have to be haters of anything and everything. it's sad. if you hate the guy then stay out of a thread congratulating a guy on an awesome accomplishment that only 28 players in the history of the game have ever done. well done Derek.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    al_sharpton.jpg
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    all this crap about the guy catching the ball is getting retarded.

a trading card? really?

great, you caught a ball and gave it to the guy that hit it.

i'm not knocking the guy, i'm knocking topps and all these other people
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • jethrojam420jethrojam420 Posts: 1,075
    i hate Jeter and every other Yankme.

that doesnt mean i cant grasp that i was a heck of an accomplishment to get 3000 hits

but i still hate jeter...
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
    i hate Jeter and every other Yankme.

that doesnt mean i cant grasp that i was a heck of an accomplishment to get 3000 hits

but i still hate jeter...
    I don't know how anyone can hate Jeter.