Options

Please Ed/Pearl Jam stop touring

2»

Comments

• Options
    Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    IMO that is what musicians do! They also write all the time. A tight band like PJ most likely have more than enough material to lay the tracks in a short time IF they wanted to put something out. Musicians should not be confused with 'Poptarts' who lay tracks often written by others and then tour to sell records.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    The_Fixer The_Fixer Posts: 255
    They can stop June 26th.

That said.. it's a 12 date tour.. shut up!

Couldn't agree more!!
    Montreal 08/20/98 | New York 09/11/98 | Wantagh 08/24/00 | Montreal 10/04/00 | Montreal 06/29/03 | Montreal 09/15/05
    Toronto 05/10/06 | Vancouver 04/02//08 (Ed) | Manchester 06/14/08 | Montreal 08/09/08 (Ed) | Montreal 08/10/08 (Ed) 
    Albany 06/08/09 (Ed) | Philadelphia 10/31/09 | Montreal 09/07/11 | Ottawa 05/08/16 | Brooklyn 04/07/17 (RRHOF)
    Dana Point 09/09/17 (Ed) | Rome 06/26/18
  • Options
    My Corduroy JacketMy Corduroy Jacket Austin, TX Posts: 571
    if anything, tour more! the set lists have been stellar
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    pjstarrpjstarr Posts: 270
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion but... There is no joy comparable to the joy of seeing them live. Especially a tour with no album to promote so they can play whatever they want and not have to play a half dozen songs off a new album to promote. Tours like this are rare and if they were in your neck of the woods I don't think you would be bitching about stopping the tour to put out another album. PJ is not in my neck of the woods either, I am stuck in Colorado with no shows in sight but am happy as hell for the lucky ones that are seeing this incredible tour.
    "I think this is the coldest red wine I've ever had"
    E.V- Ice Bowl, Alpine Valley 2000

Alpine Valley 6 -27-98 Palace 10-7-00 Alpine Valley 10-8-00
    Shoreline 6-1-03 DTE 6-25-03 DTE 6-26-03
    Pepsi Center 7-2-06 Pepsi Center 7-3-06
    Riverside Theater E.V solo 8-19-08
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,758
    How can any PJ fan ever utter the words "stop touring"? That's crazy talk....
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,338
    ... and focus in the new record, so we can have new material by the end of the year.

I dont know if everyone outside US feels the same way, but when they are working in the new album I rather that they dont do tours so they can have more time to work for the new album.
    i have a better idea,,every summer pearl jam tour in europe and the other months go to studio for new albums and theu play the new songs at europe next summer,,what about that?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    this idea is bad.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,338
    snipes824 wrote:
    this idea is bad.
    why,,you will see more countries and meet good european people!!!!!!!we waiting for you!!!!ok im joking!!!!!we all need the pearl jam,,as me for example,,im traveling from greece on monday to new york to see pearl jam at the garden!!!!!!
    keep on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    why,,you will see more countries and meet good european people!!!!!!!we waiting for you!!!!ok im joking!!!!!we all need the pearl jam,,as me for example,,im traveling from greece on monday to new york to see pearl jam at the garden!!!!!!
    keep on
    i was talking about the original post. stopping touring is a shit idea.

as for europe, i'd love for them to play there again soon. i need another excuse to take a vacation to europe. great times last year.
  • Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    How can any PJ fan ever utter the words "stop touring"? That's crazy talk....
    Someone who is mad that they can't go to a show on this tour?
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    yea....musicians shouldn't play live....that's just crazy :rolleyes:

seriously kids.....meth isn't good for anyone.....hugs, not drugs
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I prefer the live tour because...

...they haven't made a great album since Binaural...

:p
    [/*runs*]
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293
    ... and focus in the new record, so we can have new material by the end of the year.

I dont know if everyone outside US feels the same way, but when they are working in the new album I rather that they dont do tours so they can have more time to work for the new album.
    classic
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    this tour will help the record, not hinder it. tour away i say, get a feel, passion & energy for the music & then the new record will take on a life of it's own. i'd rather wait the extra 6-12 months & have a great record than rush one out
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    jessejesse Posts: 170
    id prefer a new album because it will be full of songs ive never heard before
  • Options
    IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    Why would they stop? they are going to make a killing from their fans who love hearing corduroy for the six hundred and eighty fifth time live. The guys in PJ probably need some cash, and this is a guaranteed way to get it. More boots, maybe another DVD. All these people will buy it up.

Seriously though, Pearl Jam are a great live band...but its being beaten to death. A band is only as good as their last record. And the last one wasn't great. I hope Pearl Jam doesn't become a greatest hits band
  • Options
    ClariceClarice Posts: 256
    I dont live in US and unhappy I couldnt see PJ´s concerts in this tour. But I like to know the band s still touring and making great shows. I can wait for the bootlegs and the next record. In their times.
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I'm sure PJ is both touring and writing on their three week travels. Not being cooped up in a studio will probably doing the new record a world of good.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    The tribe has spoken...into the jam, bring up your torch. It's time to go home.

:D:p
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610

Combine the two like New Adventures In Hi-Fi- write and record while touring
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    somthings better than nothing.
    Lotta people getting to see em live can only be a good thing. Yeah I cannot wait for another record but im gunna have to. Herees hoping the nrg of the concert tour helps create a roaring album
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    touring is what its all about... even if I didn't attend any shows I wouldn't be against them playing a few shows.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08