i think i should rename my dog

2»

Comments

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    This morning Tessie shook the hell out of her stuffed squirrel.

My eclectic pack collectively are very poor hunters.

Evidence #1: One night the three of them ran out the basement door, directly past a table that held a bin of fish food. A full-grown adult possum was on the table, trying to get at the fish food. It played dead (as possums are wont to do) and they never even noticed it. They went out, did their business, trotted by the possum again, and all ran back upstairs to the kitchen to stand by the treat jar for their goodnight Milk Bone.

Evidence #2-783: Every single day, squirrels run along the top of the six-foot-high wooden fence at the back of our yard. Every day Sweet Pea, the Treeing Walker Coonhound, runs to the edge of the second-floor deck, stands up on her hind legs to survey the yard, spies the squirrels, lets out a mighty howl (thereby alerting squirrels in a quarter-mile radius), and runs down the stairs. By the time she reaches the fence, the squirrels are in the yard next door, openly mocking her.

that sounds like igby. :lol:
    then again, he's a pug....his only role in life is too be cute, to eat, and to be cuddled. he runs around and mimics chloe, but honestly, he doesn't know wtf he is doing. and let me tellya, i think he was as horrified as i was after each incident and kept a wide berth from each animal too, lest he interfere with chloe's gloating. chloe is a far better hunter....she knows how to stalk, to creep slowly, and sure...to point. she is quiet, but igby usually barks and ruins her chances. ;) that said, she will stalk her prey slowly and creep u...then run...but again, she only runs up to the fence and of course whatever animal is there has at least a 4 foot perimeter between the 2 fences, and ample chance to scamper off.

don't mess with me rick when i am discussing my babies. :twisted:
    chloe is a good dog, and just being a dog.
    so there.
    :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    well, you know I have that short attention span and because of that I
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    yeah i don't really get why people are making a big deal...a dog was being..a dog :? :lol:

the only odd thing is after 11 years she starts it...maybe she held it in for all these years and can't hold it anymore! :D

just remember, you got off easy...it wasn't a skunk ;) :twisted:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I think the dogs name should be changed to "Kowalski".

Not many of *us* are old enough to remember him... you tipped your hand, my dear fellow.

even I had to wiki that name...1941? D-man IS really old!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

:x

and yea norm, you got it all right.
    and truly, it's not that odd. she's chased in the past - but being the good dog she is and not crossing boundaries she knows she's not allowed to....every critter has had the lead time to scamper off. as i said, this raccoon was in there a good 5-10 minutes....the temptation probably just got to the point she couldn't resist! the other 2 well, they were just right THERE, easy prey....i think any other dog same thing would've occurred. it was just most bizarre that all 3 happened to occur in an under 2 month time period.

we have many, many birdhouses in our yard and every spring, the inevitable happens and babies fall out. chloe and even igby, pick up the dead birds and carry em around. i tell chloe to drop it, she does immediately and leaves it for me to pick up...igby, not so much. :lol: neither has ever managed to killa bird....tho yesterday, a baby bird was giving them ample opportunity, but as i was right there, i just told chloe no and she backed off.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I had a dog
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I had a dog

ahhhh a smartass. ;)
    how unusual in these parts.
    ;)
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    that there is a lot of words missy.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    his name was Sam, it was a long time ago
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    *sigh*

i really was just sharing an anecdotal story, and sure, a wee bit amazed/saddened by it all...didn't think i had to go into such exacting details, but really, i should know better here. :P
    Yup, I got that, so I related a coupla anecdotes myself, just by way of chiming in with "Ain't dogs something." And whaddya know, people thought Chloe had been killing kittens. :wtf:

So I've got approximately 50 years involved in owning 9 dogs and 1 killed a couple of mice and a lizard and 2 surprised me with dead kittens that they may or may not have killed. As my vet said, they were being dogs. I never found any dead kitties before or after that incident which was about 15 years ago.

Chill, everybody. We're animal lovers here and not concerned about how to keep our pets from becoming assassins. Just talking about what crazy things they sometimes do.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Molly has so far only killed numerous card board boxes, toilet rolls, a small spider, a slug and some houseplants. I may let her read this for inspiration or then again maybe not.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    We're animal lovers here and not concerned about how to keep our pets from becoming assassins. Just talking about what crazy things they sometimes do.

canineassassin128593291512792336.jpg
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    *sigh*

i really was just sharing an anecdotal story, and sure, a wee bit amazed/saddened by it all...didn't think i had to go into such exacting details, but really, i should know better here. :P
    Yup, I got that, so I related a coupla anecdotes myself, just by way of chiming in with "Ain't dogs something." And whaddya know, people thought Chloe had been killing kittens. :wtf:

So I've got approximately 50 years involved in owning 9 dogs and 1 killed a couple of mice and a lizard and 2 surprised me with dead kittens that they may or may not have killed. As my vet said, they were being dogs. I never found any dead kitties before or after that incident which was about 15 years ago.

Chill, everybody. We're animal lovers here and not concerned about how to keep our pets from becoming assassins. Just talking about what crazy things they sometimes do.

Haha, thank you.
    Exactly.
    :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

canineassassin128593291512792336.jpg
    :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Aaaack! Ninja dog! :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."