America: Land Of The Fat

MSnider44MSnider44 Posts: 746
edited July 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Does a hot dog eating contest really need to be the lead story on SportsCenter? Disgusting.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    I found this to be quite interesting. It's better than watching the news and seeing yet another person being shot for some stupid shit.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,687
    brother123 wrote:
    I found this to be quite interesting. It's better than watching the news and seeing yet another person being shot for some stupid shit.

:lol: So true

Did the skinny Japanese guy win again, think his name is Kobeashi (or something like that)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    BLACK35 wrote:
    brother123 wrote:

:lol: So true

Did the skinny Japanese guy win again, think his name is Kobeashi (or something like that)

no the not visibly overweight whit guy won.
    www.myspace.com
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    MSnider44 wrote:
    9 thousand calories in just a few minutes
    that is ridiculous
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,383
    Whats funny is the title of this, yet watching the video and listening to it most competitive eaters are fit.
    As far as the fat I blame Mc Donalds
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,140
    an aussie friend of mine once stated that "america invented 2 things, patriotism and size XXXL shorts..."

:lol:
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,824
    Whats funny is the title of this, yet watching the video and listening to it most competitive eaters are fit.
    As far as the fat I blame Mc Donalds

So the people who decide to eat McDonald's all the time get none of the blame?
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    I blame Juliar Gillard.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Let's reward people and sensationalize one of the seven deadly sins! Yay!
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    it's stone's fault
    i feel bad when there's things like this going on while across the way there are millions of starving people
    i sure hope nathan's hotdog company sends releaf to starving people around the world

it's all fun and games until you get a nathan's wiener crammed up your fat ass

it's the same with racecars... burn up all the fuel you can racing around the world
    racing cars and things and competative eating is stupid as shit
    that dale jr. & friends should be buying all of our fuel beings they use it up like there's no tomorrow

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    i heard a story on the radio this morning that compared to the late 70's, Americans eat an extra 500 calories a day.

:shock:
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    american's being fat, and fat=unhealthy are two hugely overblown concepts. read Michael Gard's End of the Obesity Epidemic it's pretty crazy how researchers keep coming to the same conclusions about fat and health even though their own research brings into question the claims that they are making.
    Y'all not fat, y'all big boned!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Davidtrios wrote:
    i heard a story on the radio this morning that compared to the late 70's, Americans eat an extra 500 calories a day.

:shock:

absolutely. I weigh 24 or more lbs more than I did in the late seventies but then again I was 19. one could see my ribs.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    My friends do weights and are bulky as with muscle but I weigh more yet don't do gym and I am not fat.
    Maybe big boned or internal fat lol?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i've got the munchies now. thanks.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:

Want some cashews?
    The 81 wrote:

Want some cashews?

are they frozen?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

Want some cashews?

are they frozen?

Nah, roasted, salted.
    Y'all not fat, y'all big boned!
    all the above thank you very m much
    it's a real son of a bitch being large and in-charge :twisted:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    the real question is would you rather be large and in charge in America, or "normal" or "low" BMI in Somalia?
    RW81233 wrote:
    the real question is would you rather be large and in charge in America, or "normal" or "low" BMI in Somalia?

Low BMI, easier to put on weight than to lose it.
    RW81233 wrote:

i find your descriptions to be degrading. please edit your post. thanks in advanace
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    The 81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

i find your descriptions to be degrading. please edit your post. thanks in advanace

I'd rather be...I'd rather be....I'd rather be Somalian
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    My BMI rating is borderline obese, and I am American.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    chadwick wrote:
    i feel bad when there's things like this going on while across the way there are millions of starving people
    i sure hope nathan's hotdog company sends releaf to starving people around the world

it's all fun and games until you get a nathan's wiener crammed up your fat ass

it's the same with racecars... burn up all the fuel you can racing around the world
    racing cars and things and competative eating is stupid as shit
    that dale jr. & friends should be buying all of our fuel beings they use it up like there's no tomorrow
    Amen to this.. although Nathan's DOES give monetary donations to a group called Stamp Out Hunger through their founder.. so in all they do give to the hungry as well as feed the stupid.. but you're completely rightnon the other stuff!
    The 81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

I'm not sure what you're finding degrading here? i was using another poster's words in terms of "large and in charge" if you didn't like that wording. Either way the point of my post was that many people attribute ill-health to high body fat here in the US. we do this despite the fact that there is very little evidence that having a high (obese) BMI leads to poor health outcomes (it can lead to joint pain later in life but that's about it...that fat=diabetes, cancer, premature death, etc. is pretty much bullshit). Simultaneously, in poor countries, like Somalia, or even poor parts of the US people don't have access to very much food if at all. As such they land on the "low" or "normal" BMI scale (being low BMI actually correlates to a higher death rate than being morbidly obese), which, it seems even on this board, most people find desirable even if it means that the individual is literally starving.