Derek Jeter All-Star

CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
edited July 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Just like his more recent gold gloves, these are all career achievement awards.

Hopefully, if he's healthy, Jeter leads off the first and Cabrera comes in for the 2nd or 3rd inning and takes it from there.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    The all star game voting is a joke. Should josh Hamilton be there too? No.

Maybe if they didn't leave it.up to the fans, I would actually watch the game.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    And in this goofy sport in has a major role in the world series..imagine that :lol:

As for jeter...deal with it

When you win multiple rings and play with nothing but class for 20 years..people tend to like you
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    What is playing with class? Or playing the right way? Grounding to second base over and over? Fucking girls like it's your job? Not fielding a ball to your left since 1998? He's Tony Romo with a handful of rings. It's funny how things work when they go your way.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Hitting 3,000 hits and never saying a fucking word, winning 5 rings and being in the middle of all of it. Having a .314 career average and being the face of the most famous sports team on the face of the earth. Alex Rodriguez makes it 100% clear that there is one Derek jeter.

Yes, Derek jeter is getting old and is going down hill and yea, people like the hatred and assholes in this thread will love it, but fact is, us Yankees fans have witnessed such an incredible career that none of these fuck faces will ever get to enjoy. So hate all you want, no, jeter should not be an all star this year but he has had one hell of a career and given me more memories than any baseball player ever will.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Hitting 3,000 hits and never saying a fucking word, winning 5 rings and being in the middle of all of it. Having a .314 career average and being the face of the most famous sports team on the face of the earth. Alex Rodriguez makes it 100% clear that there is one Derek jeter.

Yes, Derek jeter is getting old and is going down hill and yea, people like the hatred and assholes in this thread will love it, but fact is, us Yankees fans have witnessed such an incredible career that none of these fuck faces will ever get to enjoy. So hate all you want, no, jeter should not be an all star this year but he has had one hell of a career and given me more memories than any baseball player ever will.

Tell em cliffy..these haters are awesome fools :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    RW81233 wrote:
    What is playing with class? Or playing the right way? Grounding to second base over and over? Fucking girls like it's your job? Not fielding a ball to your left since 1998? He's Tony Romo with a handful of rings. It's funny how things work when they go your way.

THIS TIME,
    it counts. :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Tell em cliffy..these haters are awesome fools :mrgreen:

A bunch of knuckleheads if you ask me. Tony Romo?! Come on, I can't think of a worse comparsion.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    Meh...what are you gonna do? The fans did a pretty decent job overall and there isn't a ton of star power at AL SS. Cabrera, Elvis Andrus, Alexei Ramirez...hard to get worked up over it. Now about C.J. Wilson over C.C. Sabathia...
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I never said Jete's was bad. I just question why playing very well and keeping one's mouth shut is a classy way of doing things? Who defines class or the right way? I think he's pretty boring, and hasn't done enough good with what he has. The reason I said he's like Tony Romo is that he gets more credit than he should from his fans and more hate than he should from those who dislike him. Statistically they both are some of the most successful players their franchises have ever seen, but Jetes has been lucky to be on some unreal teams. Further he's played the media to a T, and because of it gets away with more than he should and has his successes overblown. Can you imagine if any other player whined about their contract situation to the media like Jeter did this year? What would the response have been? So the moral of the story here is to bow down to power long enough so you get leeway later on. I pass, especially on the 4th of July.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    yeah ... great player and all but he's definitely not an all star this year ...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    polaris_x wrote:
    yeah ... great player and all but he's definitely not an all star this year ...

if you're going to say this stupid game determines home field advantage in the world series, the managers should pick the teams.

bud selig is an unbelievable idiot.
    www.myspace.com
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:clap::clap: :thumbup:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:clap::clap: :thumbup:

+1. some people just don't get it.
    if you're going to say this stupid game determines home field advantage in the world series, the managers should pick the teams.

bud selig is an unbelievable idiot.

most all star games have fan voting ... i think they do it pretty good ...

fans then peers then managers ...
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:clap:

I think he has a lot of respect of his team mates and players across the league.. That is class. He also has always looked like he is having fun playing the game. I personally feel like following Jeter over the last two decades has brought a sense of old school baseball to the present day.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)

I think he has a lot of respect of his team mates and players across the league.. That is class. He also has always looked like he is having fun playing the game. I personally feel like following Jeter over the last two decades has brought a sense of old school baseball to the present day.

right but is he deserving to be the starting SS on the AL all star team this year?
    polaris_x wrote:

right but is he deserving to be the starting SS on the AL all star team this year?

As I said in my rant, no he should not be an all star this year but when you have had the success and goodwill he has had, things like that are going to happen.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Glad my drunk angry Jeter rant caught on. :lol: Agreed, I think the respect he has across the league shows in the fact that he still wins gold gloves.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Glad my drunk angry Jeter rant caught on. :lol: Agreed, I think the respect he has across the league shows in the fact that he still wins gold gloves.
    Cliffy, if I can add a few things to the first paragraph of your rant: he's the all-time hits leader for short stops, going to be the first Yankee to get 3,000 hits, and he was the first player to win both All-Star and World Series MVP in the same season. Also, the play that he's probably most known for, the flip play, saved the division series and the season for the Yankees.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    polaris_x wrote:

off the top of my head I would say no, there are better players with better stats for the last 3-4 months. But is all star voting limited to performance over a few months? Is he deserving? maybe.. if we think outside the box and realize that he is a clutch hitter with a .314 career average.

In addition..Now that the all star game is correlated to the WS (ridiculous, btw), I would also say he doesnt belong, especially coming off injury.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy, if I can add a few things to the first paragraph of your rant: he's the all-time hits leader for short stops, going to be the first Yankee to get 3,000 hits, and he was the first player to win both All-Star and World Series MVP in the same season. Also, the play that he's probably most known for, the flip play, saved the division series and the season for the Yankees.

All great stuff. And he has done it all without an ounce of controversy aside from the contract negotiations, which is pretty impressive considering the Internet/TMZ age we live in.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I just want him to get his 3,000th hit so I don't have to hear about it anymore.

As for the AS game, I don't know why people get so riled up about it. Who fucking cares?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

All great stuff. And he has done it all without an ounce of controversy aside from the contract negotiations, which is pretty impressive considering the Internet/TMZ age we live in.
    True. I think he was disappointed someone spoke to the media about the negotiations. You make a good point with the Internet/TMZ age we live in. There was that "incident" (don't think that's the right word) with him and George back in 2002/2003 about him staying out late and partying, which they made fun of in that Visa commercial.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I just want him to get his 3,000th hit so I don't have to hear about it anymore.

As for the AS game, I don't know why people get so riled up about it. Who fucking cares?
    I think he wants to get it over with so he doesn't have to worry about it anymore.
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

True. I think he was disappointed someone spoke to the media about the negotiations. You make a good point with the Internet/TMZ age we live in. There was that "incident" (don't think that's the right word) with him and George back in 2002/2003 about him staying out late and partying, which they made fun of in that Visa commercial.

The negotiations were handled poorly by everyone, I guess it was pretty inevitable though.

Haha, yeah, if that is the biggest problem he has had, I think he is doing alright. If I were him, I can't even begin to tell you the type of shit I would get into.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    is it bad that i didn't know the all-star game was in phoenix up until 2 weeks ago or so?

zero appeal. zero interest.

if i were a manager i would not allow my players to participate. a week's rest is far more important. especially if you are going to be in a dog fight from july - september for a post season spot.
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    I have the utmost level of respect for Jeter, but he shouldn't be starting shortstop this year. In past years I have been cool with it, but this year he obviously doesn't have the numbers. But hey, thats a flaw with fans voting in the starting lineup. You have large market teams, such as the yanks and sox, whose national fanbase can rack up votes and get their players on the starting squad. Thats why the bulk of the starting lineup is yanks/sox players. Unfortunately as a result more deserving players on these teams, such as CC Sabathia, don't make the squad because of the rule that each team has to have a player. Sure, Russell Martin also made it...but catchers a weak position. CC deserved it over Jeter or Martin (in my opinion).

Hard to ignore the other yanks/sox players voted it though. They are the best at their respective positions.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11