Closing Arguments ANTHONY CASE !!! & Baez is a genius !

Comments

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    i guess they couldnt prove casey killed the child.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    well, there was a lot of doubt about a lot of things because of all the lying the family did. As a jury member, you have to consider the "reasonable doubt" part

but still, wow
  • Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    they didn't prove anything . its not her fault the prosecution had no idea .
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    edited July 2011
    well, there was a lot of doubt about a lot of things because of all the lying the family did. As a jury member, you have to consider the "reasonable doubt" part

but still, wow

i understand the reasonable doubt which makes it easy to understand not getting 1st degree murder, but i thought manslaughter for sure. must be a brutal burden to be on the jury and know you let a murderer of a child off scot free. got to be hard to sleep at night with that on your mind.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Hopefully Dexter finds Casey Anthony
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    Davidtrios wrote:

Best analysis yet :clap::clap:
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

Best analysis yet :clap::clap:

:wave:
    pjhawks wrote:

but still, wow

i understand the reasonable doubt which makes it easy to understand not getting 1st degree murder, but i thought manslaughter for sure. must be a brutal burden to be on the jury and know you let a murderer of a child off scot free. got to be hard to sleep at night with that on your mind.

I would hope they understand it's not their fault that the prosecurtors couldn't do their job.
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    I could kind of understand not guilty for first degree murder because it's very hard to prove it without any doubt whatsoever, but I thought her being guilty of child abuse would be pretty certain. How is what she did not child abuse? Using chloroform on an infant?
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    the prosecution sucked. I've been saying she'd get off for weeks now.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

but still, wow

I would hope they understand it's not their fault that the prosecurtors couldn't do their job.

maybe but the bottom line is they let a child murderer go free. sickening.
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    tcaporale wrote:
    I could kind of understand not guilty for first degree murder because it's very hard to prove it without any doubt whatsoever, but I thought her being guilty of child abuse would be pretty certain. How is what she did not child abuse? Using chloroform on an infant?

Or going out partying for 30 days without being able to explain where your child is and then lying about where your child is...wouldn't that be abuse or child endangerment at the very least?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Driftin'AlongDriftin'Along Posts: 1,403
    Better Dan wrote:
    tcaporale wrote:

Or going out partying for 30 days without being able to explain where your child is and then lying about where your child is...wouldn't that be abuse or child endangerment at the very least?

Or that could be interpreted as covering up a murder, but I guess that's just my take on it.
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,776
    If she sold an 8 ball she would be in for 5 years.... No doubt in my mind

She kills her beautiful daughter..... Nada

Murder seems the easiest to get away with

Non violent drug felonies I guess are a lucrative money maker for the state

Justice bought and sold everyday
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    the talking heads are gonna milk this for months!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Better Dan wrote:
    tcaporale wrote:

Or that could be interpreted as covering up a murder, but I guess that's just my take on it.
    Yeah I feel like not reporting your child being gone for 31 days is a pretty good indicator that you're hiding something. Plus all of her erratic behavior apart from that. I just find it hard to understand how the entire jury came to this conclusion, and so quickly as well. I dunno.
    pjhawks wrote:

I didn't sit in that room for the past month plus and I agree that it is sick that she got off, but I don't know how the hell you can blame it on a jury. I am sure all 12 of them "think" she did it, just like you or I think she did it, but they did what they were told and the prosecutors didn't do their job. That's about all you can say. Sure it disgusts me that she is going to be free and even more sickening that there is a possibility she will be able to have a kid again, but I don't know how the fuck you can blame anyone but the lawyers that couldn't do their job.
    tcaporale wrote:
    Yeah I feel like not reporting your child being gone for 31 days is a pretty good indicator that you're hiding something. Plus all of her erratic behavior apart from that. I just find it hard to understand how the entire jury came to this conclusion, and so quickly as well. I dunno.

If you really find it hard to understand then you don't know anything about the American court system. There was NO WAY she could be convicted of murder. I know she did it...just like you know she did it. But the evidence wasn't there and you can't send someone to their death on a hunch.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    I just read about this story.

Trial by media is idiotic.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I didn't sit in that room for the past month plus and I agree that it is sick that she got off, but I don't know how the hell you can blame it on a jury. I am sure all 12 of them "think" she did it, just like you or I think she did it, but they did what they were told and the prosecutors didn't do their job. That's about all you can say. Sure it disgusts me that she is going to be free and even more sickening that there is a possibility she will be able to have a kid again, but I don't know how the fuck you can blame anyone but the lawyers that couldn't do their job.

How did the prosecutors screw up?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Kristen Schall's tweets about this right now are :lol::lol:

SHE TOTALLY FUCKING DID IT

and Kevin Nealon took the words right out of my mouth
    "Casey Anthony will eventually end up in prison when she tries to steal back her memorabilia" :lol:
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

no reasonable person in his right mind doesn't think/know that she killed her child. whether or not the evidence was circumstantial and the prosecution sucked balls i know i couldn't look myself in the mirror each night knowing that person was free because of my vote. it is probably likely under our justice system and our rules that they may have been correct in finding her not guilty but my conscious doesn't govern by law. that's all i'm saying.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,757
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

no reasonable person in his right mind doesn't think/know that she killed her child. whether or not the evidence was circumstantial and the prosecution sucked balls i know i couldn't look myself in the mirror each night knowing that person was free because of my vote. it is probably likely under our justice system and our rules that they may have been correct in finding her not guilty but my conscious doesn't govern by law. that's all i'm saying.

well said!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • faceinthecloudsfaceintheclouds Posts: 1,739
    God what is wrong with that jury.
    I guarantee vivid entertainment will contact her on Thursday.
    Just, not enough.
    I need more.
    Nothing seems to satisfy.
    I said, I dont want it.
    I just need it.
    To breathe, to feel, to know Im alive.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,776
    Don't worry y'all

They will nail her in ten years stealing sports memorabilia

From a hooters
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

How did the prosecutors screw up?

I guess I am being a little harsh, like I said I didn't follow it that closely for the past month plus, I obviously wasn't in the room and only went by what I have read recently. It seems there is a lot of circumstantial evidence and it is pretty obvious she did it though. I would imagine ( I dont have any examples off hand) that people have been convicted of murder with much less evidence though and I would imagine many prosecutors would love to have the information and case they had and they couldn't get it done. Lot's of assuming I guess, I just don't see how they couldn't convince the jury she did it.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I guess I am being a little harsh, like I said I didn't follow it that closely for the past month plus, I obviously wasn't in the room and only went by what I have read recently. It seems there is a lot of circumstantial evidence and it is pretty obvious she did it though. I would imagine ( I dont have any examples off hand) that people have been convicted of murder with much less evidence though and I would imagine many prosecutors would love to have the information and case they had and they couldn't get it done. Lot's of assuming I guess, I just don't see how they couldn't convince the jury she did it.

cliffy i actually totally get where you are coming from so don't sweat it being harsh as you say. legally you are probably right and i was just questionning what thoughts go into a jury after a verdict like this. it would be fascinating to me to see how these people, along with OJ's jury, feel in the ensuing years about their verdict and letting someone who most reasonable people feel is guilty go free.
    Keep smiling, dumbass

smiling-jeff-ashton.jpg?w=450&h=365

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

cliffy i actually totally get where you are coming from so don't sweat it being harsh as you say. legally you are probably right and i was just questionning what thoughts go into a jury after a verdict like this. it would be fascinating to me to see how these people, along with OJ's jury, feel in the ensuing years about their verdict and letting someone who most reasonable people feel is guilty go free.

I agree, I guess my point is that I more feel bad for them then anything that they had to make that decision because the prosecution couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she did it.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,192
    The saddest part of this is that there is no justice served this little girl got killed and none will ever answer for it not even her own Mother ! , I would die for my kids for them to live .......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....