BACK FROM DETOX

phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
edited July 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Hello all,
Today is my first full day out of detox.This is by far the hardest thing I have gone through,I feel like shit.I forced myself to go to work, my head is not straight.It feels so fuzzy and almost like I just stepped out of the worst nightmare possible.I have a wife and 2 young daughters and the pain I feel is indescribable.The guilt is burning in me like acid.And I Know I DESERVE ALL The pain in me, but it just sucks right now.About a year ago I was in a car accident and messed my back up and the doc
prescribed me pain pills and it got so out of control.They had me as soon as I took the first one.needless to say here I am.Sorry just needed to get it out of me aliitle, thanks for listening.
Back to work.
If you hate something dont you do it too
world fucking champs!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Stay strong u got alot to look forward to.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    Thanks for the words of encouragement.I live in levittown too.
    world fucking champs!!!
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    hang in there, stay strong, youre making your family proud
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    phillyfan wrote:
    Where at? I'm in fairless hills now,PHS 1999 grew up in thornridge.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    how long were you in detox? it took me a month before i stopped feeling like i was in a haze. things get clear just gotta hang in there. congrats
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    Congratultions on making it through detox.

This video, although not a Pearl Jam song, seems to fit many situations. Just come back to the board when you need a confidence boost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_MdSu0I620
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    Good luck! I have a cousin who was a heroin addict and beat it. Seven years sober now. Addiction is a terrible thing, but you can overcome it. Stay strong and stick with it!!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Stay positive, you can do it!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Hang in there buddy. The best is yet to come. Stay strong and stay positive!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i would like to go in myself.... good luck and good job
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Day 1 is behind you _ stay strong.

Wishing you peace.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Congrats and good luck to YOU !!!

Those pain pills are the worst things that were ever made, and I do realize that we may need them to control pain. I have used them occasionally - but never long enough to get addicted to them.

I wish you all the best and stay strong and don't give up.... the worst is just about over. :thumbup:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
    phillyfan wrote:
    Where at? I'm in fairless hills now,PHS 1999 grew up in thornridge.
    I am in north park, graduated from bensalem 95
    Thanks everyone feels good to come on here, take me away from work.
    world fucking champs!!!
    megatron wrote:
    how long were you in detox? it took me a month before i stopped feeling like i was in a haze. things get clear just gotta hang in there. congrats
    I was in there 5 days.thanks for the good words
    world fucking champs!!!
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    This place is a whole other addiction!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Good luck with it all! I'm sure there's a number of board members who might be able to chat with you about it too.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    how is your back? have you tried acupuncture or a chiropractor? both have kept me from surgery.
    I hope you are doing ok.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    eventually things will get back to normal..I have just recently kicked alcohol and that is hard too.. but after awhile it'll be back to the way it was before the addiction.. can't wait for that to hit!!lol Proud of ya!! Keep up the good fight!!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,969
    Stop on by and chat a while

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=29105&p=3748742#p3748742

We're here to help each other.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Hang in there - sounds like you've been through some tough times. Good for you for making changes! I hope you feel better soon!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    Hang in there man, it does get better. One day at a time is brilliant. ;)
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,969
    jmurray wrote:
    Hang in there man, it does get better. One day at a time is brilliant. ;)
    yes indeed. it is.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    stay strong
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• neutron baumneutron baum Posts: 294
    My significant other went through a car accident and was and is still addicted to high doses of pain pills. Living with this addict is like living with a monster. I applaud you for getting help, not just for you but for your family as well. Stay strong buddy, things are so much clearer once they're in the rearview mirror just remember that.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Good for you. Hang in there and know you've got a whole bunch of people out there rooting for you.
    iluvcats wrote:
    how is your back? have you tried acupuncture or a chiropractor? both have kept me from surgery.
    I hope you are doing ok.
    My back is still bothering me, but I'm ok with that,I will deal.I have about 3 bulging discs and 2 herniated.And a constant pain that runs down my leg from nerve damage.
    Again thank you all.I prescribed myself lots of pj
    world fucking champs!!!
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Stop on by and chat a while

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=29105&p=3748742#p3748742

We're here to help each other.
    Thanks I will definitely check it out.
    world fucking champs!!!
  • PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    I think it's awesome that you had the guts to go to detox and get yourself sorted out. I think that to say you 'deserve' it is kind of harsh - it wasn't like you planned the accident just so you could get hooked on pain killers. But hey...you are where you are, and it is what it is. And now you have to stay straight and keep going. One minute at a time.

Hang in there! You can do this!
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Good luck and good vibes heading your way ((((((phillyfan)))))). You should be proud of dealing with this for your family's sake; but you should be even more proud for dealing with your addiction for the sake of yourself :thumbup:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Stay strong man. Your family needs you. Congrats for tAking the first step....:clap:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless