Options

Met Jeff last night

2»

Comments

• Options
    PearlJen22PearlJen22 Posts: 106
    wow, what are the odds of THAT happening. Seeing Ed, going to the state next door and running into Jeff.

That's some pretty damn slim odds.

The force is with you :)

Nice story :D

Exactly!!!!!
    That was point of posting!!!!!!!!!!
    I just couldn't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know.. I feel like I should play the lotto or something!
    I have no idea what this means.. but I thought it was erie that it happened on 8-8-08 on 8th Ave...hmmmmmmmmm

haha
  • Options
    PearlJen79 wrote:
    Exactly!!!!!

I have no idea what this means.. but I thought it was erie that it happened on 8-8-08 on 8th Ave...hmmmmmmmmm

haha

your UN is PearlJen79....the missing number? 8!
    model role model
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Wow, lucky you, PearlJen! Was he waiting for a ride too? And to actually see him walking toward you...that must bugged you out! I would have died and gone to Heaven. :)

Did he happen to say where he was going? ;)
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Wow, lucky you, PearlJen! Was he waiting for a ride too? And to actually see him walking toward you...that must bugged you out! I would have died and gone to Heaven. :)

Did he happen to say where he was going? ;)

haha.. it was bizarre!
    I thought.. WTF is going on here...
    I thought it would be a little much to ask where he was going, and/or to offer him a ride... since I was picked up moments later. ;)

I've met other members of the band, including Jeff... but it was always because I made it happen.. ie.. waiting around after their show, going to the hotel..etc...never have I just run into one...
    When I saw those pics last year of Eddie and family in the airport in Toronto.. I thought, now why didn't I plan a trip on that day to Toronto! haha
  • Options
    PearlJen79 wrote:
    I've met other members of the band, including Jeff... but it was always because I made it happen.. ie.. waiting around after their show, going to the hotel..etc...never have I just run into one...
    I managed to run into Jeff the day after the Albany show 2 years ago in a town 1/2 an hour north (Saratoga) in a deli. Never expected to see him there! Pure luck. He's a great guy!
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    I managed to run into Jeff the day after the Albany show 2 years ago in a town 1/2 an hour north (Saratoga) in a deli. Never expected to see him there! Pure luck. He's a great guy!

Did you ask for a side of Jeff?

sorry.. so bad.. just had to..
    ;)
  • Options
    MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    cool
  • Options
    PearlJen79 wrote:
    Did you ask for a side of Jeff?

sorry.. so bad.. just had to..
    ;)

LOL. ;)
  • Options
    MrsOakleyMrsOakley Posts: 181
    That's too funny. I was just thinking about that today. I still feel bad for that guy who generously shared when Jeff spoke to his class at U of Montana. He got reamed for it! quote]

I'll never get over that, the guy completely redefined "no good deed ever goes unpunished!"
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    on a search for anything pure."
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
    "See, he's got me kinda riled already...jerk..."
    Stoney, about Eddie, with love! (And to his face!)
  • Options
    PearlJen79 wrote:
    He just saw the Police @ MSG.
    It was the The Police's final concert ever.

I was at the Police concert last night and saw Jeff. I was in the first row of the loge and he was on the floor in the section right of front of me. I only noticed him because he was behind Leo DiCaprio. Ironically, he was basically in the same place that I was sitting for the PJ show last month -- second to the last row of the first section of the floor.

He's been making the rounds in NYC. The night before last, my friend saw both him and Eddie at the premiere party for the new Woody Allen film, Vicky Cristina Barcelona.
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    PearlJen79 wrote:
    Exactly!!!!!

haha
    whoa! Very cool!
    Great story!
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    Sure it was.....

Yeah, I think The Who had one of those (Last Show Ever) about 20 years ago...now I have tickets to see them in ROCKTOBER!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    Awesome story.
  • Options
    petrocs wrote:
    I saw the Police last summer...$150 1 hour 40 minutes 1 encore song...wow...puts a PJ show into perspective

Ya, and they barely (if at all) change the setlist. There songs aren't great to begin with. THIS is why i love PJ so much... (and BRUCE!).
    Camden - 5/28/06; Camden - 6/20/08; MSG - 6/25/08; Newark - (Ed Solo) 8/7/08; Philly - (Ed Solo) 6/12/09; Philly - 10/30/09; Philly - 10/31/09; Newark - 5/18/10; MSG - 5/20/10; MSG - 5/21/10
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    firstly, to the OP...wow, what an awesome story! great for you! :D

nycslacker wrote:
    I was at the Police concert last night and saw Jeff. I was in the first row of the loge and he was on the floor in the section right of front of me. I only noticed him because he was behind Leo DiCaprio. Ironically, he was basically in the same place that I was sitting for the PJ show last month -- second to the last row of the first section of the floor.

He's been making the rounds in NYC. The night before last, my friend saw both him and Eddie at the premiere party for the new Woody Allen film, Vicky Cristina Barcelona.

this, you people are killin' me! me and my sis were at the final police show at MSG too. saw no one. of course, we were about mid-court 200 level. pretty nice seats overall, but a bit far from the action for spotting anyone in the crowd. :p besides which, i was rather busy watching the B-52s and the the police! i always refer to the police as the pearl jam of my youth. yes, i loved them THAT much, but a special, special love for stewart copeland. ;)

man, that would've been awesome to run into jeff. that is exactly how i'd love to meet any of the boys, not trying...just happens. of course, i'd like it to become a few hours worth of convo :p.....but yea, a random chance encounter would be uber cool! :cool: eh, i whisked right outta there to get my train home. *sighs*....some day.............
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow