everyone please give chiquimonkey a great BIG HUG!!!

Comments

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Oh B--I am so sorry to read about your mom.
    Stay strong.

Hugs to you....
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Much love and many hugs to you B.
  • appieappie Posts: 1,441
    {{{{{big hug}}}}}

Sending good thoughts and vibes your way
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    There are no words to express how sorry I am for your loss. ((((B)))) Much love going out to you, your dad and your sister. I wish for you strength to get though the next phase of your life.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Hugs to you, I'm very sorry for your loss...
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    still thinking of you and yours..
    (listening to pj music helps soothe the soul)
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• sorry to hear this chiqui, sending my love and thoughts and prayers to you and your family through this hard time

it's good to know you were with her and did the best you could to make those last days comfortable - you've done amazing and i wish you & your family strength and peace to get through this sad time

<< hugs >>
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    hug.jpg
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Another kitty hug-->
    virtual%252520hug.jpg
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    Just wanted to express my thanks again for everyone's concern and love. Please know that we are feeling it.

Been hanging in there, my aunt and uncle flew in from Jersey so it is good to have them here, and friends have been visiting to give us comfort. I know it will be a long road ahead, and the pain will never really go away. I guess it's just a matter of learning to live with it. I'm a little scared about how the sadness will hit me, as I'm just going through waves right now. I was going through some photos to display at the rosary, that was hard, but also comforting in a way, seeing how happy she was in them...all the places we went to, fun that we all had.

I'm also nervous about the funeral, we're going to the funeral home tomorrow to make plans. Fortunately my dad is so organized, that he had paid the funeral home a couple of years ago and made arrangements, as to ease the pain of planning such a thing, so hopefully it will go smoothly. I have no idea how I'm gonna be at the service, but I guess there's no point in worrying. Whatever I feel, I feel. I'm hoping I can keep it together but we'll see :(
  • pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Posts: 3,428
    Been hanging in there, my aunt and uncle flew in from Jersey so it is good to have them here, and friends have been visiting to give us comfort. I know it will be a long road ahead, and the pain will never really go away. I guess it's just a matter of learning to live with it. I'm a little scared about how the sadness will hit me, as I'm just going through waves right now. I was going through some photos to display at the rosary, that was hard, but also comforting in a way, seeing how happy she was in them...all the places we went to, fun that we all had.

I wish I could give you a big bear hug right now, my dear. I'm glad you're finding things to smile about...it'll help to remember those things when you're feeling sad.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    My condolences for your loss B.

I have someting that might brighten your day, I met a really cool guy on Saturday at the Ed show and he was wearing one of your shirts. :D
    Thank you ladies. Yeah the happy memories will help for sure...just looking thru my photos and seeing the progression of her being sick over the past couple of years, it was sad to see. But that was definitely countered by the photos where she was healthy and having fun.

Pure that is cool about the shirt :)
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    "A mother is she
    who can take the place of all others
    but whose place no one else can take."
    - Cardinal Mermillod -
    My deepest condolences to you, Chiqui.
    My thoughts + prayers as well.
    Sincerely.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
    Dru_Cortez wrote:
    "A mother is she
    - Cardinal Mermillod -
    Sincerely.
    Beautiful quote. And thank you. I am terrified of the next two days, we have the rosary tomorrow and the funeral on Wednesday :( This is going to be so damn hard.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Dru_Cortez wrote:
    "A mother is she
    - Cardinal Mermillod -
    Sincerely.
    Beautiful quote. And thank you. I am terrified of the next two days, we have the rosary tomorrow and the funeral on Wednesday :( This is going to be so damn hard.

I am glad you have your family for support. I wish you well, Chiqui.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    big hugs from over in Scotland chiqui... :wave:

5646719244_ce16d154ec.jpg
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    thumbnail.aspx?q=957837481814&id=cd20c6a61e3ce6a4af1aa1bbb3db0c31&url=http%3a%2f%2flistsoplenty.com%2fpix%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2009%2f12%2fcute-little-monkey-hug.jpg

I hope you had a good birthday.
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
    Thanks everyone.

Hoping to summon as much strength and courage as I can for this morning, the funeral is in a few hours :(
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Thanks everyone.

Hoping to summon as much strength and courage as I can for this morning, the funeral is in a few hours :(

Somehow you have it. I didn't think I would be able to speak at my mother's funeral and my daughter didn't think she would be able to play my mother's favourite songs on the violin but somehow, we did....

Will be thinking of you. xxxx
    redrock wrote:
    Thanks everyone.

Somehow you have it. I didn't think I would be able to speak at my mother's funeral and my daughter didn't think she would be able to play my mother's favourite songs on the violin but somehow, we did....

Will be thinking of you. xxxx
    Thank you. I just finished rewriting my notes for the eulogy, and wrote a letter to her to slip in her purse to put in the casket. I figure I just have to keep it somewhat together at the funeral, will probably lose it completey at the burial, and then can just fall apart afterwards when we get back home.

This all still feels so surreal.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    We'll all be thinking about you today B.
  • Thanks everyone.

sending my thoughts & prayers your way, to you and your family.

you have the strength and courage in you already - you've done so much for her, you were there with her. it's hard but don't doubt your strength throughout it already. you've done as much as you could.

i can't imagine how hard it must be, wishing you the best at the funeral and afterwards as well.

thinking of you chiqui, so sorry for your loss.
    RIP to your mother, you truly are a testament to her and your family
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I'm so sorry chiqui...sending you big {{{HUGS}}} and my thoughts are with you and your family...be strong for your mom today.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,457
    Again...
    I am sorry for your loss.....

Stay strong Cheeky....

Michael
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    More adorable kitten hugs for you

two.kittens.hugging-713815.jpg
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Thinking you Chiqui....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbD3apeTffYmjW94YlhAdhDqjtRZUTmDidY358BfpdfJ6i34Fb&t=1
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Thank you everyone. Home now from the funeral, I am absolutely spent. All went well, was able to keep it together. Got compliments on the eulogy afterwards so I guess I did a decent job.
    sending my thoughts & prayers your way, to you and your family.

you have the strength and courage in you already - you've done so much for her, you were there with her. it's hard but don't doubt your strength throughout it already. you've done as much as you could.

i can't imagine how hard it must be, wishing you the best at the funeral and afterwards as well.

thinking of you chiqui, so sorry for your loss.
    RIP to your mother, you truly are a testament to her and your family
    Thanks so much. I am glad I was able to be strong, now how to deal with all this as the days and weeks come will be a challenge...but I have a good support system around me thank goodness.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Thanks so much. I am glad I was able to be strong, now how to deal with all this as the days and weeks come will be a challenge...but I have a good support system around me thank goodness.
    I admire you for giving your mother's eulogy.
    When my dad died, I wanted to do the readings at his funeral mass but decided not to after talking to a good friend about it. I probably could have done all right but decided not to push it.

I'm glad you have supportive people around you. It makes such a difference.

Big hugs to you from Texas.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    I admire you for giving your mother's eulogy.
    When my dad died, I wanted to do the readings at his funeral mass but decided not to after talking to a good friend about it. I probably could have done all right but decided not to push it.

I'm glad you have supportive people around you. It makes such a difference.

Big hugs to you from Texas.
    I was nervous to do it, I had written out a general outline and had practiced it a few times, each time crying at the end. But I saw my best friend outside the church and told her how nervous I was and she just said to go with my gut. I'm glad that I did it. I was expecting my uncle to say something too but he said he wasn't so if I hadn't, nobody would have. I kept it light but respectful. I also slipped a letter I wrote to my mom into her casket above her heart.

I am definitely blessed to have good people around me. I wouldn't be able to get through otherwise, of this I am sure.

Thanks for the hugs, I can use every single one!