a year ago today....

2»

Comments

• decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    Whoa that is a total mind fuck of a day , we all missed you around these parts and now you're back and for that this place is better off Maria :) i look forward to the next time i can hang with you and talk about the good times that are ahead for you ..
    After all there is only one way you can go from where you were and that is up :)

Well damn, let's not test fate or karma with that eh? :?
    :lol:

Seriously, thank you all for your kind words, it means a LOT to me....you've no idea.
    I definitely look forward to better days, and certainly try to remain optimistic. Tho I readily admit, some days it is a lot more difficult that others when you just can't quite see your way around the bend...

Polaris, I must admit...I'm a bit lost with your question, haha.

Btw NYers, August 5th I think, No Code boat cruise. I believe the dreamers will be in attendance, so feel free to buy drinks. ;):lol::mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,255
    Whoa that is a total mind fuck of a day , we all missed you around these parts and now you're back and for that this place is better off Maria :) i look forward to the next time i can hang with you and talk about the good times that are ahead for you ..
    After all there is only one way you can go from where you were and that is up :)

Well damn, let's not test fate or karma with that eh? :?

Seriously, thank you all for your kind words, it means a LOT to me....you've no idea.
    I definitely look forward to better days, and certainly try to remain optimistic. Tho I readily admit, some days it is a lot more difficult that others when you just can't quite see your way around the bend...

Btw NYers, August 5th I think, No Code boat cruise. I believe the dreamers will be in attendance, so feel free to buy drinks. ;):lol::mrgreen:

8/5 Really :)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

Si, si mi amigo.
    Rocks off boat cruise or something along those lines.
    It's been a rough road, hubby and I can definitely use the fun night, so pretty solid well be there. Surprised Tony didn't send you the link. I'll try to do it later if I remember. :lol:

Don't understand why I cant get to my whole post, ugh....but, skillet? Really autocorrect? Fuckers. Hahaha. I meant skill set. C

And hey, anyone hear of anything awesome, whatever it may be, let me know! My last position was a total fluke. It did not utilize my skillet nearly as much as it could've, nor was it very challenging to me but,....it had it's pluses. So I am open. I am most definitely serious that come January, it will be time to take just about anything :? So you bet I want to find something. Lot more promising soon!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    :

Sorry iPhone! Saving words! Haha

Brooklyn grange is an urban rooftop farm in queens. Seeing as you like to garden - I think it might be something you can get involved in.
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    D2D, so glad you're back here. You were missed.....................much love!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
    Beso.
    :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    The yard looks beautiful :)

Of course I am glad to have you back and can't wait to see you in Montreal...and possibly TO.
    The yard looks beautiful :)

Of course I am glad to have you back and can't wait to see you in Montreal...and possibly TO.

grazie! :)
    if i may say, it looks even better now...warmer weather, good rains, and yes, mr. dream and i did another garden improvement project - expanded the gravel space. will of course post pics, eventually ;), in the gardening thread. the saddest thing for us about losing that gorgeous black walnut is we lost all our beautiful SHADE. we had a shady, cool garden space - except where the veggies are...and now it is almost all full sun during most of the day. :( thus why we had to get a second umbrella near the adirondack chair seating area. now, all the plants in the yard do seem happier - they're all yay! sun! :P but, we enjoyed our shade. eh well. we did plant a new tree, but it'll be a good # of years until it ever makes shade, ad it will never make as much as this beautiful old guy. very sad to lose it, tho hubby is happy to lose all the walnuts in the grass! i thik the squirrels are a bit sad too. :lol:

just look at the size of the trunk after cutting - and the rot! had NO idea, the tree has looked perfectly healthy, always! one bad windstorm, blew it down like a stick...

logstogo.jpg
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,239

Si, si mi amigo.
    Rocks off boat cruise or something along those lines.
    It's been a rough road, hubby and I can definitely use the fun night, so pretty solid well be there. Surprised Tony didn't send you the link. I'll try to do it later if I remember. :lol:

Don't understand why I cant get to my whole post, ugh....but, skillet? Really autocorrect? Fuckers. Hahaha. I meant skill set. C

And hey, anyone hear of anything awesome, whatever it may be, let me know! My last position was a total fluke. It did not utilize my skillet nearly as much as it could've, nor was it very challenging to me but,....it had it's pluses. So I am open. I am most definitely serious that come January, it will be time to take just about anything :? So you bet I want to find something. Lot more promising soon!

That sounds like something I'd attend. I think I can miss a Yankee-Red Sox game for it, especially since it's in Boston.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    That sounds like something I'd attend. I think I can miss a Yankee-Red Sox game for it, especially since it's in Boston.

ha i just asked in the wine thread if youd be attending, good job!
    i'll send out an email to the regulars at some point too. figure tony would love the boost, i havent seen anyone in ages, and a few years ago we saw some other pj tribute on a boat cruise, mr. dream loved it, we all had a blast...good times are definitely in dire need, pronto!

life goes on eh?
    :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

i'll send out an email to the regulars at some point too. figure tony would love the boost, i havent seen anyone in ages, and a few years ago we saw some other pj tribute on a boat cruise, mr. dream loved it, we all had a blast...good times are definitely in dire need, pronto!

life goes on eh?

I remember that one, It was April 28, 2007 and it departed from the West Side of Manhattan.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024

life goes on eh?

I remember that one, It was April 28, 2007 and it departed from the West Side of Manhattan.

wow, i have NO idea how you remember that! :D
    bt it was a lot of fun, and yea...we need some FUN!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

RKCNDY wrote:
    Xavier, I love this:

One thing I've learned from my experiences is that we can't be loyal to any company, only loyal to ourselves and the people that truly care about us because in the end, they don't care.

a year ago today, I had been unemployed for 4 months...angry that I had been so fiercely loyal to my company...hell, I was hired as the owner's wife's personal assistant as soon as I was hired at the company!

But ya live and learn, right?

Glad to have ya here Dream...I know if I didn't have the forum I'd be going stir crazy!

unemployed's unite together! :lol:

Thanks for the kind words in this thread. Obviously you do the best job you can, but in no way should you let whatever job consume your life. I once I had a job interview for some kind of editing position where the interviewer told me she works from 7 AM to 9 PM. Hearing that led me to believe that it's a case of being more inefficient than a case of anyone having that much work. Needless to say I wasn't offered it, but no big deal.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I was wondering where you were too :) I'm sorry for everything that has happened this past yr.
    Good luck on your job hunt.

Hugs to you; you've been sending everyone else hugs, you need an Internet hug!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    at Castle Fuckula we have the prominent position of "annoying American tourist" going? you get a free fanny pack.

nice to see you around and good to hear you're keeping your chin up... :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    at Castle Fuckula we have the prominent position of "annoying American tourist" going? you get a free fanny pack.

I'm no tourist. :mrgreen:

Thanks.
    Thanks to cats too!
    All good thoughts most appreciated.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Its good to have you back :) Sorry for the shitty year. Sounds like you have an awesome support in Mr Dream ;)
    all you need is love, love is all you need
    tinkerbell wrote:
    Its good to have you back :) Sorry for the shitty year. Sounds like you have an awesome support in Mr Dream ;)

grazie. now if i could only support myself again, life would be good. :?
    :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

dunkman wrote:

listen, one year out of work you'll take what i fucking give you.

:wave: ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    So sorry about the damage to your home and being out of work for a year. Sending you good vibes and prayers hoping everything will turn around for you soon.
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,701
    norm wrote:
    yep...it's been a pretty shitty year

but in the words of cliff poncier "this negativity just makes me stronger" :mrgreen:

:wave:
    This weekend we rock Portland!
    This weekend we rock Portland
    dunkman wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

listen, one year out of work you'll take what i fucking give you.

:wave: ;)

:evil:
    can't i just be an annoying american?
    damn, don't even meet the criteria for a position at castle fuckula.
    things are dire!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

things are dire!

Don't do it! Stay away from all openings at Castle Fuckula, especially tilted kilt inspector.
    things are dire!

so you want to go for the position of Annoying American? Well its you and 299,999,999 others that will be in for the job.

also, you did meet the criteria... as you are an annoying American and you have been a tourist... but you tried to change the job title within 1 day of me offering it to you... in light of this pugnacious approach to employment I hereby offer the post to 3inputchick... sorry
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    If a tree falls on your house, does it make a sound?

D2D...good to see you back!