Your Beauty Regime / Beauty Products

2»

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Is there any way to stop hairs from greying lol.
    26 and a few gray strands already :(

i skipped gray and went directly to white. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Semen face mask.

If that really worked, I'd look 17 years old!! ;):mrgreen::lol:

that's the money post right there....

have a good day.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    The 81 wrote:

Albino ;)
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    The 81 wrote:

Albino ;)

no...but i don't get gray hair, i get white ones. used to get red in the beard, now those are far and few between, replaced by white ones everywhere. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    The 81 wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Semen face mask.

If that really worked, I'd look 17 years old!! ;):mrgreen::lol:

that's the money shot right there....

have a good day.
    fixed :P
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Well Zig, it really depends on your skin...dry, sensitive, oily blahblahblah...

I agree with FifthElement, you NEED to wash your face...if you don't, your make-up will settle in your pores, clog them up, give you blackheads, pimples etc...and your skin can't breathe. I quit using soaps (for my face) and use a warm washcloth to cleanse most of it away, and follow with a toner, and use a light moisturizer (thick moisturizers clog pores). If you feel like you need to use a 'soap' use Cetaphil: http://www.cetaphil.com/default.aspx I also use baby shampoo for my face if I feel really grubby.

I use sunscreen every day..even if it's cloudy/rainy out, you still need to use it! I switched to an 'organic' sunscreen, it only has titanium dioxide and zinc oxide in it.

Don't use anything else that has retinol or what not...I have good genes, so I still look pretty young. Though as I approach 'cougar age' I'm thinking I should start... :? :lol:

oh, I highlight my hair...I started going gray when I was 23. :evil:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    I've been taking fish oil tablets daily for a few years and have noticed my skin is a lot smoother than it used to be. I use a moisturiser with a sunscreen if I'm going outside. At night I use Bio Oil or a paraben free moisturiser.
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    :oops: I only use ivory soap and water on face daily. I never wear foundation...I can't stand the feeling of a coating on my skin...even just powder types...it makes my skin crawl...and break out...super sensitive skin. :?
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    In the morning, I rinse my face with a washcloth and water only. Then Aveeno moisturizer with SPF 15 or 30, depending on the season.

I don't wear any makeup, ever.

Over the course of the day... Usually lightly splash with water a couple of times & pat dry.

At night before bed, Aveeno foaming facial cleanser, then a tiny bit of Aveeno night cream.

I like that product line, it's in all the drug stores, Targets and such around here. About $8 per container, except the night stuff which is $14 but lasts a long time since you only need a tiny bit.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    In the morning, I rinse my face with a washcloth and water only. Then Aveeno moisturizer with SPF 15 or 30, depending on the season.

I don't wear any makeup, ever.

Over the course of the day... Usually lightly splash with water a couple of times & pat dry.

At night before bed, Aveeno foaming facial cleanser, then a tiny bit of Aveeno night cream.

I like that product line, it's in all the drug stores, Targets and such around here. About $8 per container, except the night stuff which is $14 but lasts a long time since you only need a tiny bit.

Great suggestion. I think I might try this. :thumbup:

Oh, and I don't often wear eye stuff or lipstick either...only for the once a year belly dance recital, and then I suffer with itchy eyes, losing eyelashes and chapped up lips. :( It's not worth it, now that I just wrote that. :think:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I'm 32....and I'm getting more and more wrinkles near my eyes and dimples when I smile and laugh....which is all the fucking time.

I don't use any beauty products on my face at all....and never take my make up off. I basically wash my face with baby soap when I have a shower and sometimes when it feels or looks dry I moisturise it with a moisturiser I use for the rest of my body.

My friend (30) was shocked I didn't cleanse, tone and moisturise twice a day. She said she noticed a difference in her face when she started and now she said her fine wrinkle lines are smoother and less noticeable. The stuff my friend uses is about $100 a bottle x three products plus masks, peels, exfoliating scrubs etc etc. Fuck that!! Surely there are cheaper options that work just as well?

Do beauty regimes really work?
    What is your daily (or weekly?) beauty regime?
    What products do you use or recommend?

Also, are there any guys here that cleanse, tone and moisturise regularly?
    I'm the same way!
    Never went through a bad acne phase in high school either...
    Despite oily skin.

My problem is black heads. Lately I'm also experiencing blemishing (but I was reading that it might be due to weight loss). Today I spetn 20 dollars on a twice-a-week cleanser from the Body Shop. EEk... I never buy that kind of stuff. But I guess I better start taking care of it :S
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    I have always used cleanser in the shower and moisturized - can't be bothered with toner. In the past year my skin has become really sensitive and would brake out with everything I tried until I swapped to cetaphil (like someone said before) I use a gentle cleanser every morning in the shower and a cream moisturizer morning and night (I have dry skin) I use Johnson's gentle make up removing wipes to take off my makeup and when I remember I use an Avon eye cream. Nothing I use costs over $20 and most bottles last 2-3 months.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    after showering i like baby oil or a body lotion of some kind. not every single time mind you, just whenever i remember or and wanna feel brand new again. i brush my teeth often, 4 or more times a day im sure. my hair is in serious need of help. that is all.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    I find that what I put on the skin matters less then what I put in the body. When I eat well and drink a lot of water I look better. After 3 weeks of holidays, lots of beer, not many veggies and fresh food, nothing I put on my skin seems to help. Daily I use suncreen (titanium dioxide in mineral foundation), no special creams...I wash with water, and neutrogena. I hear that omega-3 can help with skin and hair... approching a decade marker birthday...have a few wrinkles...but they show I have lived and laughed...and squinted. Perhaps I should wear my glasses more:(
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Ziggy I agree with a few here ... you need to at the very least wash your face to get rid of the make up and use sunscreen or moisturiser.Products don't have to be expensive.

I have had skin problems for years and have spent £££ over the years of every potion and lotion known to man and beast.Thankfully I now attend dermatology at hospital and my skin care routine has changed to being very simple but clearly effective.

I wash my face twice a day with Dermol 500,£10 for a massive pump dispenser tub,lasts me 3 months,it is a super light skin emollient for puristic dry skin conditions,I then use Aveeno mosturizer,£4 last's about the same time and now I never go without sunscreen factor 30+ ... it's never hot in Scotland and rains pretty much every day ... but the dermatologist stressed I need sunscreen on my skin even although it may seem cloudy.

The only "cosmetic" product I now use is Dermalogica's PreCleanse for make up removal.An amazing light oil product that I use of my face dry to take off all makeup prior to cleansing,£18 for a small bottle,but a li'dab'il'do'yah to remove any makeup.

I have cut out caffeine all together :wtf: and now drink 2 litres of water a day,I upped my fruit intake,not too keen on veggies so do the healthy thing with fruit.I haven't drank or smoked for years.

I have noticed an improvement with the combo of these changes ... the sweet thing is I have very few wrinkles,I'm 42 and I look younger than my friends who are the same age.

Ziggy I really do think it is worth looking after your skin.I also have P.C.O.S,as I read you have too,I know the skin problems it can also cause but if that is you in your avatar,you are beautiful ... a wee help with a face wash and some moisturiser will keep you that way :D
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I have no skin problems at all....no pimples or blackheads etc....I may get one very occasionally....which is probably why I've never done anything to my skin....I've had no need....except now I'm noticing fine wrinkles.

Looks like I need to buy a make up remover and a moisturiser at least....but have to now decide which one?

Has anyone had botox here....or will admit it?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    pandora wrote:
    lots of Vitamin D .... sunshine 8-)

Yikes Pandora! Sunshine is the key to aging your skin (not to mention being prone to skin cancer). You can't be serious!

Olay Regenerist for me, it works well. And lots of sunblock. Like others, I just wash with lukewarm water, and at night, Olivella olive oil. (I have dry skin)
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    I have in the past used Nivea Q10 and found that was nice on my skin and only about $15 at the supermarket.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    A lot skin creams and moisturisers have parabens in them (methylparaben etc) which has been linked to breast cancer, eg. parabens were found when breast tumours were excised and examined. I now buy paraben free stuff. Just sayin'.
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Noxzema-Original-Facewash-Cream.jpg:D
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    I use arbonne products. All natural..gluten free. Works wonders for me. I don't have issues with pimples...acne or anything like that. I love arbonne products.
  • Dru_CortezDru_Cortez Posts: 953
    My gf has all sorts of
    lotions n' potions that I can't even
    BEGIN to decipher!
    I will say this though: we are both
    big fans of most ANYTHING from
    the store 'Lush'.
    Their 'Volcano Foot Scrub':
    http://www.lush.ca/shop/products/body/f ... -foot-mask
    is brilliant.
    Cheers.

PS In retrospect, I would've chosen a different thread for my 400th post-
    dammit!
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.