Your Beauty Regime / Beauty Products

ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm 32....and I'm getting more and more wrinkles near my eyes and dimples when I smile and laugh....which is all the fucking time.

I don't use any beauty products on my face at all....and never take my make up off. I basically wash my face with baby soap when I have a shower and sometimes when it feels or looks dry I moisturise it with a moisturiser I use for the rest of my body.

My friend (30) was shocked I didn't cleanse, tone and moisturise twice a day. She said she noticed a difference in her face when she started and now she said her fine wrinkle lines are smoother and less noticeable. The stuff my friend uses is about $100 a bottle x three products plus masks, peels, exfoliating scrubs etc etc. Fuck that!! Surely there are cheaper options that work just as well?

Do beauty regimes really work?
What is your daily (or weekly?) beauty regime?
What products do you use or recommend?

Also, are there any guys here that cleanse, tone and moisturise regularly?
★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Nivea for men face wash.
    Nothing more, nothing less.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I only use warm water (probably should be using cool water) on my face. I NEVER use any kind of soap on my face and I use a moisturizer. I'm a guy by the way.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

Is there any way to stop hairs from greying lol.
    26 and a few gray strands already :(
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000

I'll tell you the answer if you can tell me the answer: Is there anyway to stop hairs from falling out?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

Danimal wrote:

I'll tell you the answer if you can tell me the answer: Is there anyway to stop hairs from falling out?

Advanced Hair or Ashley & Martin.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328

Yeah....hair dye. :lol: Wait until you find a grey pube! :o It's a sad day when that happens. Brazilian wax those little fuckers right out! :x
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Yeah....hair dye. :lol: Wait until you find a grey pube! :o It's a sad day when that happens. Brazilian wax those little fuckers right out! :x

lol I don't think they grey.
    I have shaved hair, # 2 clippers.
    Can't dye that lol.

I read something on news.com.au the other day, they are working on some pill to reverse greying.

Oh they grey all right.... :lol:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I want highlights in mine when I need to dye them.
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I want highlights in mine when I need to dye them.

Ohhh nice!! I'm going to straighten mine and part them down the middle with the help of some mousse! Hot!! :lol:
    It is gonna be the IN thing hehe
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    edited June 2011
    I only use a very gentle cleanser, but I've been using Retin-A since I was 20 and it definitely makes a difference. Strangers have come up to me and commented that I have nice skin (despite the fact that I'm really really bad about using sunscreen), so I think retinol products work.
    Post edited by comebackgirl on
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    Semen face mask.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
    I only use a very gentle cleanser, but I've been using Retin-A since I was 20 and it definitely makes a difference. Strangers have come up to me and commented that I have nice skin (despite the fact that I'm really really bad about using sunscreen), so I think retinol products work.

Retin-A....never heard of it....will look it up.
    Semen face mask.

If that really worked, I'd look 17 years old!! ;):mrgreen::lol:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Retin-A....never heard of it....will look it up.
    There are other retinol products that are less harsh...basically I think it's a chemical exfoliator. It was prescribed for me when I was younger and had a lot of breakouts, but I liked the result so much I've kept using it. Now there are a bunch you can get without a prescription, but it's actually way cheaper for me to get the prescribed kind. Just be careful, because they can really dry your skin out until you get used to them.

Gotta fight those 7 signs of aging.
    There are other retinol products that are less harsh...basically I think it's a chemical exfoliator. It was prescribed for me when I was younger and had a lot of breakouts, but I liked the result so much I've kept using it. Now there are a bunch you can get without a prescription, but it's actually way cheaper for me to get the prescribed kind. Just be careful, because they can really dry your skin out until you get used to them.

Sometimes I wonder if I continue to not do anything to my skin until I'm say 50, will my skin actually look better than all the people who put such harsh stuff on their face? A chemical exfoliator which has to be prescribed sounds a bit scary. But if it works like you say....hmmm? I'll do some research.

The friend I mentioned earlier is organic this, organic that, filtered water, free range eggs only, only pure stuff in her body blah blah blah....but then goes and puts fucking chemicals on her face twice a day. :? Seems a bit hypocritical to me.
    It won't happen overnight but it will happen.
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    I swear by vitamin E cream. I've only been using it for about 6 months but i've noticed a difference. It's pretty cheap too, $12 and it lasts me a good 3 months.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • jsvedderjsvedder Posts: 9
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I'm 32....and I'm getting more and more wrinkles near my eyes and dimples when I smile and laugh....which is all the fucking time.

I don't use any beauty products on my face at all....and never take my make up off. I basically wash my face with baby soap when I have a shower and sometimes when it feels or looks dry I moisturise it with a moisturizer I use for the rest of my body.

My friend (30) was shocked I didn't cleanse, tone and moisturise twice a day. She said she noticed a difference in her face when she started and now she said her fine wrinkle lines are smoother and less noticeable. The stuff my friend uses is about $100 a bottle x three products plus masks, peels, exfoliating scrubs etc etc. Fuck that!! Surely there are cheaper options that work just as well?

Hi Ziggy,
    You are supposed to.. i get lazy too. if they carry Oil of Olay the Regenerist line, those products always gets high good reviews and apparently are effective.

Check it out!!

Jodi
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    lots of Vitamin D .... sunshine 8-)
    Jukee wrote:
    I swear by vitamin E cream. I've only been using it for about 6 months but i've noticed a difference. It's pretty cheap too, $12 and it lasts me a good 3 months.

What kind of difference did you notice?
    js255375 wrote:

Hi Ziggy,
    You are supposed to.. i get lazy too. if they carry Oil of Olay the Regenerist line, those products always gets high good reviews and apparently are effective.

Check it out!!

Jodi

Hey Jodi. I've often wondering if Oil of Olay worked....will look it up now. Thanks!! :D
    My mum has always used expensive crap on her face....ridiculously expensive some of it....and she has less wrinkles than me (even though she says she can't see mine -- I can!!). She is 67 but looks younger than that....but I assumed it was just her genes....maybe it is a result of all the crap she puts on her skin.
    http://www.olay.com/skin-care/anti-agin ... g-wrinkles

Retinyl Proprionate
    Niacinamide
    Peptides

Does it really have to be this hard?!
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Zig, wash your face!!! :x If you do nothing else, at least remove your make-up. It doesn't have to be complicated or expensive, just buy the make-up removing wipes.

I don't have a regime per se, I always make sure to remove my make-up if I'm wearing any, wash my face, and apply Nivea cream. Oh, and sun-block, sun-block, sun-block! Not concerned so much with the wrinkle aspect, more with skin cancer.

And finally, remember wrinkles and laugh-lines indicate a life lived; each one tells a story :D Don't be afraid of aging gracefully.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if I continue to not do anything to my skin until I'm say 50, will my skin actually look better than all the people who put such harsh stuff on their face? A chemical exfoliator which has to be prescribed sounds a bit scary. But if it works like you say....hmmm? I'll do some research.

The friend I mentioned earlier is organic this, organic that, filtered water, free range eggs only, only pure stuff in her body blah blah blah....but then goes and puts fucking chemicals on her face twice a day. :? Seems a bit hypocritical to me.
    You probably will! Seems like the worst factors for aging skin are smoking, drinking and the sun. I don't smoke, barely drink, but I'll be damned if I'm staying out of the sun!

It does sound scary! It was developed for treatment of acne, which is why I started using it, but it really works. There's actually a lot of research behind retinols. My mom started using it after she saw what it did for my skin.

• I'm just accepting it. I use a gentle soap on my face, morning and night and a gentle natural moisturizer. Most of the anti-aging stuff is so chemically harsh with known cancer causing ingredients. I'd rather live with a few wrinkles.

This is a good resource for finding out how your products rate in terms of environmental and health safety. You would be surprised how products that claim to be all natural (Burt's Bees ahem) are pretty harsh and bad for you: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/search.php
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I don't use any beauty products on my face at all....and never take my make up off. I basically wash my face with baby soap when I have a shower and sometimes when it feels or looks dry I moisturise it with a moisturiser I use for the rest of my body.

i do nothing, and don't care if i get wrinkles.

gf is always doing shit. she washes it morning and night, goes in at least once a month to have her face worked on. don't know what they do. i will say, her skin looks a lot better than it did a couple of years ago. she has something that sort of pot marks her cheeks, but they are smoother.

your results may vary
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg