n

2»

Comments

• ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    The Incredible Hulk show used to scare the crap out of me.

YES! I just remembered that I used to have nightmares about a massive green dude!! :shock: I haven't thought about that in years!!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    I used to be scared of spiderman.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    I remember seeing nightmare on elm street 4, or a small part of anyway, when I was young, mus have been maybe 10, in one of those roadside motels. I remember it too this day. But obviously only relaised it was nightmare 4 when I got a bit older and saw the nightmare movies as an adult. But yeah, not a kids movie.

Started watching the little mermaid with my 4 year old the other day and it got to a bit of a scary bit with the evil octopus lady and she was like, i've had enough watching this. She didn't say she was scared or anything, but she didn't really want to watch it anymore. But she did go back to it the next day, and has watched it many times since. And she saw the lion king(or the lion kingdom, as she calls it) and I was worried about when the the king gets trampled but she seemed fine, with it and has watched it heaps.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,972
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    This bitch scared the fuck out of me when I was little:

bfd8ab57cbc4ba48fc3c9dc8e0d16780.jpg

And so did her flying fucking monkeys....I hate those things:

the+wizard+of+oz+monkey+2.jpg
    its all fun and games until the flying monkeys attack.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I remember seeing nightmare on elm street 4, or a small part of anyway, when I was young, mus have been maybe 10, in one of those roadside motels. I remember it too this day. But obviously only relaised it was nightmare 4 when I got a bit older and saw the nightmare movies as an adult. But yeah, not a kids movie.

When I was little my favourite movie of all time was Grease. We taped it off tv over another movie....HALLOWEEN. If I fell asleep (which was often -- I watched Grease a lot!) and didn't turn it off in time, the Grease credits would end and the credits of Halloween would be running....with that FUCKING CREEPY MUSIC PLAYING!! I'd wake up, absolutely shit my pants and run out of the room with my hands over my ears every time. I still hate that music and get a creepy feel when I heard it....but I love the movie!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    After my parents let me watch "The End" of Apocalypse Now when I was about 11 years old, nothing scares me. I got desensitized pretty quick.
    same here, my dad let me watch IT and The Shining when i was like 8 or 9
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Charlie and The Chocolate Factory - when Augustus Gloop gets suck up into the big pipe, that bothered me for a long time
    The whole boat ride scene with the chicken getting it's head cut off.

This! I didn't see this movie until I was 17, and even then I was scared.

Jimmy Fallon did a really funny skit on SNL to this. He was in the boat doing the speech that Willy Wonka is giving (and the rowers keep on rowing), and then he stopped and goes "Wait, this is a kid's movie?"
  • AkshardhamAkshardham Posts: 49
    edited March 2018
    Post edited by Akshardham on
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    This bitch scared the fuck out of me when I was little:

bfd8ab57cbc4ba48fc3c9dc8e0d16780.jpg

And so did her flying fucking monkeys....I hate those things:

the+wizard+of+oz+monkey+2.jpg
    YES!!!! The flying monkeys freaked me the fuck out :?
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    i watched Pet Sematary when i was a kid........ traumatized the shit out of me
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    Not a kids movie I guess but Arachnophobia fucked me up....spiders are my only real fear in life....well, spiders and mayonaisse
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    djjazzy276 wrote:
    Gob wrote:
    The heart removal from The Temple of Doom.. Not really a kids movie, but wasn't it rated PG? I saw it anyhow..

If I'm not mistaken, this movie was the reason for the implementation of the PG-13 rating and I also believe Spielberg himself was one of the people pushing for it. People getting their still beating hearts ripped out of their chests in a PG rated movie finally made them think, "hmm, maybe we should add another category here."

Red Dawn, the first movie to be released with a PG-13 rating. came out a few months later ... so, the timeline works.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087985/trivia
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    The Kool-Aid man used to scare me on those commericals where he broke through the wall. :lol:
    I also got freaked out during the scene in Pee Wee's Big Adventure where the lady's face went claymation.
    Oh, and not to mention the scene in the Temple of Doom where the dude's heart got pulled out.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    not a movie, but there was an episode of fantasy island that scared the fuck out of me

i'm pretty sure the wicked witch & monkeys scared me too...as well as the psychedelic tunnel from wonka...but those scenes are great stoned! :P :mrgreen:
  • BronyBrony Posts: 631
    the scary lady truck driver in the pee wee herman movie
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    The Witches - 1990...

witches.jpg
  • GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    Lukin66 wrote:
    ET when he's dying in the forest. I must have seen that scene when I was six or seven, and have NEVER finished watching the movie. To this day, I refuse. Which is really strange to me, since I love Star Wars. Apparently I could take lightsabers and arms getting chopped off, but a wrinkly, little alien dying in a forest made me lose it :lol:

omg YES. that shit is not right... and then it's like Elliot starts getting sick at the same time too like they shared and STD.. creepy
    Wow. I always thought my son was the only one traumatized by ET. Scared the daylights out of him when he was 5 - never watched it again till his wife made him, and he still hated it.
  • genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Loulou wrote:
    I used to be scared of the Skecksies in the Dark Crystal, especially that one that kept making that "Hmmmm" sound.
    And I know it's not a kid's movie as such but what reeeally effected me was that damn green monster coming out of the toilet on the front of The Ghoulies video, hence I used to flush the toilet and run as fast as I could! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

OMG!!!!!!!!!
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!
    I used to stare at that cover at the movie store! It freaked me right out forever and ever. Still gives me the heebie jeebies.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Book and, I think, video scared the shit out of me when I was a kid.

1522-goosebumps.jpg
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Davidtrios wrote:
    The Witches - 1990...

witches.jpg

My daughter is 5. And I swear she can watch almost anything. She just loves it! I have to be really careful with her. Anyway we started reading Roald Dahl books a while ago cause I have a ton of them. And she couldnt get enough of The Witches. So we downloaded it. She loved it!

She also loves Nighmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride, The Last Unicorn, Dark Crystal, Secret of Nhym...

I was worried one day when my friends kids brought over the Alice in Wonderland with Johnny Depp. Cause I thought the movie would freak her out finally. So I didnt let them put it on. But them I bought the movie and we watched it together and of course Im all worried cause I think the Bandersnatch is gonna scare her. Nope.
    She loves him and thinks hes so cute and nice and would like a Bandersnatch of her own to ride. :shock:
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    The Incredible Hulk show used to scare the crap out of me.

YES! I just remembered that I used to have nightmares about a massive green dude!! :shock: I haven't thought about that in years!!

Great, well I apologize if they return!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/